Author Topic: Some Concerns  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
Dont worry gadflea,

Warbirds lower price makes you guys a sure winner when the dust settles.

Have fun with your new community!

Yeager

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Some Concerns
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
IMHO,
I made my decision to play AH and accepted the terms given to me. Hitech is the owner of this sim and whatever he decides to do will be in his and AH best interest . I like this game and will continue to play reguardless.

Nomde
http://www.jump.net/~cs3" TARGET=_blank>63rd FS, 56th FG
"Zemke's Wolfpack"

"God loves the 56th cause we keep Heaven filled"

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
Some Concerns
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2001, 07:34:00 PM »
FWIW, let me also point out something else. While having all of AW come to AH obviously increases the player base and revenue stream for HTC, it also imposes a higher load. I'm sure HT knows the magic number of players on at once that tells him when he'll need to add hardware or increase the size of his Internet pipe.

The point is, more players doesn't mean more money with no additional operating costs. By the same token, more players in the next 60 days as they try to find an alternative to AW doesn't necessarily mean all those players will stay. And you don't want to buy or lease more server side resources unless you'll have the sustained traffic to justify it.

-DoK

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Some Concerns
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2001, 07:56:00 PM »
I trust HT to know whats good for business. If he can bring in a bunch of new pilots and make the numbers work more power to him.

Welcome to Aces High all you AW pilots.

If there is anything I or the other trainers can do to help get you up to speed & getting kills just yell. You'll find a list of email address's on the HTC web site under trainers.

Offline Quick

• Zinc Member
      • http://damned.org
Some Concerns
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2001, 08:08:00 PM »
Folks, I'm gonna rate this puppy up there with the TopGunz troll on Bigweek. My hats off to the feller who did it though. This man has true elit3 troll potential.

Muahahahaha!!!

Hint1: "Hi its me"
Hint2: "For the record"

------------------
Quick

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2001, 08:12:00 PM »
Quick, the problem is , even with all the trolling potential involved with this thread, its sad at whats happened to AW. Its basically dead, and its over. Whether whoever started this thread was actually Kelly or not, it don't matter.

The real issue is the ongoing events at EA.com and the future of AW. It basically doesn't have a future.

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

<S>! to AW and what it meant for the whole genre. It was the first, and made all we do today possible. But like many "firsts" in industry, it became too complacent, and signed its own death warrant.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
Hmm. Boa came by the other day. And I sat him down and let him fly my account for a bit (there goes my already dismal K/D ratio)

He's hooked.

I'm going to work on my old squad to try and get them all in here.

Oh right. The topic.

If someone wants to negotiate a group discount, more power to 'em. I get all sorts of perks through the various organizations I belong to. No reason not to let HT talk it out with them.

Was that really culero posting? Beats me. If it was, that's pretty toejamty (netiquette, etc.) If it wasn't culero, that's pretty toejamty.

Personally, I'm staying out of this toejam storm but I'll probably still go to the AW con this year. Why? I don't go to the con to fly AW, I go to hang with the AW community, 'cause they're a great group of guys.

It sucks that a bunch of AW old timers got laid off, but that's business. Bad business, IMHO, but business. Good luck to the remaining folks who're trying to keep the game alive. Meanwhile I'll keep flying AH. I hope you understand, that's just business too (the game's better, and I can afford it)

In the meantime, it's pretty sick the sort of squabbling that's going on over all this.

More players is good. More community is good, and I'll vouch for the folks from AW (the ones who're quitting AW over all this are folks who care passionately about community) who make the jump.

Even brat and animal. They may be amazinhunks, but their *our* amazinhunks  
Or I'd rather have guys who give a toejam and are wrong than people who don't

~Lemur

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
Just saw a post from the man who was corresponding with culero, and he presents pretty good evidence it was Kelly who made that first post.

<shakes head>

Living up to his name, I see.

~Lemur

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Some Concerns
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
ROC Welcome to AH , also all former AW pilots too .

wishing u the best ,
spro

PS: Bishops have the best sheep IMO  

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!http://www.airsquadron.com" TARGET=_blank>

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 03-24-2001).]
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Animal -FT

Some Concerns
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2001, 09:06:00 PM »
It's not
I hardly think the man would spell his own name wrong, and if he did come here it would be under a different name...., and I think I know who it is who set this fairy tail up..

Shame Shame..

Animal
was wundering how lng it would take but no one got it.

Originally posted by DamnedBuzzard:
Greetings folks, I'm another of those old AW players that's stumblin in here. Lota ya'll know me. I worked with/for the real Kelly Meyers for a bit as volunteer staff. I got canned with th rest of th volunteer staff along with some paid legends like Moggy and GE.
I'm pissed at EA but it wasn't Kelly's doin.
I don't think th post that started all this was Kelly either.

Buzzard <but this is really me, no B.S.   >

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »

Originally posted by airspro:
PS: Bishops have the best sheep IMO    (Image removed from quote.)

[/B]

That's why us rooks always take them away from you  

Some things never change. Sheep are one of them  

~Lemur

Offline lemur

• Zinc Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
BTW. I left a present for brat in my long-winded post... 5 perk points if someone spots it before he does.

~Lemur

Offline BOOT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.327th.org
Some Concerns
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
Will the REAL KELLY PLEASE STAND UP !!!

I don't really feel like KELLY of AW fame would stoop to this kind of low..

ie; posting the private e-mail

Kelly if tis you= YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A DICK
Kelly if tis not= THEY ARE ACTING LIKE A DICK

This is a disgrace to drag AW dirty laundry into this community...

This just plain Sucks...

BOOT

AW Otto

Some Concerns
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
<snip>I left a present for brat in my long-winded post... 5 perk points if someone spots it before he does.

~Lemur

"Even brat and animal. They may be amazinhunks, but their *our* amazinhunks
Or I'd rather have guys who give a toejam and are wrong than people who don't"

~Lemur

Maybe this? Maybe not?

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
Some Concerns
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2001, 09:26:00 PM »

Originally posted by lemur:
BTW. I left a present for brat in my long-winded post... 5 perk points if someone spots it before he does.

~Lemur

they're

hehe

Xanax
The Damned
Founded 1988