Author Topic: organization ruining the MA.  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
organization ruining the MA.
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2002, 04:50:11 AM »
"Lazs,

Everything you desire from AH already exists... it is called DUELLING ARENA !!!!! "

Which is closed.

Oh, sorry, I forgot your dialect.

WHichiS CLosED DUdE!!!!!!!!!

Clearer?

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2002, 06:13:35 AM »
ROFL!

This topic is clearly Whine Of the Week stuff

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2002, 07:36:10 AM »
"ROFL! This topic is clearly Whine Of the Week stuff"

It got an honorable mention on the Golden Globe Awards the other day!

Westy

p.s. "lately, it's been like a freakin kiddie parlour 24/7 in the MA.. who wants to eat at chuckie cheeze every night with all the sqaulling kids totin full loads in their diapers? The MA seems to me to have changed dramaticly.. "        Oh. And welcome to AW-4.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2002, 03:26:22 PM by K West »

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2002, 08:10:08 AM »
maybe bigger maps are the solution.

The furball geeks can have their one or two huge fights along each front while giving the strat junkies an opportunity to attack en masse, avoiding the furball in order to take bases.  The front wouldn't change significantly but over time the side whose strat junkies are the best would have won the map and the furball prolly wouldn't be bothered until the very end when the map is reset.

If the furball geeks don't care about who wins the war and just want aerial battles then there shouldn't be a problem.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2002, 08:39:07 AM »
hang... ya know... the canyons we used to have were really great and would really be an asset to the early war planes we are getting... I believe that I mentioned as much in a thread about "area" arenas.   Eventually, we will have to have some kinda arena that seperates the early planes from the late.   "Area" just seems the most logical.

And... I don't get it... you claim that I am a pessimist yet I come on just to have fun (and do) and in the same breath you talk about being depressed and seeing nothing but childish graffitii spreaders in all the new guys.    I see the new guys as an ecclectic group.  some are imature to the point of beintg hilarious... some are clueless as myuself about "features" and a percentage is ..... extremely good sticks learning a new sims FM.   Get down and fight em... they are friggin GOOD.    If you think I can recognize skill at all then believe me.... some of these guys are gonna be bellybutton kickers.  As good as any I've seen in the past.

But then..... maybe I don't understand this whole "half empty half full" thing.    And.... keep the damn useless flowers and naked pictures.... midnight is sending me a firearm and ammo!
lazs

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2002, 12:19:26 PM »
I had a hell of a time the other day shooting those bastards down dodging there gv fire over ther base. Thats always a blast for me, i cant deny that and wouldnt attempt to. nothing more fun then taking my jug down on the deck overcomming the TNB sissies.

To much organization does ruin the game for the casual player, they are nearly forced to play the others game when it comes down to it, on the recieving or delivering side of the spectrum. If its a enemy organized, as previously stated there must be a organized defense and if it is countrymen organized you can either join up with them or look for enemy straglers who are playing hide and seek.

i'll admit one night in joint ops i was about to fall asleep from lack of action(or to much "consumption":o), i seriously flew for 3 hours with seeing a single enemy. BUT i was dive bombing, ive flown fighter sweep before and that is good fun while it last. I say that because its not like a normal day in the MA where you can fight for hours in the same place, it will soon be capped and time to move on.. but its still a good time none the less.

like i said before, i like to play different games sometimes.. as of lately i can generaly be found smackin down low slow e-less cons, thats where i like um. Thats great fun. but its a good break to do some co-operative strikes occasionally.

Make fields harder to capture, i think adding another VH near the city and a larger city would do the trick, or atleast be a good start. We will just have to wait and see what 1.09 has in store..

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2002, 12:35:15 PM »
oops!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2002, 12:37:47 PM by Rude »

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2002, 12:49:59 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
hang... ya know... the canyons we used to have were really great and would really be an asset to the early war planes we are getting... I believe that I mentioned as much in a thread about "area" arenas.   Eventually, we will have to have some kinda arena that seperates the early planes from the late.   "Area" just seems the most logical.

lol... Lazs idea of the great divide that keeps the early, mid and late war planes away from each other reminds me of Author Conan Dolye's "The Lost World"

There, far to the east, the planes of yesteryear fly about with not a care in the world, totally unaware that the world around them has evolved.

BTW, Lazs... what is with the early war planes that you want so much? just cause they turn more? I mean, why not play Red Baron then, they turn even more. I know you once said something about the late war planes are speeding the game up more. Isn't that better? You can get to the enemy faster.

If the planes are even slower, the fields would have to be even MORE close together, or you would start whining they are too far and alt-monkeys ruin it, or something like that.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2002, 02:07:56 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker
"Lazs,
Everything you desire from AH already exists... it is called DUELLING ARENA !!!!! "

Which is closed.
Oh, sorry, I forgot your dialect.
WHichiS CLosED DUdE!!!!!!!!!
Clearer?

Seeker,

Duelling Arena was PRETTY MUCH open when I just visited it. It was unpopulated though.

Maybe this is just some issue of the pea sized brains of some devoted furballers... :p ...just like the case with your post above.

If you have difficulties reading this, ask some foreign tourist to read it aloud for you...

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2002, 02:08:41 PM »
midnight.... let's reverse the question... Why do you insist on flying a late war untouchable plane against early war planes?   Because the late war planes require  more patience than talent?    

Comeon.... what's the deal?   you think that it is just fine for you to ruin the fun of early war planes by butting in where your not wanted?    What?   You don't realize your not wanted?  LOL  What's wrong with seperating em?   afraid nobody will bother to play with you?    Bet you didn't like "canyon world" because you couldn't B&Z as well.   Face it.... you're not even in the same game as most players.  

And, I know it must be an oversite on your part but...... I still haven't gotten my gun and ammo.    do you have a tracking number?

oh.... and my daughter said that "midnight" was a very unpopular ponie in the "my pretty ponie" series  no one wanted to play with it.
lazs
« Last Edit: January 22, 2002, 02:10:58 PM by lazs2 »

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2002, 02:58:33 PM »
At least ya'll have the Linda Blair view so you don't have to listen to Lazlo's incessant whining about THAT.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2002, 08:35:19 AM »
somebody listened gadfly/lizking  "less than `100 kills in three years'.  
lazs

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2002, 08:51:37 AM »
So now we have to reach a minimum amount of kills to be allowed to post in the forum...

Please remind that this was suggested by the guy who called the CT players 'elitists'....
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2002, 09:33:19 AM »
laz what you are asking for is a new map!

why dont you just say 'HTC can we have a map where the bases are closer....(add your drivel here) please?'

if they produced the map you would have your set up and HERES THE POINT so would everyone else
As long as maps were continually evolving or new ones introduced like they are now everyone will remain happy, its just a matter of overall customer patience that decides how long they stay a subscriber if they want a different type of map/setup.

You come in the BB and start all your threads with an attack on its members.Now you have decided to attack the very heart of online gaming for me personally.EVERY ONLINE GAME that i have played gets twice as good when your teammates jump in and help you out.Theres nothing better than leaping into a fight and spraying the enemy shooting at your team mates in a first person shooter or clearing a country mates tail in AH and being thanked for it.

ya get that 'glowy' feelin' inside:D :p ;) :cool:

oh i forgot, laz is too selfish to enjoy any form of cooperation right?

Laz just ask for HTC to build a furball map. request it as you are a paying customer after all and everyone has a say i think.

HTC please let laz have his map, maybe even let him design one on paper?
 maybe laz will be right but i doubt it, maybe if he does equal amounts of near and far fields it could possibly work but i personally think, just like his "neutral zone" theory (laz is a trekkie! :)) lazs maps will smell of HORSEMANURE :p
« Last Edit: January 23, 2002, 09:35:25 AM by hazed- »