Author Topic: Religious T-shirts  (Read 4231 times)

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2002, 06:56:57 AM »
I agree with MrFish . If you are a good person but you reject jesus, according to the bible, the god is going to condemn you to hell . That makes the christian god evil in my book, not to mention a hypocrit . The promise of rewards in the afterlife is the ultimate scam, no testimonials from unsatisfied costumers . And it's been around since the beginning of history. It's like the old carnival trick, pay a dollar to see the wonders on the other side of the door, which is actually just an exit .

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2002, 07:21:36 AM »
more tidbits for the confused on both sides of this coin.....

THIS IS HELL - for the majority of us. some in it worse than others

everything is relative - Enlightenment/Nirvana/Heaven is so far off the jpy/peace/happiness scale as to be unimaginable - a finite mind cannot grasp the infinite

many paths/disciplines for one to choose but the Goal is the same - find one which suits you now and start, don't be so stiff/closed mind not to change if you grow/find a better one later

"Heaven" or "Hell" ain't a place - karma/suffering - tools to shake & wake you up

look at the scripts from that point of view

we are all connected - what you do/think affects me & vise-versa - as we are all One - brothers in the end (scary huh :))

be good now & you won't have to worry about later

not to you but to that spark in each of us which is us which most of us ignore - some call it a Soul

OM
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2002, 07:36:07 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
more tidbits for the confused on both sides of this coin.....

THIS IS HELL - for the majority of us. some in it worse than others

The first noble truth of buddha .

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2002, 09:55:54 AM »
Originally posted by mrfish
just curious - do your eyes roll back in your head when you say all that wafty stuff? do you kinda close your eyes and nod out for a sec?

:p

Well...not quite sure what you meant by that but here is my final word.

God is more than just a belief for me....I have witnessed in my life his love, his grace and his power. I try and share that good news whenever I can.

He loves all of us, not one more than another, but the same. Believer or non-believer, there is no destinction.

There is no free lunch....a price has been paid by God himself for our very souls. We all have a choice.

Now if you are right, then it's a free ride for you and I'm just a fool. I fear the Lord and believe in my heart as well as my mind that he died for for all of us and that he will return to judge this world and to establish his government on this earth. Do I fully understand or know what that will be like...absolutely not, I just believe. I also believe that he loves us and wishes that no one would perish. He is waiting.

Is christianity as the world presents it the truth....on the contrary, it is an embarrassment at best. The very people that Jesus despised the most, were the most religious of that time.

Where does that leave us?

Perhaps some of you are too focused on the penalty rather than the Lords promise....He came not to condemn, but to give us all life and life abundant.

I just want to say to you guys that if life is not what you thought it would be, or problems seem too difficult to solve or no matter what you gain, you remain empty, all that is required by God is to give up. Crazy isn't it? My mom(business executive) raised me to go take what I wanted...she would say,"no one is going to give it to ya boy!"

Did that for the majority of my life and was successful and empty. The world offers nothing wothwhile...and what seems worthwhile at the time, has no permanence.

Am I a saint, void of trouble or problems? No. As a matter of fact, what Gods Word speaks of has happened and continues to happen. Life is harder for me now than it was before I trusted God. I am persecuted for my beliefs, made fun of and am mocked.
The difference is this...I have been given Gods peace which passes understanding....I have the holy spirit within me to guide and help me. It is the gift of God.

Do I get mad and act like a fool....do I treat those around me as God has commanded, loving them, even my enemies? Not all of the time.

But God has sent his Son who stands in my place, bearing witness to the Father in my stead.

A man cannot serve two masters....be it yourself, Buda, money, power or God.

It has been my choice to believe God for all things and it was a personal choice.

Sadly, there is nothing I or anyone else can say to make you see. That step is up to each individual. It is my sincere hope, that you just might step out in faith and believe and trust God in you own lives....you probably have stepped out to the bar or the bedroom or the career, is God no better?

As Jesus said, "those with ears let them hear."

Cyas Up!:)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2002, 10:01:52 AM »
well - then that means the christian doctrine is:

you can't lead a righteous life unless you accept jesus christ and his rules.

any christian care to deny that? if not then doesn't that mean that you believe my life is un-righteous?

and really "i don't want to judge you" as an answer to the above is a cop out

sounds like the case is closed to me :)

Your life is precious and valuable...God sent his Son to die for you so you might have life. Please try and understand that....it's not about us, it's about God first.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2002, 10:43:22 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Rude...I agree with this statement entirely and the problem is that "men" have really screwed up my belief (and others who have posted here) in organised religion...of any sort.

The sheer volume of blood spilled in the name of God is man's doing.

The abuse of children at the hands of priests...again..man's doing.

The legacy of The Vatican and its monetary and political power world-wide...men built it...ran it...and continue to eek money out of the poor in society to maintain it.

I could go on and on...

I say this because the only way I am ever going to see the light is through my own eyes...not the eyes of someone who holds him/herself out to be God's representative on earth.  Those people have done more to push me away from religion than my inability to prove or disprove the existance of God ever has.

I respect you for your belief in God..and frankly I am a bit jealous.  

Curval

Guess what...it's free:)

Before I was born again, I still believed there was a God, I was just too busy living for me, all the time. I was first.

My best friend was getting married to this girl and he invited me to go to church with him on a wednesday night....no big deal to me, I had been to church many times and he was my best friend, so I said ok.

I went with him and his future wifey, pretty much as a favor to him, for about 4 weeks.

Now what is hard to explain is that everytime I went, I would start to cry. I didn't know why....I had alot of money....good friends...fancy car and big house....was healthy...all of the things that the world says are good and worthy of our time.

The deep pain I felt and a longing, which I frankly can't explain, remained with me for some time. It would not go away. On top of that, strangers would start talking to me as if they had known me for years and were offering help and prayer for me(not at the church, but at work, play, all over the place).

One night at that little church, I felt an urging to act...I had to make a choice. I went up to the front uninvited and by myself, and gave my life to God. I just told him I was tired of doing it all by myself, and that I needed him...that I realized I had sinned...I asked for forgiveness and accept Jesus Christ as my saviour. At that moment, I was filled with a peace, that I cannot explain. My life has never been the same since.

My advice is to simpy get a Bible and begin reading the New Testament....humble yourself and God will do the rest. Like a friend of mine once said, the words in this book have power....the power to change who you are.

Cyas next year at the con Curval!

:)

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2002, 12:53:33 PM »
Change who I am? I've tried that...I've been to church before, and it did nothing for me. I never learned anything...and I never gained anything. I won't give my life to a God that I don't know exists. He never answered my prayers...never assisted me spiritually. He wants to piss on me...I'll ignore it and move on.

Yeah...I laugh at Christians, funked, but they're laughing at me...so I feel it's my right to return the favor.

What comes around goes around...I know I'm going to die a horrible death...but I'm ready for it. ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2002, 02:48:12 PM »
Yeah...I laugh at Christians, funked, but they're laughing at me...so I feel it's my right to return the favor.

To state the obvious, if they are laughing at you they are not being Christian.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2002, 02:55:31 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
the divine is in you

each and every one of you, waiting for you to tire of "life" and go in search of it

its not in the bible or other books, it is in you

stop the noise of your mind and senses long enough and any of you can find it

until then, its all just words and more noise

"If God dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope He likes enchiladas, because that's what He's getting!"

SOB
:D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2002, 04:44:35 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Now for a twist, Sand- which side of the religious debate does your analogy refer to? Both? ;)

I guess that depends on whether I'm selling the ice cream or giving it away. :)
sand

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2002, 07:09:02 PM »
Originally posted by Samm
It's like the old carnival trick, pay a dollar to see the wonders on the other side of the door, which is actually just an exit .

hehe wow! - that's a great image.

and ps - boddhisatva eagler there, i thought you were a christian what's up with all this west coast tofu soundin' sh++ outta you?

;)

Offline ElLobo

• Zinc Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2002, 03:27:11 AM »
I whom am the beauty of the green earth,and the white moon among the stars, and the mystery of the waters, and the desire of the heart of man, call unto thy soul. arise and come unto me. For I am the soul of nature, who gives life to the universe. From me all things proceed, and to me all things must return; Let my worship be within the heart that rejoiceth; for behold all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals. And therefore let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverance within you. And thou who thinkest to seek for me, know thy seeking and yearning shall avail you not unless thou knowest the mystery; that if that which thou seekest thou find not within thee, thy will never find it without. for behold I have been with you from the beggining; and I am that which is attained at the end of desire.

Excerpt from the Charge of the Goddess...a much loved Neo-pagan, Wiccan work.

My T shirt says
Born again Pagan

ElLobo /|\

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2002, 05:21:52 AM »
The Gods exist alright, and anyone with a bit of patience and some luck can meet them several times a day if they like (although they won't want to, once a month seems about right).

Meetings are incredibly confusing, and not really confined to our common dimension of breadth, depth and height. This leads to intense disorientation and sometimes panic, although most of the time they are good hosts and make efforts to calm you down.

Meetings in antechambers with emissaries are much more leisurely and intelligible, and you are sometimes shown small object of intense beaty and detail, these are your individual joys, hopes given form. Fragile but highly energetic, utterly captivating continually unfolding into themselves.

The nature of God, and the infinite is borne of our ability to self percieve. A mental hall of mirrors spiralling off into infinity.

Infinty, Recursion, Paradox and Self-Reference are all methods of trying to delineate and define a large slippery thing that no-one can grasp. These things are symptoms or by products of some really all encompassing process or fundamental constant.
 It's like a star you can't see without *not* looking at it (the really faint ones). Whatever it is, it is somehow involved in God, Conciousness, Life, Language and Culture

Religion is what the particpants make it. But religion is a human activity. Religious people simultaneously Mass Murder and Self Sacrifice, you can't go  blaming their gods for that.

Inspiration: Godel Escher Bach: Douglas Hofstadter  /  The User Illusion: Tor Norretanders  /  The Origins of Conciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind: Julian Jaynes

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2002, 07:01:28 AM »

It's like the old carnival trick, pay a dollar to see the wonders on the other side of the door, which is actually just an exit

hehe wow! - that's a great image.

Or the other side of the door is just another room, decorated by you for you through your behavior in the previous room

and ps - boddhisatva eagler there, i thought you were a christian what's up with all this west coast tofu soundin' sh++ outta you? ;)

I'm a buddhist, hindu, catholic christian -
I don't believe any one path has an exclusive on Truth

Namaste
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline ElLobo

• Zinc Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2002, 01:52:30 PM »
"Namaste" recognizing the devinity within each of us.. Thou art god..I am god..all that groks is god. There is and never has been any seperaton from god, he, she is within us. This is the magical plane, all is sacred. No original sin! Never kicked from the garden! We're still in it if we just look around. Yahweh is an old arabian volcano god that just doesn't fit in my belief system. The bible is for the most part a practical book of rules and beliefs of the ancient Hebrew tribe. Some good things, some bad, read it. Then read all the other holy texts from all over the world. They are all similar, telling similar myths in different ways.

Namaste
ElLobo/|\