Author Topic: Warbirds III Free for August, But ....  (Read 2221 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Warbirds III Free for August, But ....
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2001, 08:55:00 AM »
I've seen enough for my taste so to make your lives less stressful, this is my last post and I'm moving on to something more mature that has a better sense of community values with more tolerance for others.

Its always sad to see another alias chose to "leave".

Best of luck with your other handle(s)!

AKDejaVu

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
Warbirds III Free for August, But ....
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Wow,

I wish I had jumped in this thread earlier before it turned into a name calling contest.

Two quick things.

1. The WB3 FM is the worst I have ever flown. Mushy is an understatement. It is barely posible to deflect your elevators a few degrees without getting the stall buzzer going but the ailerons take forever to get started. If that game where a horse they would shoot it. I do not have much to compare it to but I have this. About 6 months ago I flew at Air Combat USA in their 2 seat fighters. We pulled 4.5 G's in our Yo, Yo's loops and turns and let me tell you Aces High is about right on. If you have your hand on the yoke and think about banking left you will begin to bank. When you are pulling G's and turning at speed you feel like you are on rails not on a mud track. And when you do hit an accelerated stall the A/C buffets like railroad tracks and then you Accelerate out of it and you feel the acceleration even more than AH. Not at all like you are hanging from a wall suspended by bubble gum like WB3 or CFS2.
Make no mistake about it these are high performance A/C. They handle like a Porshe not a station wagon.

2. The 6 view in WB3 is really more realistic that AH. But it wouldn't hurt the F4U/F6F that much as it does the P-51/P-47. Face there is no real 6 view unless you have a rear view mirror in your cockpit.