Author Topic: Some Concerns  (Read 1876 times)

Animal -FT

Some Concerns
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Nope wrong again. ;-0

What you don't understand Brat is that I was asked to work for them not vise versa, by VET a long time ago. Since I was more tech support then anything else, I rarely had conctact with Kelly. Beside that he is a friend in or outside the game. True enough, just because he treats me decent and vise versa it doesn't mean I have my nose up anyones ass. Kelly himself will tell you that himself.

what you don't tell people is WHY you had conflict with Kelly, wasn't it that you ejected players after intising them into a argument while you were arena staff, I'm not sure but I KNOW there is more to the story then you present. Or was it your "Im going to show all staff how I think it should be done , everyone is stupid but me"
theroy.

For those of who don't know. Brat has had it in for me every since he walked the tight rope with a stupid joke he let get way out of hand. Brats theroy is to test folks on how much crap he can start before they come down on him, and when they do, you better run for a box of kleenex cause he's about to start stomping his feet and waving his arms ainlessly screaming they are all out to get me.
Hence the CPID Brat say it all.

You just like leaving those tiny bits of information out.

nuff said.

Brat will never give up on me until he finds a way to get over real good.

next he will prolly resort to an old thread that westy would prolly understand more then himself. That I Threatened all of BW. lolol... funny, all Isaid basically was that that smart mouth would not last 2 seconds with me in person. I'm sure he will dig up more edited snips to TRY to prove his point, but it's moot when you know the whole situation. he will make it sound like something it's not. so have at it brat I opened the gates for yas. But iguess he won't mention that he and his side kick dweebles bombed my mail box because their JOKE didn't go over well with a LOT of folks.

brat has a hardon for certain people he lives in the past, and whines about the future. Soon you will all be wrong and he will be right, mark my words. <G>

The guy trys to tell me about the Tech Industry when I was in it before he even hit high school, prolly even middle school. Yet after 23 years I know nothing about it> one break please.

Animal
(from the therearenolngerleashesaroundm yneck tribe)

Originally posted by Brat:
(anti AH propaganda snipped)

"Even IF that was his ploy which I don't think it was."

Yanno Animal...just when I thought you finally had that crane extract your head from Kelly's rectum...you prove me wrong.

Incidentally everyone...Animal is a staff member of Airwarrior and Kelly's little sidekick...

So what exactly was Kelly's ploy? Was he showing true concern for a community that he has NOTHING to do with?

Hrmmm...I always thought Kelly was supposed to be this guy that was "on the players side." Kinda looks to me like he walked right in and screwed over EVERY Airwarrior that trying to move here by making them unwelcome.

Not to mention the fact that he posted a PRIVATE email.

Animal -FT

Some Concerns
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Ahh how refreshing, a mature outlook and idea
WTG DOK
<S>
Animal

Originally posted by DoKtor GonZo:
Price is always a concern. I don't blame the AW players for trying to get a deal. But giving it to them would be an afront to the existing player base. I can see a couple of ways around this:

(a) A special "AW: A kill has been recorded" promotion for a month or two whereby the monthly rate drops to like $20 across the board to foster a migration here instead of to WB.

(b) A "refer a dweeb" program where both referred and referrer get $10 off (only one per customer) for their first month or two of billing. This would make existing AH players want to bring in their AW buddies, plus allow squads to join and get a break.

I think (b) would be the best option since it's a program which could be kept in place a long while.

-DoK

Offline Brat

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by Animal -FT:

(complete garbage that has no bearing or relevance in this thread and was nothing more than a personal attack against me snipped)

Interesting...highly misinformed...I give it a 2.

No need to bring up any of your past performances here Animal (the people who you threatened in emails are actually members of this community)...you're doing a fine job of making a total bellybutton of yourself without my help.

Even though all your comments about me are complete and total fabrications...I don't really think the AH community is interested in hearing the truth...so I'll spare them and get this conversation back on track.

Kelly came in here and posted a private email with his concerns about price breaks for Airwarrior...and this was all done from a paying job at EA.

Kind of sums it all up huh?

bye

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2001, 02:17:00 PM »
As I suspected, people are already not carefully reading stuff in this thread, and are assuming that HTC is actually seriously entertaining or IN negotiations for a cut rate for former AW squads.

Read the original post carefully.

There's no evidence at all that HTC has actually been contacted yet, or that they have the slightest inclination to do this.

I could just as easily claim in a post that I'm about to "begin negotiations with HTC for a free AH account for me and anyone else who wants to sign up with me" but it doesn't mean it will work :-)

Offline Immel

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by Torgo:

I could just as easily claim in a post that I'm about to "begin negotiations with HTC for a free AH account for me and anyone else who wants to sign up with me" but it doesn't mean it will work :-)

Uhm...if it _does_ work, gimme a call.

Immel

[This message has been edited by Immel (edited 03-24-2001).]

AKSeaWulfe

Some Concerns
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
DoK, there's already a type of plan B in action...

If you get someone to sign up, and they tell HTC that you were the person that referred them to the game... you get a free month of AH. Or maybe it was for every 2 people. Then again, maybe that deal is long and dead. <shrug>
-SW

Offline kbman

• Copper Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
Hmmm ... Sorry to see all this inbred infighting brought to this BBS. We have plenty of our own to choke on already.HTC will make their own decisions about this matter based on their concerns and judgement.
I, for one, am willing to accept that and live with it. They generally have an excellent record with regard to these kinds of issues and know best what their needs are.
Nuff said.

kbman

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
do i hear the jailer comin to put a lock on the door.....?

SKurj

Offline KdF

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2001, 03:45:00 PM »
Waves back at NUTTZ

<Damn  Thought ya didn`t see me>

=0)

------------------
KdF

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
Hi, I'm ROC.  Kelly posted my letter.  Figured I'd stick my head in and say Hi.

I've played Air Warrior for many years, not as long as the "great ones" but long enough, almost 5 years now I think.  I used to be staff until last week.  Put alot of time in and my reasons for leaving Air Warrior are mine.  The decision was not easy, and was not immediate.  

The trouble is, I know alot of people.  I have been emailed by "several" people discussing AW and other sims.  As word got out that I was really moving, I responded to many that I prefered AH after trying all of them.  
I have not discussed a price break with any AH staff, and am not speaking for my squad, but there may be the potential to introduce "several" new players to Aces High.
I am a business owner.  I do a couple million a year in construction projects.  I leverage that into price discounts.  It is my nature.  If I can pull together 100 or so people into a product, this warrants attention.  It may or may not work, but I will always try.  The post Kelly offered up is one part of about 4 conversations.  The section is exclusive to the negotiation process "when" it occurs, as from my end, it has not.  The reason for the secrecy is simple.  When negotiating, you hold your cards close to avoid this type of pettiness, build up the base into a solid offer, and present it.  I doubt anyone here would shy away from the chance to do the same.

I could have applied this same level of strategy to restoring our AW community, but it continually fell short of what I believe was any true support from all but a couple of AW personell.
I chose simply to take a few people and find a new home, as these same few felt left out and betrayed at their old stomping grounds.  

The most obvious advantage I can see is the increased exposure and population of this game.  Numbers work.  Increased traffic equals increased revenues, and if you're smart, you manage your growth and the entire community benefits with happy staff and well funded designers.  Overall spreading the costs over a larger subscription base and your price should go down.  Not a bad thing, from where I stand.  
$10 bucks a month is too low unless you have a massive base like AW had.  This brings additional problems such as overextending your bandwidth and wreaking havoc with your delays. So you pay a bit more and, hopefully, have a more stable system to play on.  I for one will sign for $30 if need be.  I'd prefer to pay annually as I hate the monthly charges.  But again, if an individual or group can bring in a considerable base, triggering a benefit to the game, why not.
Well, enough of that.  I figured I may as well jump in with my 2 cents.  Can't hurt at this point lol.
CYA in the air, somewhere.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

AKSeaWulfe

Some Concerns
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
My only concern is that with a discounted user base, the amount they pay combined with the amount the current user base pays may not see enough cash on HTC's side to replace the server with a bigger and better one and more bandwidth to accomidate the increased player base.

So, in the end while the player base increases we may run into poor connections. I'd rather fight 200 people and see no warps, than fight 1000 people that travel through the sky like squids.

Just my opinion of course.
-SW

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Some excellent ideas Dok.  Do something to encourage migration to AH, but make it only temporary so that you don't alienate the current players who might consider it unfair.

bowser

Animal -FT

Some Concerns
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
Now was I right or was I right.
 UGH!

OOOH the humanity
Don't attack me for no reason and I won't bite back.... see how easy that is>?

Animal
(Brat's Favorite buddy;-))

Originally posted by Brat:
(complete garbage that has no bearing or relevance in this thread and was nothing more than a personal attack against me snipped)

Interesting...highly misinformed...I give it a 2.

No need to bring up any of your past performances here Animal (the people who you threatened in emails are actually members of this community)...you're doing a fine job of making a total bellybutton of yourself without my help.

Even though all your comments about me are complete and total fabrications...I don't really think the AH community is interested in hearing the truth...so I'll spare them and get this conversation back on track.

Kelly came in here and posted a private email with his concerns about price breaks for Airwarrior...and this was all done from a paying job at EA.

Kind of sums it all up huh?

bye

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Some Concerns
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
I cannot believe that the person that started this thread is a EA/Kesmai employee.  I simply cannot.

If he were, this would be the equivelant of Hotseat coming over here and telling us that he heard a few WB members were getting discount rates on AH and he is equally concerned for our community.

If its not... welcome to the great anonymous net.  The place were people can be whomever they want simply because they were the first to pick the name.

Either way.. the first post is equally pathetic.

AKDejaVu

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2001, 04:27:00 PM »
Hey Kelly, Animal

I am sorry to hear you are so desperate kelly that you need to stoop to such pathetic tactics.

I am sorry to hear you are so fiscally challenged Animal that you cant afford a quality sim and must play the discount version. (maybe when Mickey D's makes you an assistant manager, your pay will go up and you can try AH )  hahahahah

Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"