Author Topic: Yo! What Happened To HT's Vision?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Yo! What Happened To HT's Vision?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2000, 08:46:00 PM »

Originally posted by Nash:
Hehe Mino. I think everyone's read those. Whatcha gettin' at?  

LOL  

Nash, I doubt they read it completely nor took the time to understand what it says.

I thought I would be just a little helpful...

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
Not that this helps or contributes in any way but...   .squelch "yo!what happend to ht's I's"
"Walk away, just walk away, leave the gas..."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2000, 02:27:00 PM »
"Yo! What Happened To HT's Vision?"

ummmm....

It continues to evolve, tempered by the realities of the marketplace?

It continues to evolve according to HIS vision?

It continues to evolve according to HIS vision, with input and suggestions by his customers?

Maybe a little of all of the above?

I just play. I just have fun. I welcome every new version and I learn to live with the things I personally would have done differently.

If it ever gets to where I DON'T haved fun...well, I'll worry about that day if and when it comes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline bongo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2000, 02:44:00 PM »
This is better then Days of your life,  im hooked  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2000, 02:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by bongo:
This is better then Days of your life,  im hooked  

LOL Bongo, its more like "As the  Stomach turns...."

Hey, you going to Texas for the Con Bongo?  Wanna split a room?

Hazed

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2000, 03:55:00 PM »
Pongo whilst my feelings on this subject lean towards agreeing with RAM you make a sound point  
I started in beta too and you are right.
I'll watch, play and wait in hope things will work out for the best.
HTC have done a fantastic job and my only complaint is that they dont work 24hours a day to make me happy hehehe just kidding guys  
no wheres that whip .....

Offline bongo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2000, 04:39:00 PM »
Sorry Rip
going some where else,  made plans along time ago  

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
Heyas..

Ok mebbe this is the wrong thread to post this I dunno...

But, I am visiting from aw3, and AH rox, but sadly I cannot afford $30.  WHich is actually closer to $45 here in Canada ay!  Now $20 US$  maybe....
And don't gimme that $30 is $30 no matter what country your in, incomes vary...

SKurj

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2000, 09:48:00 AM »
<SIGH>...

The dream is over...time to wake up  

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2000, 11:02:00 AM »
Probably will get flamed for this again.. like I always get when I say this  

If AH was 10 bucks a month they would get a HELL of a LOT more costumers. The FM does NOT need to be EZ'd... heck, the FM is what ATTRACTS people to AH instead of AW or WB or those MS losersims!

I have 12 friends here in my neighborhood that are online sim fans.. some are 20+ years olds, the youngest is 14. You think they will be in AH if they could? Hell yes! They flew the 2 week trial, squeaked and suffered for the first 3 days of it, but then got the hold of it and just plain LOVED it. 2 weeks gone... $30 a month is just out of the question. Pooof! 12 costumers gone.

Not to mention that in other countries $30 a month is way over the heads of the common players. In my country in South America, $30 a month is like 60 thousand pesos... with that amount you can buy food for a month. Get my drift?

$10 a month would bring a LOT of people into AH. Those who like it are those who have friends that like these kinds of sims... they will also be brought into AH. Those who dont like it will go back to MS sim or AW and squeak about the "hard FM"... and hey, those who listen to that squeaking are likely to say "Hot damn! That sounds like a REALISTIC sim! Ill check it out!"... and become AH'ers.

*puts on his asbestos suit*

FLAME AWAY  

Edited:

As far as the "EZ mode for new players":

I was a "new player" when I first flew the game.. I was somewhat familiar with ACM because I flew a LOT of SWOTL and Aces of the Pacific... but of course, nothing prepares you for playing against human pilots. I was in AW3 beta.. got my butt kicked.. ROYALLY. I became a ground attack player because I couldnt ACM worth a damn. AW3 Beta ended and I still couldnt ACM. Then, YEARS after not playing any WW2 sim, I find AH. In a week I got to be average skill in ACM, thanks to the fact that AH's graphics allow you to SEE what the other dude is doing, and many players in the community will tell you how to do it, go to the TA with you, etc.

If HTC wants to put in something EZ-like for newbies or somethign that will not get them creamed by vet players, then perhaps the addition of "trainer planes", aka a model of each plane in the set that is invulnerable to fire, whose guns do no damage and whose icons and plane paint scheme would be bright orange or something to allow other players to ID it. This would allow the newbies to TEST their abilities against players that will ignore them (it is as hard to tail and shoot a plane that is ACM'ing another plane that is not yours). This will give them newbies flight time and "fight time" in the all the models of planes...without taking them off to another arena!.

This may not be the best of ideas, but its a start  

[This message has been edited by Tac (edited 09-03-2000).]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2000, 12:18:00 PM »
 Got to go with tac on this one. Its not the FM that keeps the players in FA, AW, or even the ACA. Its the extra 20 bucks a month.

The full realsim was worth the money. But as AH moves closer and closer to them (weaker guns, padlock views, combat trim. You can call them what you want. But, anything the computer does for you is easy). The reason for spending the extra money becomes less and less.

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2000, 05:10:00 PM »
O.K. RAM, you woke me up!  Would be nice to know why you stirred up my post from 4 mos. ago?  Could you share?  Since you woke me up here's an updated opinion.  AH is a lot of fun but realistic?  I've been flying the FW-190A5 lately and been slapping the stick around like an adolescent.  Have I dropped out of the sky like I used to in the FW190 in FA2?  Nope, it's kind of forgiving in that department. Considering my real life +3000 hrs. maybe my kill ratio would be better if my oponents would kill themselves by just not being able to control their planes, LOL.  Bottom line, as you can see from the posts up above, this is a commercial venture and HTC will do whatever it takes to make it successful by "their" estimation.  At this point, the fun and visual quality of the game more than offset any hard core addiction I might have to a "super realistic" flight sim.  Guess I must be mellowing or recognizing that I don't have the money to go out and get the kind of sims which are used int he airline and military to train real life pilots.  Those are realistic!
Beeg

Originally posted by RAM:
<SIGH>...

The dream is over...time to wake up    

------------------

[This message has been edited by Beegerite (edited 09-03-2000).]