Author Topic: Serious question  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Serious question
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2002, 10:33:20 AM »
Lookin at the current kill death ratio.. The P-51D belongs on the perkworthy list as well.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Serious question
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2002, 10:45:29 AM »
The La7 is no uber plane- and don't play them "I fly a 190 and I can't fight it" cards, cuz I know for a fact even a 190A8 can dupe a La7 in a scissors fight.

And this was before the influx of newbies.

The thing that gets me is people are using some really shotty analogies- "what if everyone in the arena flew B17s and you wanted to fly.."

NO single plane reaches 15% of arena usage. All 4 unperked Spits(I,II,V,IX) may get close to that, but it's still nothing to cry about.

And besides, the 190 was horribly outclassed by late war Russian aircraft on the Eastern front- why do you think they had far more 109s deployed there?

All late war rides should be perked, not piecemeal like most people want- because it all comes down to "I got shot down by this plane while I was in this plane"... that's just lame, especially when some of you all fly late war rides and are lobbying for a 1942 Spit to get perked.

Do you have no shame?
-SW

Offline Stridr417

• Zinc Member
All ya need is...
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2002, 11:35:01 AM »
ROLLING.....  PLANE..... SET......

Stridr

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Serious question
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2002, 11:57:35 AM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Math
  I care what other people fly.  Not so much who flies it but how many.  Simply put, I don't care how many aircraft I shoot down, or how many planes shoot me down, it's WHAT plane (for me) at all times.  I've got a pretty good record for knocking Nik's/Spits and La7's out of the air (actually it's about even), it just gets old.  Tonight, I was THRILLED as I got into a very fun fight in my Pony-B with a Ta-152, ended up using all my ammo and he was still alive (dang things are tougher than I thought).  It was awesome.. No spits, niks or La7's in SIGHT!!  In other words... some goob cherry picker didn't notice the two of us duking it out just out of icon range of the furball.  I didn't even get the inevitable N1K point and click geek sneak in.. totally awesome, fights like that are hard to find these days.  It boils down to whats easy and what takes a little work.  I don't care what anyone flies, but don't ask me to laud your skill if you get fixated on me and chase me to Egypt and back in a La7.. and don't whine if I waggle my wings at your Spit, wave goodbye and fly on to a fight that might offer me something more than the old spitty "turn into target" routine followed shortly by the nerd La7 diving in to cherry pick.    Well, I've said my thing enough times on this board....  but one last time (not), it would be nice to spend MORE time fighting things other than Nik's Spits and La7's.  That will never change though... the path of least resistance is the choice of most of course of course.  See.. I can whine with the best.

Tumor ... I think that you need to take a BIG dose of your own "Act like an Adult Medicine" and loose the words such as "goob", "nerd", "geek", and any other adjective that you may choose to describe people who don't want to play the game your way.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Serious question
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2002, 12:05:56 PM »
Ya know....it's always been like this.

Toad and Keiren along with a couple of others said it best. If ya can't find some fun in what your doing here in AH, then maybe it's time to look elsewhere for your fun. One thing for certain, is that you will not be able to force the majority of players to play your way...not with this attempt or any other.

Perk the Spit? My gosh, I'm not a historian, but wasn't the Spit one of the most produced fighter planes in WW2? Shouldn't we see more of them than other rides just do to their popularity?

Whatever. All I know is that I sometimes can't believe how goofy some of you act....Toad and I were discussing this and he mentioned checking the monthly cycle of some of this stupidity...might be occurring every 28 days. Perhaps we have more female pilots in the game than we realize?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Serious question
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2002, 12:11:55 PM »
Most of this is not a factor in the CT, and one of the reasons why I fly there much more than the MA.

eskimo

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Serious question
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2002, 12:25:07 PM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
NO single plane reaches 15% of arena usage. All 4 unperked Spits(I,II,V,IX) may get close to that, but it's still nothing to cry about.

Where is your limit? 25%? 30%? No limit? If you have a "limit" then you are one of the ones that care what the others fly.

That limit is particular for each one, you may think that 99% users flying B17 is abusing while I may think 20% is also abusing.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Serious question
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2002, 12:29:19 PM »
Show any stat culled from the game that shows any variant of any plane amounting to 20% of any category. Simple. You keep bandying that percentage around like it is a fact, when it is not.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Serious question
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2002, 12:38:55 PM »
ROFLOL Kieran, I was just an example of different perception of that limit. Your "eruption" is frankly funny as your MANDOBLE-obsession :D :D

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Serious question
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2002, 12:44:11 PM »
No obsession per se, more like a laboratory examination. hehe, your penchant for meaningless analogy continues...

"Eruption" heheheh

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
Serious question
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2002, 12:45:12 PM »
"checking the monthly cycle of some of this stupidity...might be occurring every 28 days. Perhaps we have more female pilots in the game than we realize?"

you may want to edit that comment out rude. Almost sounds lazs-like.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Serious question
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2002, 12:46:34 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE

Where is your limit? 25%? 30%? No limit? If you have a "limit" then you are one of the ones that care what the others fly.

That limit is particular for each one, you may think that 99% users flying B17 is abusing while I may think 20% is also abusing.

I went to the Redwood forest once, up in Norther California. Had a nice long chat with a 400 year old tree. Those trees were pretty thick. 6-8 feet at the base. But those trees were nowhere near as thick as Mandy.

The 20% that people throw around is not based on some number they pull out of their... socks. It's based on historic precident. The perking of the chog, occured after the chog had obtained 20% of all air to air kills in a tour. It's a number with assigned value because of it's previous importance. If you cant figure that much out after 3 pages of posts in the other thread, and 2 pages here. There's just no hope for you. But then, many of us already knew that.

You can take you're 99% Buff story and dip in jergan's cause you're just playin with yourself there.

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Serious question
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2002, 01:22:33 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE

I have no limit. I was against perking the F4U-1C, so there.
-SW

Offline Fester'

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Serious question
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2002, 01:38:55 PM »
and gets to decide which is their favorite. Or, transversly, they don't have to choose any

I have a cousin who is transverse :)

What we have here is a group of people that have said, "This is it! This is my plane!" ......    .....the trouble is now we have people that have been allowed to make their choice trying to remove that privilege from others. These people want their planes to do things they are not designed to do, therefore they need the competitors removed.

Yes, to fail in their plane of choice, having forsaken all others, is not acceptable.  Does not fit their self-image.

Very well said Kerien

You decided you would fly only X or Y plane. YOU made the choice to enter an arena where you knew flying that plane was going to be tough. Want to impress people, really? Take whatever plane you want and kill with it, and keep your mouth shut when you die.

Again, very well said.  Im actually a little shocked that when this has been so cleary said, so many times that a few still try to, lamely, defend their stance.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Serious question
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2002, 01:45:37 PM »
Raymond: "I'm an excellent driver."

Raymond: "I'm an excellent FW driver."

Raymond: "I'm an excellent FW-190 driver."

Raymond: "I'm an excellent driver."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!