Author Topic: Warbirds Sitrep for this week...New stuff...  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Hedu of JG26 Warbirds

• Zinc Member
Warbirds Sitrep for this week...New stuff...
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2000, 09:54:00 PM »
I did not think that everyone would be so literal in taking my statement, and I am a little dissapointed that that is how it got handled.  I would have expected more, specially when I am trying to be polite about the whole thing.
Sure the sims are created by some people, but where that sim goes from there is really influenced by the community.  I was up with Gunjam and ALI and prop til 4 in the morning last year talking Warbirds, and you really saw that.  Alot of you get real puffy when you talk about AH, as I am sure WB guys do too.  And you talk like you have input, how you will "vote with your dollar" and such rhetoric, which is also posted at our site by many WB pilots.  Now tell me, would you speak and act and vote like you do if you didn't think you could change your sim for the better, at least in your own eyes?  I am sure  we wouldn't try if it didn't matter.  As I am sure you guys wouldn't either.

But you can, as we can, and it is the players that shape the sim.  A creator makes a sim, and doesn't listen to his buyers, the sim goes tits up.  Well, Aces High isn't T.U. and neither is WB, because the community cares, just as much as the guys who programs it.

I am sorry that all this venom is getting tossed around.  I never said Aces High is crap, cause it's not, and I never said your company sux, for it doesn't either.  I would have hoped it just stayed a conversation about our two sims.  I like you ammo load out ideas, and your 3d movable cockpits are great.  I would say I think that a better airfield terrain system and some early war planes would help your sim.  I'd say that, but who will be first to say, "your early war set sucks"?

------------------
John "HEDU" Babarovich,JG26, Warbirds
Dedicated Bf109 driver

eye

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2000, 10:22:00 PM »
Your company riped me off for 2 extra months. I dont care how good wb3 will be ill never do buisness with you again. F U           sincerly EYE                                                                                                P.S. You guys chargeing by the hour is why you will never be competitive again. 30$ a month wont do it either. F U greedy mothers!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
Eye...

Whassup wiff dat?  Hedu aint iEN and this was a post originated by Hedu, not iEN....
====
Hedu,

Dont sweat the small stuff.

The only time I get proactive about AcesHigh
on AGW is when I see undeniably moronic statements made by people who I would have thought were slightly deeper thinkers.  Im sure you probably feel the same way on your side of the pond.

Cheers,
Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2000, 10:59:00 PM »
So Hitech, without the dollars coming in from the "community" I guess 1.03 would still be on the way?

Like it or not, the community does make the sim;  without it, you have a lonely video game.

Lizking

eye

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2000, 12:04:00 AM »
I know those greedy mothers are watching this sim and drooling. My post is simply a extention of the anger in my five calls to cancel my account. Wb has made a policy of closeing accounts months late. I have run into 5 others who have been riped off in this way. You see this wb employees F U. Ill be flying this or some other sim for years to come your never going to see my money. F U
P.S. I was nice on the first 4 calls over 2months i had to freek to get it closed. As far as im concerned you stole from my credit card. From what ive read above you been droping the ball for years just like aw. I feel bad for those in your company who earn a living on your bad decisions.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2000, 12:34:00 AM »
>Would one of the comminity please let me
>know when 1.03 will be complete,

I'm sorry HT.  I just don't answer "when" questions.  

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Skorpyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2000, 01:16:00 AM »
Hmmmmmm.... does this mean I can start sending my money to .... well...... ME?

Sorry, but I'm finally feeling like I can FLY the planes well, and now you say I gotta MAKE the game?  Ruh Roh Rorge... we're all in BIG trouble.

I abdicate my responsibilities to HT and associates.. yes, you can all give a big sigh of relief.

On the serious side, no slight was meant on my part, but I think it was just as inappropriate for Cit to have posted AH updates on the WB board.  I agree in the sense of community, but "cross advertising" is a bit crass, in my totally unsolicited and worthless opinion.

------------------
Skorpyon
I/JG2 ~Richthofen~
"Feel the Sting......"

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
Eye, a little hostility management please.  Nobody here can help you with that, but if you were billed past your cancellation, you should be able to recoup that money.

Lizking wrote:

Like it or not, the community does make the sim; without it, you have a lonely video game.
-----------------------------------

You're wrong about that. The word "community" has become a real buzzword among developers of online games.  Like any buzzword, it's nothing more than a term fashionably used by people who don't know much to convince others that they do.  

The real fact of the matter is that "communities" form around a common interest.  Whether that's a game, newsgroup, chat area, whatever, it doesn't matter.  In the case of games, no interest means no community.  Lose the interest, lose the community.  It's that simple. Developers can't make the community any more than they can keep one from forming if they have an interesting product.  They can help it grow or do the exact opposite, but that's the extent of it.  The only way to really kill the community is to have a product that doesn't interest people or doesn't compete well in the market.

If you make the coolest game in the world, a community will develop around it and there's nothing you can do to stop it.  Make a lame one and I don't care how nice a guy you are or how friendly the game is, it's not going to fly.

The funny thing about this particular genre is that the players between the competing products are mostly alike.  The difference between their perceptions in "community" is how well they know the other people around them.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Most plans are just inaccurate predictions.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2000, 01:37:00 AM »
Reread this thread...  Man they have a lot of meetings over there.

Meeting- an event where minutes are taken and hours are wasted.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Most plans are just inaccurate predictions.

eye

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2000, 01:46:00 AM »
They wont give me my money back.

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2000, 02:56:00 AM »
Eye:
I dont know how it is in other countries, but in Denmark\Norway (and Im pretty sure Sweeden\Finland) you can contact your bank and claim the money back.The bank will now refound the money, unless (in this case -) iEN can *prove* that you did not cansel your account.
Voila: suddenly they have a bank biting their a** ;=)

Of course it has to be done within a reasonable timeframe.

danish

edith: Id give Hedu some credit here.Frankly dont see anything malignant in his post.

[This message has been edited by danish (edited 06-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by danish (edited 06-12-2000).]

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2000, 06:55:00 AM »

Reread this thread... Man they have a lot of meetings over there.

Heh, you are very correct!

In their current situation I think they should spend more time to make WB3.0 happen than ponder things in slow pace.

HTC has apparently much different approach. Few people who know what they are doing, no need for lengthy meetings as things are discussed over in coffee breaks (Do you guys have any?).

One important point is that while IEN collectively thinks and thinks what to do with WB HTC folks have vision and they work according to it.

Of course, when the organization is large enough, meeting become neccessity to run things. Maybe not very efficient but is there a choice.

------------------
jochen Jagdflieger JG 2 'Richthofen' Aces High
jochen Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen'  Warbirds

Thanks for the Fw 190A-5 HTC!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2000, 07:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by Pyro:

True, but depends greatly upon the environment.  It is a very common misconception when someone believes this due to having been exposed to generally poor or inexperienced bureaucratic leadership during their careers.  Unfortunately they pattern their future careers upon a complete avoidance mindset, which usually also fails to the extreme the other way.

An appropriate business meeting.........where a good facilitator produces a series of "call to actions" for the work group, that ultimately results in greater (or some) profit for the shareholders.  A well executed decision oriented meeting, results in an "enveloping" plan that permits the participants to adapt, improvise, persevere and overcome within the boundaries it defines.

Unfortunately, I sense you've seen far too many of the former.  

Regards,
Badger

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 06-12-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2000, 07:37:00 AM »
HEDU,
I too like news from 'the other side', community information is a good thing, shouldn't be alienated.  Udie has his opinion, I agree with him about iEN,however I hoping that their software changes are for the good.

Looking forward to seeing you at Olympia if you make it down, 12 noon, Beer Garden, Sat.

Cya's!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2000, 07:37:00 AM »

Who made Warbirds? HT, Pyro and crew.

Wrong, Hans. The community made Warbirds. Just like the Aces High community makes AH what it is.

Gotta say Hedu, there aren't a whole lot of different ways to interpret this.  

I guess the main thing is... don't come over to AH's board and tell everyone that HT and PYRO didn't "make" Warbirds.  We were there... we know different.  Deep down.. you do to.

The community is the only reason Warbirds is still allive.  Its abillity to plan and execute events... the squad unity... the overall flight sim experience is unparralled in any other flight sim out.  The community holds iEN in the position they are at right now.  HT and PYRO gave that community something to hold on to.  Please don't forget that.

AKDejaVu

[This message has been edited by AKDejaVu (edited 06-12-2000).]