Author Topic: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2002, 11:24:39 AM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ
Don't let go of the trigger til the bandit explodes.

They can't steal yer kill that way.

:D

I'm stupid enough to spend a lot of time in a P51B this tour for some reason.

As usual in life.. no one else to blame but yourself, heh.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2002, 11:31:02 AM »
Originally posted by Cobra
I care not for coveting or stealing the kill, I care only for shooting the chute of those that bail.

Thank You and Goodnight.

Cobra

PS--Rude, Christmas, eh?  Then when are we getting the KC BBQ together, you Runstang Weenie :)

Let me get with Toad and see....this time of year is busy for sure...may have to be after the first of the year. At any rate, I'll post the time and place when confirmed:)

Offline mrmango

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2002, 11:49:46 AM »
Well I have been guilty of firing on a burning wreck if aiding a fellow pilot, when I first started. But mainly due to the excitement of the fight "finish them off!!"

I do occasionally get involved in a 1v1, but mainly when my fellow comrad looks to be having trouble. I have never even thought of shooting burning wrecks for more points. Frankly now I am over 200, I do not care for points, I just enjoy killing :D

Perhaps before judging, we should think that some people just wanna help and perhaps teach the newbs about the does and don'ts.

If my fellow bishes were constantly diving on my burning wrecks purely for that kill and perk. I would get annoyed and I am sure people are doing this.

But at the end of the day, its a game with many different people, from all over. We can expect manners, but cannot enforce it.

Mango

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2002, 12:34:20 PM »
Only time I've stolen a kill is when a knit and bish were fighting over a base of ours (Rooks). One of the planes shot the other down, and as he was floating slowly to the ground, I stole it from the other team. It was a good laugh, especially when the guy who got shot gave me hell for stealing (what he thought) was a player on my teams kill.

These types of kill steals are really hard to find, but far more satisfying.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2002, 02:23:15 PM »
Originally posted by TheManx
Only time I've stolen a kill is when a knit and bish were fighting over a base of ours (Rooks). One of the planes shot the other down, and as he was floating slowly to the ground, I stole it from the other team. It was a good laugh, especially when the guy who got shot gave me hell for stealing (what he thought) was a player on my teams kill.

These types of kill steals are really hard to find, but far more satisfying.

That doesn't count because it's really not stealing the kill since they were both the enemy.  Whenever I see squeakops and Rookies fighting each other in a 1v1 fight, I do the same thing.  Sometimes they can hear my laughter as I dive in but I've learned to laugh not so loud until after I've killed them both.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2002, 05:59:32 PM »
Bishops even stealing field captures from each other.  This poor goon had been orbiting near 30 minutes while they tried kill my ostwind.  C47 finally gets to drop, then a M3 that had just popped up runs in and steals the field capture - hehe filmed the score hungry guy -- so caught somebody with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar.:)

I not watched it yet so I don't know who it was, but i guess film will show.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2002, 06:18:31 PM »
So..flying for the Bishops is like watching the 2 chipmonk guys on the old bugs bunny cartoons? "After you! Oh no..I wouldnt THINK of it..YOU go first..." OH DEAR no..I just COULDnt.....YOU kill him.....
"Lets both kill him at once!"

I see LOTS of that shoot-at-the-flaming-wreckage crap..as I fly 17 groups a lot..and always to nmy bases..as opposed to the factory milk-runs the score-potatos are forced to do to keep buff-rank high....consequently..get shot DOWN lots too..after 3 passes at 20k..often have 3-4 of em on ya..lose 1 drone after another...last plane tumblin outta sky..on fire....1 wing..no turrets..all engines dead.... lost count of how many times ive seen buncha spits and nikis shootin at me all the way to ground..NONE of whom were the guy that actually did the fatal damage. (As im a rook..that would mean either..ahem...Bish or Nits were doin that)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2002, 07:01:42 AM »
Originally posted by Turbot
Bishops even stealing field captures from each other.  This poor goon had been orbiting near 30 minutes while they tried kill my ostwind.  C47 finally gets to drop, then a M3 that had just popped up runs in and steals the field capture - hehe filmed the score hungry guy -- so caught somebody with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar.:)

I not watched it yet so I don't know who it was, but i guess film will show.

Damn film doesnt show the troops... but that m3 actually raced up and drove into the middle of the troop stream (they were spread out a bit - I think he thought he could actually block the othre guys troops), stops and quickly opens his door at map room so his first few would be the final capture troops.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2002, 09:17:47 AM »
It's kinda fun watchin you guys get so worked up about the Bishops....had no idea we had this POWER over you:)

Offline smash

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2002, 10:42:42 AM »
Fly a lower performance plane and you find your courtesy envelope greatly expanded.  The only way I can survive and have a decent time is with lots of six calls, and lots of help when someone is crawling all over me.   That means I make it a point not to pee on my fellow countrymen.

The description of the problem just seems weird to me.  Last week I damaged at least 3 aircraft and pulled away, only to have another pilot finish them off - yet I got the kills.  Actually felt sorry for the guy.

It seems that - at least in Bishland - there is a certain group of pilots that operate in a way I like.  There are 6 calls, there is courtesy regarding 1V1 situations, SA is shared etc.   When I find those guys flying together, I hang out there.  

Sometimes I will be up over an area and the pilots are flying with all of the bad behaviour already described previously. I just  leave that area, ply my trade elsewhere.

ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Intel Core i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB GDDR5X W/Oculus Rift
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
CPU and Vid are water cooled

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2002, 11:51:45 AM »
If there really is 6 calls and courtesy in bish land, I'm switching today.  I thought that killstealing no check 6 thing is rampant for all countries.  I feel responsible for my own 6 so I really don't get to worked up about that.  It is probably a problem on all 3 sides but my pet peeve is as follows:  I'm saddled up on a guy, and a guy on my own team cuts in front(as a result of me being slower via ACM to get saddled up in the first place) and I pull the trigger at the same time. I've had friendlies fly through my plane, while I was shooting, as I ran down a bad guy.  Naturally, I die as result of killshooting.  Someone may be able to explain to me that this is my fault...until then it is just plain infuriating.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Turdboy

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2002, 12:20:12 PM »
I was flying a couple of nights ago and all had been going well when after a great sortie I was coming in for a landing and there were 2 guys taking off in front of me.

I began my normal landing procedures but was getting a little worried because my landing gear wasn't coming down. I checked to see if they were damaged and saw that they weren't and just happened to look up and saw the 2 guys taking off flying like they had cons right on them.

Well I kept trying to get my gear down when I noticed I was hitting the "Check 6" button on my throttle instead of my gear. I quickly apologized to the guys and admitted to my stupidity. Their only response was "LOL" and "Whew! I thought I was dead because I couldn't find the guy to evade".

So I guess the moral of my story is Bish are nice enough guys that they will overlook stupidity. (Yes I know I have a lot for them to overlook) AND there are a lot of "Check 6" calls made. (sometimes more than needed )

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2002, 12:27:07 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
It's kinda fun watchin you guys get so worked up about the Bishops....had no idea we had this POWER over you:)

You seem to uderestimate the power of sheer numbers...  ;)

LEMMING POWA!!!   :D

Offline Puke

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2002, 03:05:19 PM »
MA = feeding frenzy, pure and simple.

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2002, 08:03:04 PM »
Ok here are my 2 cents worth:

I try my best to ask someone if they need help with a baddie that they are dogging with.  If they respond as yes they get the help.  If they dont respond then most of the time I will head in there and help knowing full well that guys dont always use vox or cant type while engaged.  If they say no I have them....I then hang for a bit but leave them alone.

I dont fault guys for going in on planes that are not fully dead.  What I mean is that if you hit a guy and hes still flying he's fair game.  If hes not spitting parts out or falling uncontrollably he's a fair target.  

I do however get very pissed off when I am dogfighting a guy and someone rolls infront and I get killshootered.  I have noticed that over the past week this has increased tremendously.

Its a game and some people will play by a certain "code" and others will not.  I myself try to fly politely and ask.  With that being said if its a massive furball then you gotta watch out for everyone including the good guys because they become bad guys when killshooter comes into effect.