Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 2901 times)

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
Barry Manilow says...
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2002, 12:50:45 AM »

I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
A shadow of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into
Morning, just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
how happy you made me oh Mandie

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandie
well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
I need you today, oh Mandie

I'm standing on the edge of time
I Walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world of uphill climbing
The tears are in my mind
And nothing is rhyming, oh Mandie

And I need you today, oh Mandie

Yesterday's a dream I face the morning
Crying on the breeze
the pain is calling, oh Mandie

And I need you today, oh Mandie

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Leaving
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2002, 11:28:15 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
Good riddance you emotional train-wreck hag.

lol yeah!:D

Offline akak

• Silver Member
      • http://www.479thraiders.com
Leaving
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2002, 11:48:26 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
If she doens't expect that then she is naive.  

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

She's just a kid you friggin' moron and started playing when he older brother did.  

ack-ack

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2002, 11:48:56 AM »
LOL at this thread.

Merry Christmas!

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2002, 12:02:18 PM »
I still think HTC should give me kick/ban powers... who's with me?????

If you aren't.. I'll ban yo ass!!!
-SW

Offline Esme

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2002, 05:50:51 PM »
Kanth, you miss my point. Why should anyone feel that the solution to some moron having a go at a lass is for women to not use female names for their IDs, rather than to kick the morons out?  Pay attention, m'dear!  :-}

SOB, you would appear to be the kind of person that should be kicked out, on your own admission. (shrugs). Certainly anyone with your stated kind of attitude wouldnt survive long with any of the squads I've been in.

Esme

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2002, 06:17:02 PM »
 I guess my dreams of being your squaddie are now crushed.  :(

SOBbing
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2002, 07:27:02 PM »
Alas..there are a lotta real or mental 13 year-olds in here..just as real life--and there is a reason why most single women only use first initial in phone book..and dont list their address.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2002, 07:52:34 PM »
Esme I think you are missing mine.

What happened to Mandie should not have happened.

But it 'did' and it will continue to happen.

Should it? no!  But it does, and unless you are willing to deal with that on principal every_single_day, changing your name will actually fix the problem if you are discreet.

I'm a realist.

You see what I'm saying?  It's not about what's right because,as players we cannot directly control other players, it's about what 'is' and how to deal with it effectively and enjoy the game as it is.

Now I can back up what I'm saying with plenty of examples of the way it is in AH, can you back up what 'should be' with any examples in AH? (by that I mean players who were banned for their behavior towards a female player, just name one for example)

p.s. I hope you are kidding about SOB.

Originally posted by Esme
Kanth, you miss my point. Why should anyone feel that the solution to some moron having a go at a lass is for women to not use female names for their IDs, rather than to kick the morons out?  Pay attention, m'dear!  :-}

SOB, you would appear to be the kind of person that should be kicked out, on your own admission. (shrugs). Certainly anyone with your stated kind of attitude wouldnt survive long with any of the squads I've been in.

Esme
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2002, 08:19:38 PM »
Originally posted by Yippee38
If she were male, nobody would've said the things they did to her (unless they were that overtly homosexual male).

You're not online much are ya?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Leaving
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2002, 10:01:22 AM »
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by lazs2
If she doens't expect that then she is naive.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's just a kid you friggin' moron and started playing when he older brother did.

ack-ack"

Well.... "moron"??   How do you figure tough guy?   How would I know she was a kid?  And if she is... What the hell is wrong with her "older brother" who didn't wise her up?   Either way... she is learning what everyone learns eventually anyway.   Well... maybe not... Maybe a tough talker hero like you can protect her from reality.  

lazs

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Leaving
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2002, 11:12:41 AM »
WOW....quite the thread.
The point here is that an individual (regardless wether male or female) was treated so harshly, that they feel the only way they have to remove themselves from the situation, is to give up something that they did for enjoyment. That we, as a community, allow this to happen is a tragedy. Each and every one of us expects to recieve a certain amount of respect. Good natured needling is one thing....what has happened to Mandie is an entirely different  animal, and quite frankly an outrage.
Hopefully Skuzzy will be able to make some sense out of all of this, although I think there is really limited options on his part, as to what can be done.
Mandie, you will do what you think is right for you. I can only say that the majority of the community wishes you would reconsider.
Whatever you decide, know that you are always welcome. Any squad would be better for having you as a member. You are more than welcome to wing with 421 any time you wish if you decide to stay.
And finally, for the Individuals who are uncaring, and fail to see the real issue here......welcome to the "stone-age". Grow up People.
RTR
CO 421 tfs
The Damned

Offline spiegel

• Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2002, 11:45:57 AM »
wow.. first time I read this post.... cant believe you all have something to say....... she is leaving.. yes its true.. may be sad for some of you.. some of you may be glad.. ME is dont really matter if she leaves or not... maybe she should reconsider.... but if she wants to quit.. let her...

to all those uncaring people who posted in this thread as well as the people who did whatever to mandie that is making her quit...... you all ...... SUCK!!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Leaving
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2002, 11:56:48 AM »
Yah RTS! Finally someone sees treating people so harshly and uncaring is a tragedy.

Wilbus called me an idiot, fuze made fun of my callsign, Thundtard9 wants me banned and says the community doesn’t need me and I should leave, and a boorish love muffin too boot. He even wished a weird animal poop fetish onto my joyous Christmas holiday celebration stocking!

Even a "editor" from a popular flightsim website, called me a love muffin and inferred I was illiterate and needed reading and comprehension classes by being so clever to relate my post to a infomercial class for slow learners.

Next thing you know, someone will post a link that crashes everyone’s computer.

I don’t think Skuzzy has time to weed all you bad apples out, but I think he will make sense of all this and the intent of it all.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2002, 12:04:47 PM by Creamo »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Leaving
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2002, 12:16:38 PM »
One of the saddest aspects of this thread is; most all of the situations brought up here had already been dealt with and so, from my perspective, this is just a rehash.
One truism I leave you with;  Posting a problem on a bulletin board in a non-constructive manner usually results in nothing positive.
If people want to solve problems, then they normally approach the people that can actually help to solve the problems.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com