Author Topic: AK's...  (Read 945 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
AK's...
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2002, 06:10:54 AM »
*Ding Ding Ding Ding*!
That was a nice left hook from Xlee, will 'TheManx' be able to stand a second round ? :D Watch HTCBC to know more... !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2002, 06:19:51 AM »
I like the new big map.

Flew a bit during the "return to ndisles" last night and just couldn't get into it. Ndisles might be ok if they could scale it up to 512 x512 or something but ---> to me <--- 400 players just overwhelms the smaller maps.

Bigger is better.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Load

• Zinc Member
AK's...
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2002, 06:55:02 AM »
Must be a real nice family if a game map was the reason you needed to spend more time with them. Or maybe you are just that kind of Father?

X2Lee Are you TheManx´s son crying ?? Did he leave you so alone????  :(

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
AK's...
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2002, 08:57:49 AM »
I really like the large map. Just couldnt get into the island map last night..and it used to be one of my favorites.

Shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
AK's...
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2002, 09:03:22 AM »
What Toad and Shamus said....Ndisles map is now a big furball map. :)  Thats okay though, I like furballing when time is short.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
AK's...
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2002, 09:09:20 AM »
X2Lee :D

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
AK's...
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2002, 09:14:05 AM »
I like the new map....I logged on last night to fly (wifey and kids out of town) sat there looking at the boring ndisle terrain, logged and watched the tube.

After the new terrain, the old stuff is visually disappointing.

One word....rotation

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AK's...
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2002, 09:25:34 AM »
I logged on last night to fly (wifey and kids out of town)

You only get to play when your "wifey" is out of town there Rude cuz she says so, or it's just now that your worried about being a perceived as a good family man on some bbs?

Offline Packy

• Zinc Member
AK's...
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2002, 09:28:24 AM »
I like the new map and I dislike the new map for various reasons mentioned in other posts.  
I'm still bemused as to why the change to such a large map from the smaller 1.09 maps.  IMHO I feel that a map with a size inbetween 1.09 and 1.10 would have been more welcomed by more folks.
Please keep the maps rotating.

Pardon my ignorance but can a reset be achieved on the huge "pizza" map?  Or will we be stuck in the Sisyphean effort of trying to knock out a country to gain a reset for eternity?  I hope there is a time limit on the rotation, HTC.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2002, 09:37:33 AM »
Originally posted by Packy
Pardon my ignorance but can a reset be achieved on the huge "pizza" map?  Or will we be stuck in the Sisyphean effort of trying to knock out a country to gain a reset for eternity?  I hope there is a time limit on the rotation, HTC.

The "pizza" map was reset at least twice while I was on, probably was reset several times in the two weeks it was in the MA. Both times I saw the reset it took only one day.

I think it has potential to be difficult to reset if defended smartly, time will tell.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
AK's...
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2002, 09:38:42 AM »
Creamo STFU

Rotation is ok, although I when I find Mindanao in rotation I'll log back off again. Big map has lots going for it. Like any terrain it takes some time to learn to be able to play it well.

Just like a really tough new course is for golf.

Anyway I've flown more, and had more fun in the last 2 weeks on the big map than I have in the previous 3 months on Mindanao.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
AK's...
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2002, 09:45:59 AM »
This mean we aren't going to train together Ghost? My family will be out of town, so after church and taking a few cute little fellers to a Big Brothers ballgame, I could (shamefully) play AH.

By the way, doesn't STFU stand for Shut The diddly Up? (I'm telling Voss you foul person)

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.4wing.obviousonline.com
AK's...
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2002, 11:51:31 AM »
Thanks for the concern X2, it is indeed appreciated. Let me set your mind at ease though. I have a great wife and kids, and I'd never change my home life for anyone. Got two sons 8 and 5 and another on the way at the end of August, and been married for 12 of the best years of my life. That said, I still think the map is ugly as hell.

I would have enjoyed constructing some witty scenario about your family in response, but It's my personal belief you keep things civil. I don't avoid many things, but I've never attacked someone's family to get a point across.

Offline dsrtrat

• Nickel Member
AK's...
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2002, 12:09:42 PM »
I love the desert terrain. I would like to see a desert skinset for the planes. There have been several 202s and 205s that get passed by because they blend in so well.  I think it would be great to have a skinset for each map. Would be more realistic. As far as seeing ack against the sand, you will just have to pay better attention now:)(

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
AK's...
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2002, 12:41:37 PM »
Guy mentions he has a family and someone insults his family....
wow.
And then he gets cheered for it.
Im going to stay out of this one. But people that have showed how they like to play...will wish they could delete that one some day I think. Cause that is as lousy and toejamty as it comes.
And what goes around comes around.