Author Topic: Warbirds Sitrep for this week...New stuff...  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Warbirds Sitrep for this week...New stuff...
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2000, 11:39:00 AM »
--mg--

What good news, as you know i fly both AH & WB.. im --wd-- & easyoz in WB. Yes i still hold 2 accounts there and i have flown with you for years as a gold.

But what new, as a Demo of WBIII was shown at Con99,as you well know. So your saying you will see a demo of WWIII at con2000..

Do you also think you will see a demo of WBIII at Con2001?

In the year since WBIII was shown at Con99 they have managed to get 7 AC modeled, at this rate it will take 6 years to model all the AC in the plane set.

Now,i fly both AH & WB with equal enthusiasm. I dont bash one over the other as there is no need,they are both good sims with a lot to offer.

You guys who are bashing sims forget one thing, They are all created for us to have fun.. Yes,us,we the people.

I read AWG,iEN BB and AH BB, i am very sick of seeing all the sim bashing.I  wish these guys would just shut up and fly.

I try to post when it is relevant, I dont make useless posts here or on any other board,there seems to be a good number of people that really need to grow up!

Dog out....

+vadr+

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
<gingerly steps into the room>

Ummm... I agree with everyone who says that people who fly AH and people who fly WB do not have to be at each other's throats all the time. I plan to be flying both for the foreseeable future.

I also agree with those who have issues with HS and iEN management in general. Some real problems there...

Hedu made this post because someone posted Pyro's latest report over on AGW. I don't see anything wrong with that, just like I don't see anything wrong with this post.

The warp roll problem in Warbirds has gotten a LOT better since they did away with EZ Mode in the Main Arena.

HS got his knuckles rapped because he spouted off about something that was not within his responsibility (Swastikas on airplanes) and was critical of corporate policy on the issue. Squelching that was one of the few intelligent things I've ever seen Littman do. personally, I would've fired him (HS) on the spot.

Just thought I'd clear a few things up.

------------------
Vadr
III/JG 2 'Richthofen'

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2000, 12:33:00 PM »

Seems like you MUST have missed a couple, Kats. MOst of us DO know what WBIII will be. Sorry you have to be so
                         sanctamounious about the whole thing.

Hedu, don't take this personal. I don't see that I am being sanctimonious about it. I am only stating what I believe to be the truth.I constantly back IEN up on issues that I believe they are being unfairly treated about (see MAC artical thread) - it is not my mission to bash them, that is not my style.

In regards to this, if you want to be helpfull, why not post the answers to the questions I have asked - I would sincerely be interested.

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2000, 06:50:00 PM »
Thanks Vadr, for clearing up alot of this.  I went through big arguement with some of the AH guys along time ago, and then I decided the hate and the venom isn't worth it.  I was quickly accepted by many of the AH pilots I was argueing with, and we both realize we both have lots of common ground.  Citibria posted the AH update at Argo's Warbirds board, so I though, heck, why not post our Sitrep over here.  No flames, no rants, just letting people know what there is going on.  Well, I didn't get as much acceptance as what I thought i was gonna get, some dialogue, some good natured kidding like before, and smile on the way out the door.

Katz, it seemed tome that you jumped on WB kinda hard, and I took quick offense.  I should have had a cooler head, that is my fault, I apoligize for any misunderstanding.

WBIII, like most of the WB community is aware of, is mostly a major graphics upgrade.  Strategy is something that is still getting kicked around by the community, with some of the best damn ideas I have ever seen.  Due date is pending, always "2 weeks" .

New planes, not yet, but we already have 40+.  I think we may get the Italian planes next, I am hoping for earlier BoB German bombers.  But again, they won't do it unless they think  they can model it correctly.  We did just get anothe version of the Wildcat, which helps with the scenarios.

I am finding alot of people don't want the flat rate.  they like the "by the hour thing", like it has been stated,"Do I wanna fly or do I wanna read a book" type pricing tends to work well for some if not most.  @ buck is still kinda high, but I can choose to fly or not and not have to pay for it anyway.

There will be more to come soon, closer to the Con date.  I hope your guy's con goes well too.

------------------
John "HEDU" Babarovich,JG26, Warbirds
Dedicated Bf109 driver

Hans

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2000, 07:14:00 PM »
Aces High IS WBIII.

Who made Warbirds?  HT, Pyro and crew.

Hans.

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2000, 07:46:00 PM »
Wrong, Hans.  The community made Warbirds.  Just like the Aces High community makes AH what it is.  Read Mr. Trotter's column in PC Gamer. m You'll see what I mean.

------------------
Dedicated Bf109 driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2000, 08:56:00 PM »
Hey, my apoligies to Spitboy for mixing him up with Macboy.  Got the names screwed up, sorry about that.  Spitboy is better than what Macboy does, even tho he flies Spitfires.

------------------
Dedicated Bf109 driver

Macboy

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2000, 06:19:00 AM »
better at what does, what? flying spitfires? what? Spitboy is better than what I does? wait, what? I fly spitfires? better than Spitfire? huh?

teehee

Spitfire

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2000, 06:31:00 AM »
I resemble that remark! >

Please lets keep the namedropping to a minimum please.

Spitfire (the real one)

(don't touch that dial)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2000, 07:46:00 AM »

Wrong, Hans. The community made Warbirds. Just like the Aces High community makes AH what it is. Read Mr. Trotter's column in PC Gamer. m You'll see what I mean.

Would one of the comminity please let me know when 1.03 will be complete, it's obviouse pyro and I have just been fooling ourselvs, since we havn't made anyting.

------------------
HiTech
For Bribes

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2000, 08:30:00 AM »
From HEDU:

New planes, not yet, but we already have 40+. I think we may get the Italian planes next

LOL, they have had a good chance to model the C.205V and they threw it away ... AFAIK =LEM='s outstanding 3D work is lost, just after that idiotic barfight between HS and ICEMAN. Will they ever learn?
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2000, 01:36:00 PM »
Yes, HT, as a *member of the community*, I say 1.03 will be completed this coming week.

Or is that wishful thinking?

(kidding)  

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2000, 01:47:00 PM »
As a member of the *AH community* I vote my proxie comments to HiTech Creations! I resigned my WB account and "Frankly Scarlet, I don't damn!".

Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
Hblair,

I definitely agree. They community say: 1.03 will roll out before next friday. We will work around the clock.

The Community ---> out  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline RangerBob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
I must say I too was a bit disturbed when I noticed this thread post about Warbirds with the implication that the Community made Warbirds and Aces High.

.quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong, Hans. The community made Warbirds. Just like the Aces High community makes AH what it is. Read Mr. Trotter's column in PC Gamer. m You'll see what I mean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would one of the comminity please let me know when 1.03 will be complete, it's obviouse pyro and I have just been fooling ourselvs, since we havn't made anyting.

------------------
HiTech

I don't know about the rest of the community, but I'm constantly amazed at the product being produced by Hitech, Pyro, and the Aces High crew.

If they were producing a substandard product I wouldn't be a part of this community.

Oh and as far as Warbirds goes I don't care how good it is at the price they charge. They've had years to work on that thing. If they wanted a better product they should have kept Hitech and Pyro.

Ranger Bob