Author Topic: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2002, 03:55:29 PM »
Originally posted by ygsmilo
As long as I can steal Rudes kills its no big deal to me.

That's a boy Milo....you have trained hard and are truly 13th TAS!

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
LOL, I shot off the tail of a 234 Sunday, there were at least 10 guys trying to steal the kill as he floated down from 10,000 feet, was amusing to watch as two of them collided with it and died ;)

Offline Samiam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2002, 03:58:00 PM »
I'm honestly not sure if behavior has actually changed much, or if it's just the perception/interpretation of that behavior that has changed.

Before the contest I couldn't shoot a wing off a B17 20K over a friendly base and expect the carcass to hit the ground without at least one teammate ripping into it. No difference from now.

Ask yourself, has the money really tainted "them", or has it tainted you and how you view others?

I also don't think (hope) it's not the money per se (if $50 means that much to someone, they should cancel their account and save the $15/mo), but the fact that now people are actually paying more attention to score - the visibility is higher.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2002, 04:02:12 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
I am increasingly alarmed by the growing rabid “dog pack” mentality, which is why I am spending more and more time in the CT.  

You see, now you've been corrupted.  You no longer strive to Win the War.  Hey, in Real Life it was Rabid Dog Packs.  Go to the dueling arena if you want to have good fights.  Go to the H2H arena.  Just go away and let those folks fight a real war, will ya?

Geez....kids these days....I mean, you'd think they'd be able to see these things, wouldn't you?

- oldman

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2002, 04:02:17 PM »
Gawd!

What you guys are describing sounds awful!
Almost like a WAR!

eskimo

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2002, 06:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by ygsmilo
As long as I can steal Rudes kills its no big deal to me.

Doesn't that imply that Rude actually gets close to getting a kill.....Obviously there's a hole in your theory.  :p

Cobra

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2002, 06:31:51 PM »
Originally posted by Strange
Or the stupid SOB's that cross into your fire...
Its just SOB... not SOB's.  He'll gladly cross into your fire if he could figure out how to turn his plane.  He'll also gladly drop a bomb on you while you are sitting on the runway... especially if you're on his team.

In his defense, his stupidity is due to the fact he lives in Salem.  He seemed much more normal when he lived in Portland.

AKDejaVu

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2002, 06:44:13 PM »
Originally posted by Rude

Fellow Player: Rude....you got him?

Rude: Rgr...I can pull off if you'de like the kill.

Fellow Player: Oh no...that's alright...you saddled up first.

Rude: Are you sure....I wouldn't mind a bit...there's plenty of whiney rooks.... and you know, I would just like to state that....

BAM! BOOM! CRUNCH!

Back to the tower :)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2002, 06:54:01 PM »
stinkin tree huggers up there...im sending our Truck loads of cork smokn fruit loops up north as soon as we pave the last of these "forests" down here:)

Classic...tailless 51' s getting torn apart by the young tigers too young to hunt for them selves...

just think of your self as the Poppa tiger..feedn the cubs....

Let them starve and die..I like the Permanant "No check 6 Call " list....hehhehe

Its not getting worse..we just have more peopl on..and yes only newbees really will "steal " a kill..exceptions are...Fellow Squad mates kills..Hell I tell BiG Guns(BgMAW)..to only remove the aeilrons so i can come down and get the kill:)......

I dont think half of the new guys can tell if a planes missing a wing or not..its just SQUEEZE..SPRAY  & Pray!!!..I can understand..thsi game is really tuff for new guys..especaially if no Flying experience..in real life or Simulated......so u see a plane in front of you....your gonn shoot at it..

Love BiGB
xoxoxo

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2002, 07:21:35 PM »
Widewing - I absolutely agree. I've had many of those same experiences, but if you DO raise your head above the parapet to voice an alternative, it will be shot off very quickly. You will be reminded that "it's my $14.95/month" or berated for expecting other players to play the game "your way", or be tormented by some other autocratic salamander who "doesn't give a damn about YOUR war." Believe me, I've been there and tried. :confused:
In contrast, I spent some time flying at A83 (pizza map) last night. Here, there was no kill stealing and everyone worked together very well. I did note that everyone there fell under the category of “old hand”.
Well yes, and that why the Pizza map is the best IMO, or the least bad at any rate. The small crowded maps simply engender the behaviour of which you speak.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2002, 07:27:45 PM »
Simple solution to having your kills stolen: blow the plane up, don't leave it damaged.  I do this whenever there are friendlies around that I can't trust (ie. 95% of players) to leave a damaged plane to fall.

If you are in a 1 v 1 and it looks like you're not in immediate trouble I'll ask if you need help.  No reply or if the con is firing I'll jump in to kill it.

If there is a conga line chasing a bandit and he ends up in front of my guns, I'm gonna fire regardless of how many think it should be their kill.

If you're furballing and you can't kill the bandit quickly, don't expect me to cry when you complain about someone stealing "your" kill.  If it's flying it's a target, period.  If it's flopping about wingless I save my ammo and move on.

Offline DouglasA

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2002, 07:40:00 PM »
I been here about 18 months now. I see nothing diffrent today. Only perceptions have changed since HT threw money into the game. I think I have as many kills stolen as I get. I used to get mad about it but learned to forget it and move on to the next victim.
I have  found out thegame is a lot more enjoyable if you squelch ch 1 as soon as you get on :-)
My 2 cents
Cyris :confused:

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2002, 08:49:46 PM »

People have been making posts like this since the beginning of sim-time.
"Back in the olden days when I first started flying blah blah blah."

Discourteous Kill Mongering is the basis of all combat flight sims.  :)

Offline paulieb

• Copper Member
      • http://www.airmafia.com/index2.html
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2002, 08:51:13 PM »
AFAIK, I do not steal kills. If I see someone in pursuit 1 v 1 and having a rough time, I will ping with the .303s at every opportunity. On the other hand, if it's MY fight, I'll go with the Hispanos. Got a good one today, in fact, just off 103... a friendly in a p-51 was in a horizontal scissors with a rook Spit, and I just flew straight and slow through the pattern, getting shots at the Spits belly with the 303s at every pass. Not only did I get the assist, the friendly (don't remember who right now, sorry) thanked me for rattling the Rook's cage for him.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2002, 12:10:53 AM »
When I used to fly with the MOL, one of our rules (I think only rule) is that we try our hardest to steal as many kills from each other.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song