Author Topic: This Is Rediculous  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2002, 12:44:42 PM »
Oh Booooyyy!!!!

What a great way to start the day...
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2002, 12:53:58 PM »
Originally posted by Pand
DSL Line Speed 1507320 bps

I'm not sure who your DSL is or maybe I'm just confused where my commas go -

1,507,320 bps === does it convert to 1500kbps ? who knows, I could be wrong.

...I pulled this info from my DSL modem's live diagnostic page.

Just thought you'd like to know Roscoroo. Maybe consider switching to DirecTV DSL... great service, great price, static IP, and runs like a champ.  

Originally posted by aac
There is your problem, you are using DirectTV causing lag, I bet you have lost packets too.  I have a friend that tried DirectTV playing games and he had to go back to using telephone line connection as the connection for gaming.

Brilliant!  All along I thought I had a satellite dish when all I have is this stinkin' DSL!  No wonder there are so many wires sticking out!  

That's all I have to say about that.

Justin

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Watta buncha . . . .
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2002, 01:40:53 PM »
maroons.  So Pand CARES ENOUGH to go ballistic over his CTD problems.  If someone can convince me that beating on him about it is going to improve things for ANYONE I'll happily join the gang-bang. Unlike Pand, I had just started using a new computer and stick set-up when the CTD bug hit.  It took 2 replacement computers and 2 replacement joysticks and all the associated downloads of new drivers, etc., before I realized the problems were not mine. At least not all of them.  Email assistance by HTC has eliminated much of it, but I still get CTD every 20 or 30 minutes. In other words, just as I reach immersion it goes away. This, combined with other snafus like the Axis P-38s in the CT last night have brought me very close to closing my account. Knowing that they're working hard to fix it is all that keeps me from doing so.

For the record, the common factor on the 3 machines I've had CTD problems with is XP Home.

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2002, 02:01:56 PM »
Mildly humorus.  Dr. Seuss on CTD's...
     If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, and the bus is interrupted at a very last resort, and the access of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, then the socket packet pocket has an error to report.
     If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, and the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash, and your data is corrupted cause the index doesn't hash, then your situation's hopeless and your system's gonna crash!!
     If the label on the cable on the table at your house says the network is connected to the button on your mouse, but your packets want to tunnel to another protocol, that's repeatedly rejected by the printer down the hall, and your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss, so your icons in the window are as wavy as a souse; then you may as well reboot and go out with a bang, 'cuz sure  as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang!
     When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy in the disk, and the macro code instructions cause unnecessary risk, then you'll have to flash the memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM.  Quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your Mom!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2002, 02:18:16 PM »
ROTLFLMAO!!!

Damn, Greese...

You're either a poetic genius, or you have WAY TOO much time on your hands!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2002, 02:22:07 PM »
And the nitwit still hasnt really told us a thing about his operating system and hardware/software assoc with it .

As for Web tv  your in a dying branch of internet type service . I guess you havent done any "real research " on it as of late.
And who's to say that you dont have a bad connect along the way  to htc's server . Have your tested it ??? Do you really under stand how the internet and pc's work ??? Did you know the 85% of internet speed tests are faulty ???

Im beginning to lose paitence here ...
Jumping on HTC and screaming your problems are theirs without giving anything to work with is just childish .

There are plenty of people here that can help you solve your problem /s  if you give them the proper curticy .

I dare you to ping plot your connection during primetime in your area ...  heres the I.P. of htc's main arena  216.234.247.240

And heres a sample of what a ping plot graph looks like .(you have to open ms paint and copy  by clicing on edit /copy as image then paste it to ms paint or sim program .

Now stop trying to make everyone mad and get with the program . your gonna make the HTC Gods/Goddess mad at ya sooner or later ,and they will not even try to give ya any tech support ,along with looking like a fool here in this community !
« Last Edit: August 20, 2002, 02:24:38 PM by Roscoroo »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Jeez...
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2002, 02:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo

And who's to say that you dont have a bad connect along the way  to htc's server . Have your tested it ??? Do you really under stand how the internet and pc's work ??? Did you know the 85% of internet speed tests are faulty ???

All this coming from the guy who thinks my DSL is a T1 =)
I wish!

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2002, 03:58:03 PM »
Now try ping testing the second you get a disco .
You still havent finished doing what has been asked of you Pand .
 and im getting tired of dragging each troubleshooting item out of you cause you wont listen ...   and yes a 1500+ kbps DSL connect is T-1 grade Or a duel connect (4 wire vs 2 wire) ....  in cable its a different story  but cable shares bandwith  and so does web tv ...

Go back a reread what has been asked of you to supply for info .
no wait ill repost it for ya ...

"also post your operating system 98, me, xp, ect ... what drivers your using and version of Direct X , also if your on a linksy router , and what type of firewall your running, ect ... Do you understand yet ???? Heck you could have a virous or worm on ur machine also ... have you checked your resources and scanned for bugs ??? "  Along with how long have you been on your isp connect ? (as in do they roll your ip addy and you dont know it)
Have you ever unplugged your modem and let it reset ?
Do you have problems with downloads ?

The problem is in your combination on your pc here, AH may have a problem with working correctly on that combo . Thats what were trying to determine here .

continuing with toss back remarks is not the way to get your problem troubleshot. I may just go off and Enjoy the main arena Disco-less of course ,give up on your whine , and let the wolves have at ya .
 Have I won the paientence award of the day yet ???
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Re: Re: This Is Rediculous
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2002, 04:08:04 PM »
Originally posted by SUPERFLY
We're not all just sitting around laughing at the torment some players are going through.
Seems to me you all are missing out on some hilarous entertainment.

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2002, 04:09:37 PM »
I didn't write the Dr. Seuss thing.  It was e-mailed to me today, and I normally would have just trashed it, but thought it might be handy at some point in the future.  

If you think it's good, I'll take credit for it though...

Offline jonnyb

• Nickel Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2002, 04:43:04 PM »
Throughout all of this, there seems to be something that has been overlooked.  Pand's hardware has not changed.  His ISP has not changed.  Nothing on his end has changed.  However, HTC has made changes to their software.

Therein lies the problem, and is the source for Pand's discouragement.  Roscoroo, you have shown exceptional patience while dealing with Pand.  Especially in the face of the comments from some of the other members of the board.

Being a software developer I can attest to how seemingly inert code will suddenly introduce a bug into an otherwise stable system.  Given a certain set of circumstances a bug may be produced that could not have been forseen by the development team.  I have spent MANY long nights at the office trying to sort out client bugs that simply should never have appeared in the first place.  I have asked myself, "How could this code be causing the issue at hand?"

Pand's question, "What's going on here?" is a valid one.  Why does a system that worked flawlessly suddenly consistently fail, especially since he has not made any changes?  The post which started this thread was obviously laced with negative emotion.  There is considerable frustration evidenced.  The feedback gotten, such as, "Your keyboard is malfunctioning" et al, only served to throw fuel onto an already burning fire.  Hence the responses back.

Let's all take a deep breath and approach this from a more rational standpoint.  The first order of business would be to send as much information as possible to the team at HTC.  This would include any and all hardware and software versions, time(s) of the incidents as accurately as possible, etc.  We, as subscribers, can offer up many opinions as possible.  However, the only answers can come from those who are privvy to the source code.  They are the only ones that can attempt to recreate the environment and duplicate the bug.

So, in effect, no matter how many snide comments are made, no one on these boards except for members of the team at HTC can in any way, shape, or form definitively answer Pand's query.  Let's all turn off the whine-o-meter and let Pand work it out with HTC.  If we're all lucky, a bug *will* be found and resolved, making the gameplay better for all of us.

Offline grizz

• Copper Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2002, 05:33:49 PM »
LOL Greese !  :D  Thanks for the laugh. :)

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
Problem Solved- -- I think
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2002, 05:33:57 PM »
Well said Johnnyb.

After 4 patches of implementing this routine, I think I finally may have determined the problem we all have.

I just ran an 8 kill hop, with no CTD, so this *MAY* have fixed it.

It turns out, and I was reluctant to say this at the beginning...
I just completely Reformatted my machine (not just reinstall aces), and I haven't had a CTD yet.  

The trend that I am noticing, however, is every time there is a new patch released, I have gotten a few CTDs, but never to this extent with the latest patch.  This is the 4th time that I have been able to remove the CTDs by reformatting... It seems a bit rediculous that after every patch I need to reinstall my entire machine??  

What do you guys think... and if you're have the CTD problem, try Reformatting and starting over again --- you'll be suprised, it might actually work :p

Justin

btw: I've never had a consistant "disco" problem.

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
This Is Rediculous
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2002, 05:46:42 PM »
You have a very valid points here Johnny , But are we shure that Pand hasnt installed something else on his machine /or caught something? or is he in the common demnomiter  problem with everyone else thats getting the disco's/ ctds/ screen freezes ???

As for a new program thats been installed with shared components may have upset this also .
I know that it could be a thousand and one things causing this .for right now though my ctds, freezes, ect have gone away compleatly. so the games code is if thats the problem is messing with/in  a different combo that what im running on my 2 pc's

Pand Needs to post his specs along with all aspects  of his pc in the other thread so HTC can review this and duplicate the problem to find it .
Roscoroo ,

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
I'm sure
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2002, 06:54:51 PM »
If you still want me to post my stuff I will, however,
This is my aces high machine... no new software or anything runs on it except the bare essentials.  Nothing has been installed nor did anything change.

Justin

Regards,

Pandemonium