Author Topic: The law?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The law?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2002, 10:30:31 AM »
What diff is it? Was he a model citizen? What trash did they really remove from society?

That says it all right there, well about how your thinking.

Just throw 'em all in jail, anyone with a past record... they aren't model citizens, get rid of 'em.... all of 'em... death by firing squad... whatever, it's your choice because you are a "model citizen".......

This is not about the person, or his past... this is about the accusations against him and the government breaking the law when it comes to processing this person. So, in this case the government is breaking the law... guess what, they would have a record now if they were a citizen... take 'em all out back and hang 'em... just like this fella.

As far as Christianity and Islam... why is it that your ignorance surrounding this religion has turned you into believing that they see Islam as better than Christianity- which I'm going to venture a guess is your religion of choice. I'm an atheist, all religions have the same toejam and it all stinks. So don't play the religion card, because Islam is a religion based around peace and caring for a fellow Islamic brother. It helps a lot of black men in jail get through, so? You got a problem with that.

The violent undercurrent in Islam is no differen than the violent undercurrent in Christianity.. nut jobs in both religions, don't make me play the abortion clinic bombings card...

Try to turn the Islamic religion into your enemy, and Christianity as the savior of the free and "sane" world... it'll only go on to prove your ignorance.
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The law?
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2002, 10:42:33 AM »
Christianity isn't my "choice"

It the one I understand the best but not my choice. Didn't mean to rile ur feathers with the question. Just seems strange to me so many criminals turn to Islam in prison. I'm sure it helps as many as it further corrupts, it ruined Cat Stevens :)

But ur comparison of  a "Christian" nutbag abortion clinic bomber to an "Islamic" nutbag who wants to take down a country/society - doesn't hold water with me.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
And the "Angel" ain't cooperating ...
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2002, 10:53:06 AM »

... imagine that :)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=1&cid=578&u=/nm/20020611/ts_nm/attack_dirtybomb_dc_15

Gotta love Reuters:
"Washington blames bin Laden's network for the Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington that killed about 3,000 people."

I guess they think Santa Claus did it

:rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: And the "Angel" ain't cooperating ...
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2002, 10:54:57 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler

... imagine that :)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=578&e=1&cid=578&u=/nm/20020611/ts_nm/attack_dirtybomb_dc_15

:rolleyes:

Why should he cooperate? No lawyer, no trial, no justice.
sand

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The law?
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2002, 10:57:07 AM »
What got me was that you believe Islam is the root of all evil. Islamic people do not hate America, MANY Islamic people live happily in this country and love it. MANY Islamic people are on our side in this war on terrorism. Islam is not a religion of evil, hatred or random killing, but some nut jobs have gone to great lengths to make it that way. Afterall, the only reason these particular Islamic people don't like America is because we support Israel which they never liked in the first place and that is why some Islamic extremists despise America and Americans.

But I don't see how you can't not see a difference between abortion clinic bombings, killing doctors and other personnel that work there, and killing of random men, women and children. Abortion clinics are doing their job, then one day a nut job christian decides to blow it up. It's senseless killing anyway you slice it, and it happens on all sides of the fence. So to believe because one side has extremists that hate America and the other side, which is typically in America, kills Americans just doing their job... and somehow one side is more savage... well that's just ignorance.

And there's plenty of white guys in prison that choose christianity, and are just as savage... KKK members-> interprets christianity for their cause, white power members, and neo-nazis...

Christianity has just as much junk in the trunk as other religions, don't believe it's somehow more just than Islam- they both have extremist nut jobs senselessly killing people... and it's both wrong.
-SW

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
The law?
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2002, 11:07:28 AM »
When it comes down to plots to use nuclear weapons, I fully expect my government to shoot first and ask questions later. I don't sympathize with this prettythanghole's inability to hire Johnny Cochrane - with fees paid by Osama bin Laden.

I'm sure that Uncle Sam will reveal what he can,  when he can.
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: And the "Angel" ain't cooperating ...
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2002, 11:10:08 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

Why should he cooperate? No lawyer, no trial, no justice.

Uh, to prove his innocence pehaps? If he's not innocent then he is a traitor and deserves nothing more than a bullet in the brain.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
The law?
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2002, 11:22:48 AM »
Let's see. He should cooperate with the interrogators without benefit of legal counsel and with the knowledge that he'll probably not receieve a trial.

Right?:rolleyes:
sand

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The law?
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2002, 11:25:23 AM »
Let's see. He should cooperate with the interrogators without benefit of legal counsel and with the knowledge that he'll probably not receieve a trial.

Right?:rolleyes:

Like I said, if innocent it seems he'd be very interested in convincing those that have power of life or death over him. If he's not innocent, who gives a sh*t.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
The law?
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2002, 11:44:12 AM »
Sikboy. You are completely correct, and I do apologize for my language.

I suppose it's frustration. This is how I see things.
Short recap: Terrorist planning to detonate a dirty bomb in Washington DC. Depending on his level of success, such a detonation could mean the death of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Terrorist caught by FBI who turned him over to the military, all in accordannce with the law.

Average conservative reaction: Hooray. WTFG GUYS!!! You saved alot of life. Now, all gather round and lets lynch him. First make him talk, and then string him up.

Average liberal reaction: WHAT!? Now I'm no terrorist sympathizer, but I cant believe this BS. What about his civil rights? Exactly how did the FBI learn about this? His rights MUST have been violated somehow. And what about his fair trial? Lynch GWB, somehow this is all his fault.

Lets just say that I dont understand you guys.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
The law?
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2002, 11:47:37 AM »
I'm no liberal Hortlund, so lets just say you don't understand much about this.

I'm glad they caught they guy, more power to 'em. They got evidence against him? Great! Try his ass... but don't break the law when convicting him- which is what is happening in this case.

If the law makers break the law... then what good is the law?

Find him guilty and kill him, I don't care... but he has rights because he is a US citizen.

EDIT: Compare this situation to the one with the unabomber.... why'd he get a speedy trial 'n all?
-SW

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
The law?
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2002, 11:56:17 AM »
Originally posted by AKSWulfe
I'm glad they caught they guy, more power to 'em. They got evidence against him? Great! Try his ass... but don't break the law when convicting him- which is what is happening in this case.

If the law makers break the law... then what good is the law?

This is the part I dont understand. Why would you say that they are breaking the law "in this case" when they so obviously are not? Why are you saying that? What does the concept of law mean to you?

Now, please, before you slam me with another quote from the Constitution. Do you really believe that the White House, the state department, the department of justice, the FBI, the department of defence and lord knows who else that are involved...do you think all of them just collectively thought "Yeah, to he** with this guys rights, lets all break the law to get him. Lets pretend we havent read that "Constitution" the liberals are nagging about" OR do you think that they simply are unaware of what the law is?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
The law?
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2002, 11:56:19 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron

Like I said, if innocent it seems he'd be very interested in convincing those that have power of life or death over him. If he's not innocent, who gives a sh*t.

Oddly enough, the court exists to prove guilt. Innocence is presumed.
sand

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
The law?
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2002, 11:57:20 AM »

Oddly enough, the court exists to prove guilt. Innocence is presumed.

Not in this case...

muuahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAha <-- evil laughter

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
The law?
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2002, 12:03:27 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Now, please, before you slam me with another quote from the Constitution. Do you really believe that the White House, the state department, the department of justice, the FBI, the department of defence and lord knows who else that are involved...do you think all of them just collectively thought "Yeah, to he** with this guys rights, lets all break the law to get him. Lets pretend we havent read that "Constitution" the liberals are nagging about" OR do you think that they simply are unaware of what the law is?

I'm shamed that the topic of this thread never even occurred to me....but I'm clueless as to what authority the government claims it does have here.  (BTW, I can't see Art II applies - no war has been declared).  Not saying there isn't any, I'd just love to hear what it is.

Hortlund, it NEVER pays to assume that government people (or any other people, I suppose) know what they're doing.  Never.  Not once.  If they have authority, they can show it.  

- oldman