Author Topic: Since Bush became president...  (Read 2885 times)

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
Since Bush became president...
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2003, 04:24:28 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Did someone say Bill Clinton?

Hillary Clinton dies and goes to Heaven where she meets St. Peter. She notices that there are clocks everywhere. She asks St. Peter why are there so many clocks here. St. Peter tells her that each clock represents a person on earth and that every time a person tells a lie, the clock ticks off one second.

St. Peter explains that the one clock has never moved because it belonged to Mother Theresa and she never told a lie her whole life. The next clock belonged to Abraham Lincoln and since he only told two lies his whole life, only two seconds had clicked. Hillary asks, "Where is Bill's clock?"

St. Peter says, "Bill's clock is upstairs in God's office. He's using it as a fan."

Roflmao :D

Blitz

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
Hey weazel i think we get the idea you dont like bush LOL.
Well if your an american you can change that next election!!
And if your not an american then STFU why should you care get a life moron!!

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
Re: Another Cabby drive by.....
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2003, 05:08:37 PM »
Originally posted by weazel
Let me save you the trouble of responding again...

dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah. dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass LeftieLeftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah, blah.dumb-ass Leftie, blah, blah,
All you need to add now is a Clinton remark.....pathetic.

No need for the repitition I already know.:mad:

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2003, 05:13:51 PM »
Originally posted by whgates3
i resent your defamation of mustelids, specificly the weasel, as bloodthirsty. that particular mustelid is an omnivore, and is not bloodthirsty, but happens to eat meat occasionally, as i'd bet, you do & probably in much greater amounts because you probably outweight the average weasel by about 80 kilos, but have i called you bloodthirsty?
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo  
i suggest you pick on cats (carnivore), bats or mosquitoes

....or certain English grey squirrels  ;)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2003, 05:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
Weazel. Do the right thing... you know you want to, and there is still time... throw off the lavender colored glasses, give up the gut-full of acrid bile and the bad breath of defeat.

Give yourself over to the masculine Republican leadership.  :)

Willy doesn't care about you. Daschel, Gore, Hillory and Ted Kennedy don't care about you.

But we do. Come home. Leave that sickening, self-defeating and ineffectual state of mind known as the Democratic Party far behind...

Come Home. Finally - to your place in the sun as a true Republican Man. :)

Hehe, weazel will probably join the Republican or Democratic party when someone takes the Constitution from his dead, cold hands.
Just assuming here  :D
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2003, 05:55:30 PM »
Come Home. Finally - to your place in the sun as a true Republican Man

Ah, you mean if you're in the upper 5% and you get good tax breaks. You mean if you want to make the gap between that 5% and the rest of the people even bigger. Republican's are always about "big business" and making those businesses bigger. I used to work for two Republican brothers. The only reason they voted that way is because their business was going to get bigger tax breaks. By the way, that would break my Democratic heart if they had to pay more in taxes. NOT!

Stony

P.S. G.W.'s oil buddies in Texas are the ones probably egging him on to attack Iraq so they can get their oil even cheaper.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2003, 05:59:24 PM »
Hehe, weazel will probably join the Republican or Democratic party when someone takes the Constitution from his dead, cold hands.

You never know. Weazel is a smart guy.

People have been known to change their views with increasing life experience.

I really think Weazel has some worthy conservative traits... its in there, inside him, wanting to express itself like a hidden gene... but he won't allow it to manifest.

Weazel, if you are out there, I want you to contact a very good friend of mine who would be happy to reach out a hand of conservative welcome to you:

Welcome  :)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I'm too conservative to be a Republican Gunthr.
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2003, 08:41:12 PM »
And what  SaburoS said too.

:cool:

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2003, 12:41:06 AM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
You never know. Weazel is a smart guy.

Yes he is very smart. Smarter than most of you are giving him credit for. Until either the Democratic or Republican Party goes through a complete overhaul, then maybe, just maybe he'll join. Until then, don't hold your breath.  ;)

Offline whgates3

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2003, 12:53:54 AM »
...hillary goes to heaven...LOL!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2003, 08:51:41 AM »
Gscholz - I understand what you say, but wouldn't have that escalated the situation into a full blown conflict where any idiot with a rifle would be taking pot shots at UN personnel? If the UN forces suddenly went onto the offensive with a full blown fire-fight at Srebrenica - wouldn't such an outcome been inevitable? What would the civilian casualties have been like? How could the Dutch troops defend a compound that was filled to the brim with refugees? Could the UN troops have lasted a day? How could airstrikes aid the Dutch once they were locked in a fire-fight at close quarters?

I agree on the loss of life to UN personnel aspect affecting UN decision making.

The truth of the matter is that you can't hope to have an armed, neutral posture in a war zone. Peacekeepers should be depolyed to keep the peace once established, not try and enforce it while obeying rules of engagement that doom them to failure.

BTW - did you get my email... are you ok to dual tonight? :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2003, 09:24:15 AM »
Sounds like a porked situation all round - there was no political will to commit to do doing the job properly, so the member states involved allowed the situation to persist and glossed over the fact that the UN was technically at war with all the protagonists. Well, thanks for the insight.

BTW, choose your weapon carefully... you should know I am highly regarded among the C-47 aces of AH. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2003, 09:28:27 AM »
Dowding accepting the full impact of your argument leads to what happend at srebrenica, basically the Dutch UN not taking sides and not doing anything because they migh get hurt while knowing for certain what would happend to the refugees they abandoned. And plese dont tell me they didnt have intel by July 1995 that serb armies were commiting genocide since 1991 on the Bosnian and/or Croatian populations. And thats why I hate them particularly so for this incident and in general resent the UN.

A sad miserable episode in UN, Dutch and European history.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2003, 09:47:49 AM »
I have a question for you, Grunherz. You left Croatia in 1987 or 1988 (IIRC), years before the general war in the Balkans. You're an adult now. Why don't you go back and help rebuild your country, instead of perching yourself atop an ivory tower in a country far away from your homeland, castigating those who tried to help?

A sad miserable episode in UN, Dutch and European history.

Let's not forget Balkan history in that little story of woe. Let's not lose sight of the fact that it was Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian fingers pulling the triggers and lighting the fires.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 09:50:47 AM by Dowding »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2003, 10:05:39 AM »
I'm an American more than a Croatian, most of that country has died in me I really dont think I could live there anymore regardlesss of economics or the beuty of our adriatic sea.

And I know it's our fault, we started it because the country went downhill econmoically when the loans ran out - the country was not econmically viable because of communism. Then we just turned from focusing on that to bashing each other because of supposed past injustices and voila 250,000 dead...

I dont like the UN because the only things they were really effective at and seemingly committed to 100% was an arms blokade which made it incredibly difficult for croats and bosnians to defendthemselves against the serb dominated JNA which was one of the larger ground armies in the world at the time and ivading and shelling our homes- my huse was almost blown up and took several mortar hits. The other was maintaining cease fire lines from i think 1992 to that summer of 1995 which guaranteed the serb armies 1/3 of croatia and 1/2 of bosnia through illegal conquest.

I'm just mad at the way the UN acted and the indecisive way they they went about it. Like it or not there was a principal bad guy, and i know you brits have an affinity for serbia like the germans have for croatia but even you have to admit the clear main agressor and warcriminal was serbia. The UN never allowed itsef to recognize this until far too late and only near the end of the war if ever.