Author Topic: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2002, 02:11:54 AM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
If you are in a 1 v 1 and it looks like you're not in immediate trouble I'll ask if you need help.  No reply or if the con is firing I'll jump in to kill it.

If there is a conga line chasing a bandit and he ends up in front of my guns, I'm gonna fire regardless of how many think it should be their kill.

If you're furballing and you can't kill the bandit quickly, don't expect me to cry when you complain about someone stealing "your" kill.  If it's flying it's a target, period.  If it's flopping about wingless I save my ammo and move on.

My thoughts excactlly ...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2002, 02:32:58 AM »
I am for one tired of poeple shooting at a tumbling wreck even after you anounce on vox that he's dead (if they missed the obvious visual part). Don't tell me they are there to "help you" :rolleyes:

I can say nothing else: (and forgive me for being rude)

morons.

PS: This adjective does qualify for squaddies too :p
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2002, 04:55:01 AM »
If i only damage a plane and i know hes falling to the ground and it will e my kill, if there are friendlies around i announce over the range channel that plane xxx is toast and falling down to die.

I never saw some 1 going after him and try to steal my kill.
But that goes for knights :) We are just more sportsman like :)
Freeze

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2002, 05:25:12 AM »
I usually have no concerns about someone stealing "my" kill. It only annoys me a bit when some of my Rook comrades dive for it, as we are usually in dire need of alt to face the habitual Lemming horde.

At the end, I could care less about who the server decides which kill belongs to. The only important thing is that the enemy is dead and buried. And I know who deserve his scalp whatever the server says.

Being positive by nature, when I remove one wing from an enemy and a bunch of Rooks fire the falling remainders like there's no tomorrow, I tend to think I'm increasing my country gunning skills by providing easy targets to the ones so desperately needing.  ;)

No, I don't care anyone "stealing" my kills. In fact, If any rook wants, they can do it from me without hesitation. On my side there is absolutely no anger if a fellow Rook wants to blast the falling plane out of the sky.  :)

Cheers,

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2002, 06:18:28 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
I am for one tired of poeple shooting at a tumbling wreck even after you anounce on vox that he's dead (if they missed the obvious visual part). Don't tell me they are there to "help you" :rolleyes:

I can say nothing else: (and forgive me for being rude)

morons.

PS: This adjective does qualify for squaddies too :p

I'm innocent ! I swear ! (well ... not always but saw is such a dweeb that I've no remorses :D)

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2002, 06:26:27 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e

Did you say something? I thought not.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2002, 07:52:17 AM »
Originally posted by Blue Mako
Simple solution to having your kills stolen: blow the plane up, don't leave it damaged.  I do this whenever there are friendlies around that I can't trust (ie. 95% of players) to leave a damaged plane to fall.

I've only had one person try to steal on of my kills since I've started AH but have seen quite a few do it to others.  That's why I also usually keep firing until the enemy plane blows up.  If for some reason I can't take the time to blow it up and manage to take off a vital part of the enemy plane, just saying 'plane down' over range channel has kept others from trying to steal my kill.  Or it just be that the Knights are just more civil towards each other ;)

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2002, 07:57:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Or it just be that the Knights are just more civil towards each other ;)Ack-Ack

they're afraid you'd take 'em behind the DA for a little "talk."

besides, by the time the baddy falls from 30k, i've probably already killed you and it's up for grabs and you never get the credit anyway!

:p
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2002, 08:00:27 AM »
Don't let go of the trigger til the bandit explodes.

They can't steal yer kill that way.

:D

Offline Turdboy

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2002, 08:13:34 AM »
I know I've only been here a few weeks but I've managed to fly for all side now and I can tell you the Bish have been the best I've flown with so far.

I'm not talking about the best pilots but the nicest guys to fly with.

I started as a Knight and those guys were OK some real whiners about not following them around but over all good guys.

Rooks.....well there are SOME Rooks I enjoyed flying with but over all there weren't any group that I could count on. It all seemed to be a free for all.

I've only been flying Bish for a few days now but I've really enjoyed it. Last night we were outnumbered by a lot but there wasn't the "Follow me or we lose" crowd I was expecting. I found a group of guys that worked well together ..gave 6 calls..came to your aid if you needed it but ASKED before jumping into a 1v1 fight.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2002, 08:28:52 AM »
Originally posted by Cobra
Doesn't that imply that Rude actually gets close to getting a kill.....Obviously there's a hole in your theory.  :p

Cobra

Be nice...it's Christmas:)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2002, 09:57:21 AM »
Originally posted by CavemanJ
Don't let go of the trigger til the bandit explodes.

They can't steal yer kill that way.

:D

Well, that sure is one way to protect your kill. However, as a rule, I never stay on an enemy beyond that point where the aircraft is disabled. I immediately break off to avoid anyone trying to get set up on me. Admiring one's work is not a good idea in a sky crowded with enemy. :eek:

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2002, 10:25:37 AM »
X2Lee!  Get back in that PT boat, where you belong!  :p

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Discourteous Kill Mongering on the Rise?
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2002, 10:39:40 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
That does not happen in Bishland....we are respectful and courteous of our fellow countrymates. The typical kill in Bishland goes something like this........

Fellow Player: Rude....you got him?

Rude: Rgr...I can pull off if you'de like the kill.

Fellow Player: Oh no...that's alright...you saddled up first.

Rude: Are you sure....I wouldn't mind a bit...there's plenty of whiney rooks and knits to go around.

Fellow Player: Well, if you don't mind.

Rude: Absolutely not...I'll get the next one.

Now ya see....wouldn't ya rather be a Bishop? Style and substance, all the while kickin tail and takin names.

What a country!

LOL Rude.  I wish it was that good.  At least a couple times a week I'll have a kill taken from me because I didn't do a good enough job to get the baddie to explode on my first pass.  Just the other day, a guy shot up a typhoon that I had downed and got the kill.  He proceded to say over vox "yeah that's MY kill" (or something like that)

In any case I almost started to consider following my kills down until I was certain that they weren't going to get stolen...  but all that does is lower my e so it will probably take longer for me to find my next kill.  It's all a trade off.

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2002, 10:44:52 AM »
I care not for coveting or stealing the kill, I care only for shooting the chute of those that bail.

Thank You and Goodnight.

Cobra

PS--Rude, Christmas, eh?  Then when are we getting the KC BBQ together, you Runstang Weenie :)