Author Topic: AK's...  (Read 947 times)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2002, 01:33:20 PM »
Originally posted by Manxer
Thanks for the concern X2, it is indeed appreciated. Let me set your mind at ease though. I have a great wife and kids, and I'd never change my home life for anyone. Got two sons 8 and 5 and another on the way at the end of August, and been married for 12 of the best years of my life. That said, I still think the map is ugly as hell.

I would have enjoyed constructing some witty scenario about your family in response, but It's my personal belief you keep things civil. I don't avoid many things, but I've never attacked someone's family to get a point across.

Like I said before, you said it not me.

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.4wing.obviousonline.com
AK's...
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2002, 01:54:06 PM »
Actually, you assumed it. But as I said, you're playing with a deck of cards I'm not willing to use. Feel free to flame at will, as I won't retaliate the way you did.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2002, 02:58:53 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
This mean we aren't going to train together Ghost? My family will be out of town, so after church and taking a few cute little fellers to a Big Brothers ballgame, I could (shamefully) play AH.

By the way, doesn't STFU stand for Shut The diddly Up? (I'm telling Voss you foul person)

Lol creamo - you forgot blood donor.:D

curly

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2002, 04:00:50 PM »
Originally posted by X2Lee

Must be a real nice family if a game map was the reason you needed to spend more time with them. Or maybe you are just that kind of Father?

Ya knowwhat Manx? Your absolutly correct. I must apologize
for my statement. Im sure you do have a wonderful family, and I  am not being sarcastic.
This is a sincere apology. I was way outta line.

Now back to my typical bad nature,
What kinda crappy Dad needs a
crappy game map to make him  spend time with his wonderful   family?

Offline Moose1

• Copper Member
AK's...
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2002, 04:25:38 PM »
Pardon my ignorance but can a reset be achieved on the huge "pizza" map? Or will we be stuck in the Sisyphean effort of trying to knock out a country to gain a reset for eternity? I hope there is a time limit on the rotation, HTC.

The Pizza got reset four days or so after it came out, by the knights.  Bishops reset it at least twice after that, maybe more.  Rooks never got a reset (or even came close), as far as I know.  We were backed up in a corner near our HQ most of the time.

It's not as hard to reset that map as you think.  You need some squads that are very good at taking bases quickly, especially with GVs (GVs seem very important).  And it's actually easy to cut off and isolate bases, especially the ones near the HQs.  We were backed up near A39 for an entire weekend...the nearest airfield to that base is 50-60 miles away, so resupply runs were tough.

I like the Pizza, but I do like seeing the other terrains back in rotation for a while too.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2002, 05:00:02 PM »
Originally posted by TheManx
Whew, good to hear.

And this is somehow civil?? Guess you're one of those that can dish out the insults but get can't take 'em?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
AK's...
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2002, 05:20:05 PM »
It is civil actually. My video card reacts to this map terribly. I would be happy if everyone (ak's included) stopped using tiles that dropped my frame rate from 55 fps to 19 fps (which is what was happening). I'm not sure if the new tiles just didn't like ATI cards, but things got ugly. Did you guys test the map on different video cards, and if so did you document the specs and appearance differences? That "whew" meant a lot of things, and I'm pleased as hell that the old maps are put back into the rotation.

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
AK's...
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2002, 05:22:01 PM »
Oh, I can take an insult about Aces High. I'm a relative newbie, so it shouldn't be hard to find some way to do it without involving parenting. Look at my hit%, kd, anything you like, and then come back and kick me in the arse with it....just leave family out. Unless of course you need to, then by all means...go ahead. I just won't respond the same way.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AK's...
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2002, 05:33:28 PM »
The terrain tiles are just bitmaps. Same bitmaps they were on the smaller maps.

The sheer size of the map, or amount of sides on the terrain, would probably be the cause for your low frame rate.

Meaning, if HTC goes the way of the larger maps (possibly they'll leave the smaller maps in a dif arena), then you gotta upgrade anyway.

But yeah, ATI cards... driver support, eck.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2002, 05:36:21 PM »
Oh, I can take an insult about Aces High. I'm a relative newbie, so it shouldn't be hard to find some way to do it without involving parenting. Look at my hit%, kd, anything you like, and then come back and kick me in the arse with it....just leave family out. Unless of course you need to, then by all means...go ahead. I just won't respond the same way.

You did clamor for civility, but only after someone poked fun at you. Prior to that you made several posts that were inflammatory. If ya can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

BTW, you were the one that brought your family into this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 05:39:08 PM by AKIron »

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
AK's...
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »
(You know why clams are so happy? They have both Male and Female sex organs. It's true. Muck's useless fact of the day)

so does a worm but do you think they're happy ?

niehter will EVERY AH player at once...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 05:50:48 PM by Wlfgng »

Offline Manxer

• Zinc Member
AK's...
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2002, 06:00:21 PM »
I just asked you to keep my family out of any Manx bashing you need to do. Feel free to flame on about how crappy I am etc...lets get this flame fest going in the right direction. If your stats aren't good enough to start one, I'll recruit someone's whose is so that you can get him to start in on me. Failing that, keep the family insults up, I'm just stating that I won't do the same.

BTW, (game related) I still think the map you created was the greatest abomination to hit online gaming since WWIIOL's release. There, go crazy with that quote.

if I'm going to be blamed for incivility in this thread...I might as well give you good reason.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2002, 06:10:16 PM »
I just asked you to keep my family out of any Manx bashing you need to do. Feel free to flame on about how crappy I am etc...lets get this flame fest going in the right direction. If your stats aren't good enough to start one, I'll recruit someone's whose is so that you can get him to start in on me. Failing that, keep the family insults up, I'm just stating that I won't do the same.

BTW, (game related) I still think the map you created was the greatest abomination to hit online gaming since WWIIOL's release. There, go crazy with that quote.

if I'm going to be blamed for incivility in this thread...I might as well give you good reason.

Let's get the facts straight, first, I never said anything about your family and in fact no one else here did either. What was said was about you, not your family so stop hiding behind that.

Second, you've already made several provactive posts regarding our 'pizza' map. I for one don't care what you think about it or the AK's. I just found it amusing that you quickly retreated behind civility after making such an bellybutton out of yourself. You don't like me and vice versa, no need to hide behind your family.

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
AK's...
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2002, 07:26:08 PM »
You dislike me because I don't say pretty things about your map? Get real, and learn to deal with the obvious criticism this monstrosity was bound to create. I don't dislike you, or the AK's. In fact I enjoy fighting against you guys. Would rather you all stay the hell away from Photoshop though (except for Nuttz, his works quite good). If you're going to dislike everyone who disagrees with you, you're in for an ulcer any time now.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2002, 09:05:50 PM »
Thanx for the compliment.

BTW I'm an AK, thats why I responded with "you may have shot yourself in the foot" remark about not wanting the Ak's to do maps.

The original poster asked a question and also asked it didn't turn into a flame fest ( which you ignored )

If you hate the map so much, why not constructively add to a discussion about building a new one? Or did you completely pass over that post???

Oh and I don't use Photoshop, never did, never will.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by TheManx
You dislike me because I don't say pretty things about your map? Get real, and learn to deal with the obvious criticism this monstrosity was bound to create. I don't dislike you, or the AK's. In fact I enjoy fighting against you guys. Would rather you all stay the hell away from Photoshop though (except for Nuttz, his works quite good). If you're going to dislike everyone who disagrees with you, you're in for an ulcer any time now.