Author Topic: AK's...  (Read 946 times)

Offline cajun

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2002, 10:36:10 PM »
AK's map is pretty good,

But its just a little too big for the current number of players imo,
I love strategic part of aces high, organizing & flying missions, bombing, etc. but I can't see any of the feilds, or determine what needs capturing or any of that, and finding people is a kinda hard,
Terrain is ok, though I prefer Geographic maps, and tiles need a little upgrading (there should be some forests, even in the desert I think).

But the Over All map is OK, the thing I didn't like was thats ALL that they were rotating, even the best maps bet boring when played too much!

The Kind of map I'd like to see:

1: Inbetween the size of normal maps & the Pizza map would be perfect IMO, think about it, You could still make out feilds easily, the ppl who like furballs can still furball, the people who like strategic bombing can still have room to avoid furballs, and in slow hours it will still be playable for people who may live in other countries!

2: Geographic maps, I LOVE playing on geographic maps, much nicer then made up terrains to me, and if its a made up terrain, I like it somewhat randomized, not perfectly even on all sides, makes base capture much more interesting.

Thats bout it, also I would REALLY like to see a World Map!, you could make that the size of the Pizza map, BUT the only problem is going to be textures, dont think you could fit all the textures you need for a world map in the few that are in the Editor, Or can you more add textures than just the "Grass", "Water", "Farm" etc?

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
AK's...
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2002, 10:44:20 PM »
I probably shouldn't have said that little word that stirred up all this controversy. But I meant it, and this is a forum...so there it is. This topic has gone on long enough though, and I just wanna play on the old maps before they get rotated out. So I'll let it rest. Just one last question...what graphics program do you use?

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
AK's...
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2002, 11:00:07 PM »
Your incorrect AKIron.
"Must be a real nice family if a game map was the reason you needed to spend more time with them. Or maybe you are just that kind of Father?

Go ahead and flame me for the comment, but you said it, not me
Think about it.
Just saying
X2Lee"

Lee is just defining how he wants to play with others. Nothing was said to warrent this..Several others congradulated lee for his attack on another players family. If thats the behavior you want to endorse to defend your map...your buisness i suppose.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2002, 11:02:21 PM »
Corel

NUTTZ

Originally posted by TheManx
I probably shouldn't have said that little word that stirred up all this controversy. But I meant it, and this is a forum...so there it is. This topic has gone on long enough though, and I just wanna play on the old maps before they get rotated out. So I'll let it rest. Just one last question...what graphics program do you use?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
AK's...
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2002, 11:18:04 PM »

Need Tampons?

-SW

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
AK's...
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2002, 11:33:57 PM »
Pizza map is my favorite map. I like the terrain, textures look good and , most important, it has a full range of fun things to do.

I liked getting into the GV game.... those outer GV bases have some great battles, especially when air support arrived. I like to attack from a nearby carrier by air.

I dont like the "Pizza" shape of the map because it's so unnatural, but actually it's layed out funtionally very well.

Going online and seeing that boring bellybutton island map really was a bummer. Only furballing basically. Get's old jumping into a furbal when you know the instant you are in it, you have about 25 seconds before the next wave of higher fighters are arriving.

The pizza just a lot more fun for me.

Manx, you might not hate it so much if you didnt have that FR problem. It took me about 12 hours playing it to begin to realize how much better it is than the other maps. I originally did not like it. I hope you get that FR issue solved Manx, maybe next time that pizza arrrives ( pun intended) you could begin to have some fun with it.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2002, 12:00:47 AM »
Originally posted by TheManx
You dislike me because I don't say pretty things about your map? Get real, and learn to deal with the obvious criticism this monstrosity was bound to create. I don't dislike you, or the AK's. In fact I enjoy fighting against you guys. Would rather you all stay the hell away from Photoshop though (except for Nuttz, his works quite good). If you're going to dislike everyone who disagrees with you, you're in for an ulcer any time now.

I just don't like you cause you showed your bellybutton and then whined like a little girl when someone called you on it. Not liking someone, especially you, isn't going to give me an ulcer. You, like some of the other loud mouths have been full of venom but I've yet to see what you've contributed to this community other than your measly $15/month which I couldn't care less about.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2002, 12:17:35 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Your incorrect AKIron.
"Must be a real nice family if a game map was the reason you needed to spend more time with them. Or maybe you are just that kind of Father?

Go ahead and flame me for the comment, but you said it, not me
Think about it.
Just saying
X2Lee"

Lee is just defining how he wants to play with others. Nothing was said to warrent this..Several others congradulated lee for his attack on another players family. If thats the behavior you want to endorse to defend your map...your buisness i suppose.

Pongo, you're incorrect in assuming that I care if anyone defends the map. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if HTC pulled it from rotation and never put it back. In fact, I'd welcome it simply because I could then read this board without having to sift through so many idiotic attacks.

Having reread X2Lee's post as you've quoted I see I first intrepted it as a slam on manx's parenting and not on his family. After rereading I see that you could intrpret otherwise but I think if you do you are really missing his point.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2002, 01:02:45 AM »
If thats the behavior you want to endorse to defend your map...your buisness i suppose.

Oh Pongo.  I think you're going a little over the top.

Iron never insulted his family nor congratulated the person who did.  

Manx has gone out of his way to be as abusive and insulting as possible concerning the terrain.  He feels completely unbound by any limit of coutesy.  Then someone else treats him the same way and he is suddenly shocked and flabergasted.

I don't condone either behavior, but I (and Iron) can't help but recognize the irony.

If Manx wishes others to observe a basic level of courtesy towards him then he should consider carefully whether he is exercising a basic level of courtesy towards others.  If he takes a childish glee out of being as insulting as he can toward others, then don't expect me to care when he feels someone has crossed a line with him.  Its not what I care to engage in personally, but I won't cry a river over it.  What you said was exactly true.  What goes around eventually comes around.

Iron's only real mistake is in even acknowledging his existence.  He doesn't rate that.  All I see when I look at his posts is "This person is on your ignore list..."  And thats where he belongs.  He is a non-entity.

Looking forward to the Con.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
AK's...
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2002, 01:19:37 AM »
I see you AK's are still creating friends whereever you go hehe :)

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
AK's...
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2002, 01:23:24 AM »
I could honestly care less if AKiron acknowledges me or not. I'd never heard of the guy until this map mess came up. You're getting worked up AKiron...I'm not going to change my views on this at all just because you get into a hissy fit. I do appreciate that X2lee saw what he said could be construed as being rude, and I've got no problems with that. Next time I see him online, I'll have nothing bad to say about it. You're just taking the ball from someone who already said his intent wasn't on the up and up and running with it. You've got some serious issues to work out. My only issue was worked out when the old maps were put back. Keep defending a guy who's already apologized all you like, but it just makes you look more like an idiot than you already do.

You should probably take a look at that first statement again and see if you aren't blowing things out of proportion a bit :) By the looks of 90% of the threads out there...there are many opinions much worse than what I've said. Still wouldn't say I dislike you though...I wouldn't spend any time trying to justify why I would to someone like yourself. Keep up the hate though...it's fun watching you vent.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2002, 01:27:00 AM »
Hehe.  The world is full of Turds and Tards Spooky. ;)
You're going to run into them no matter where you go.

This bbs has an excellent feature to flush them away never to be read again.  

I wish the game had a perma-squelch list as well.

Regards,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
AK's...
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2002, 01:27:29 AM »
My point about being offended is in regards that neglect of children is not funny at all, and something I'd never do. Any good parent would react the same way if the insult was thrown at him.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
AK's...
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2002, 04:33:22 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Your incorrect AKIron.

Ok In case you missed the post where I apologized for sayin "his family must be nice" I did. I meant it too because I felt I was wrong after re reading my post. I didnt take back what I said about him, I did and still do, hold him in regard as a rude, butt iner
The first post in this thread was a curious post as to how the makers (of my favorite MA map) felt about "their" creation.
it was stated "this is not an invitation to flame so please dont"
By the poster. So Mr. Manx jumps right in and says,   :rolleyes:
Well you know what he says. Then later he says the map gives him a reason to spend time with his family.  :D
Where I previously saw someone the above mentioned rude buttinner now I saw Al Bundy as well...
I saw him say I took back what I considered as uncalled for and I did. But I stick to my statement except for the poor wording about his family(which I did not mean) And as far as how I want to play? I can play dirty or nice, I have experience in both.
Anyway, thats what warranted this "imo" Pongo

X2lee
  :eek:

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
AK's...
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2002, 07:49:39 AM »
Originally posted by AKWabbit

Iron's only real mistake is in even acknowledging his existence.  He doesn't rate that.  All I see when I look at his posts is "This person is on your ignore list..."  And thats where he belongs.  He is a non-entity.

Looking forward to the Con.

Regards,
Wab

You're right Wabb, I'll do better at ignoring the idiots beginning now.

Same here on the con, less than 2 weeks. :)