Author Topic: Inside the Mind of the Antigun Male: Psycho-Sexual Insecurities  (Read 947 times)

Offline H. Godwineson

• Nickel Member
Inside the Mind of the Antigun Male: Psycho-Sexual Insecurities
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2002, 08:05:47 AM »
In reference to the chart posted by Beetle one must also remember that homicide statistics published by the FBI show ALL homicides, even those committed by the police and homeowners defending themselves against attackers.

In spite of that, the chart shows that homicides in the U.S. DROPPED 28% between 1995 and 1999, or more than 6,000 deaths.

Regards, Shuckins

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2002, 08:52:30 AM »
I might also add that the vast majority of those "murders" are murderers murdering other murderers..   They are a good thing.

I have used a firearm several times in the past to stop criminal action against me or others and have used them to kill dangerous dogs.   You will have a difficult time convincing me that I did, and do, not need a firearm..

The point remains... firearms are part of our heritage and our constitution.   They prevent more violence than they cause and they are of very little risk in anyone but a career criminals hands.  To disarm the very people who prevent crime, defend themselves, help keep criminals in check, and have a constitutional right to own firearms is ludicrous and badly thought out.  

The U.S. can be a very dangerous place with it's melting pot society and economic layers..  I wouldn't have it any other way tho.   I like the diversity and freedom.   Apparently a lot of other folks do also but.... I am a pragmatic.   I see the need to be armed.  As has been said here earlier... when facing desperate men I would rather be armed with a firearm than a cell phone or pepper spray.   It just makes the situation either go away or... come out in my favor.   When I am 70 I don't want tobe afraid to leave my home for a walk at night.
lazs

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2002, 09:30:29 AM »
sandman
that article i posted was from the UK, why did you edit out all references to the UK in your quote?
did you want to make it sound like it was from the USA?

44MAG

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Has the NRA lost credibility?
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2002, 11:20:06 AM »
Most of my friends are not gun people and the mention of NRA brings smiles to their faces. They think it is a huge Joke. Nothing more then a front for rednecks and idiots.

I do not agree, though I think they stand to firm on things like background checks.

Is it just cause I am in California? LoL we all know how it is here :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2002, 01:02:02 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
sandman
that article i posted was from the UK, why did you edit out all references to the UK in your quote?
did you want to make it sound like it was from the USA?

44MAG

To be honest, I thought it was about the U.S. I've read stories like this before. Got about midway through and I'd pretty much heard enough. I quoted what I read.

IMO, opinion polls are generally worthless.
sand