Author Topic: wtf is wrong with the French?  (Read 2985 times)

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
wtf is wrong with the French?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 02:57:59 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
 The French will do anything to avoid getting involved in any kind war. At the same time, they are harbouring some dillusions of grandeur, probably longing back to  long lost times when they could actually influence stuff outside their own borders.

Surrender, surrender, mutiny and troops refusing to attack, win anyway due to massive help from allies that are forced to fight for france while the french troops are refusing to attack, surrender, surrender, create myth of brave resistance fighters, send in foreign legion but surrender anyway, surrender again, send in UN troops, avoid conflict, avoid conflict, send in foregin legion and surrender anyway, avoid conflict, sell arms to mad dictators to avoid conflict, appease mad dictators, blame UN, blame US, veto any war against mad dictators.

That's a superficial and very  partial summary of years of French History and Culture; what kind of history books have you read???

:eek:
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2003, 03:00:58 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Nice ode to the french ressistance and other french that fought and died on allied side.

All five of them?

Or more seriously. You are aware that there were plenty of Frenchmen who fought on the German side too...right? Not only the Waffen SS volounteers, but also the Vichy troops.

As for the French resistance...if you take a closer look at
a) what they actually did during the war, and
b) how many french that claimed after the war that they were part of the resistance,

you will note a similar pattern as in Germany regarding who were nazis and who were not...draw your own conclusions from that.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2003, 03:04:01 PM »
Yeah so what did sweden actualy?
Never heard of them since the viking wars
LOL

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2003, 03:04:43 PM »
AHHHH, Now I understand. You must draw conclusions as opposed to using facts.

TROLL ALERT !!!!
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2003, 03:05:58 PM »
Originally posted by Ping
AHHHH, Now I understand.

LOL
...lie of the decade.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2003, 03:06:15 PM »
approx. 1,300,000 dead Frenchmen.

That was in WWI. Did you forget that little skirmish Steve?

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2003, 03:07:56 PM »
:(  
Shuffles away
:(
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2003, 03:08:09 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
approx. 1,300,000 dead Frenchmen.

That was in WWI. Did you forget that little skirmish Steve?

No its right there between "surrender" and "mutiny and troops refusing to attack, win anyway due to massive help from allies that are forced to fight for france while the french troops are refusing to attack"

You HAVE heard about the great mutiny in the French army right?

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 03:10:05 PM »
Hmm..I wonder what Chuck Yeager would say about the French Resistance?
Hmm
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2003, 03:17:35 PM »
I'm with the French on this one too, going into Iraq will be a big mistake imho. And as for casualties I'd be more concerned about civilians then military.

As for the weapons for mass distruction, what about North Korea? No ones willing to rush into their as they know too well they'll get a very bloody nose.  

At the end of the day it's all about oil.

...-Gixer

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 03:21:05 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
I'm with the French on this one too, going into Iraq will be a big mistake imho. And as for casualties I'd be more concerned about civilians then military.

As for the weapons for mass distruction, what about North Korea? No ones willing to rush into their as they know too well they'll get a very bloody nose.  

At the end of the day it's all about oil.

...-Gixer

No, its about doing one thing at a time.

Where is the misstake with taking out Saddam? I dont get it. Here we have a mad dictator willing and able to use B&C and you want to do ...what? Take his weapons away?

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2003, 03:27:24 PM »
Hort: perhaps you havent caught the news showing who gave him those weapons and who approved their use against those targets in the past.
In the Criminal Justice system, Doesnt a capital punishment verdict require the Proof and then the approval of the court?
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2003, 03:29:09 PM »
well ... I'm calm enougth read that
(I've just got my AH fix for the night I'm still a bit high )

Speaking of genetic pool what do you think of your current king genes ?(or Queen I'm not sure)

Concernining cowardise you obviouly don't know our history :(

Read more books and learn

You have the chance to live in a country were you don't have a war memorial in each town each village and a diddlying abnormal number of graveyard of soldier of a lot of country on you own soil.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2003, 03:30:11 PM »
Fear Not Straffo, we got your back :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2003, 03:31:13 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
- As a GENERAL rule, avoiding war IS a GOOD thing.
[/b]
Why? Doesnt it depend on why you go to war? (If yes, then the general statement becomes pointless.)

- Chamberlain did NOT avoid war, that's the whole point!
[/b]
My point exactly. No matter how much you try to avoid war by playing nice or using diplomacy, at the end of the it will be the mad dictator sitting across the table who decides whether you will live in peace or have a war.

Saddam is many things, but not insane. Who get to decide who, when and where need to be "taken out". And do they have the right to do so.
[/b]
Kinda like arguing that Hitler was not insane. Whether that might be technically true or false is irrelevant. Saddam is a murdering, torturing f*cking mad man who has used chemical weapons against his own population, as well as his enemis (Iran). Whether you like it or not, this guy is as insane as they come, right up there with Hitler, Stalin, Pop Pot and Mao.

Right now I trust the judgement of the US regarding who deserves to be taken out. As for what right they have, you better believe they have the right to kill that f*ckhead (Saddam). In fact, I see it more as an obligation. Saddam MUST be removed before he can cause any more harm.

You forget who you are talking about here. He is funding, aiding and arming various terrorist organisations. He has B&C, he is looking for N. If we would just take the French approach and put our head in the sand, it is just a matter of time before he (and thus also alot of terrorist organizations) start using NBC in their "holy war" against the western world.

- Ask the British/Argentineans and Israel/Arab neighbors what they think of French weaponry.
[/b]
But I was talking about French soldiers.

- Yes I'm Norwegian. I could name whole squadrons and merchant fleets of them. And before you mention Karl Gustav XII, The Great Swedish Warrior King, whom you Swedes have named nearly ALL your weapons after just remember; WE killed him in the battle for Fredriksten fortress. :D

Actually, pretty much all the current research indicates it was a Swedish officer that killed him. The bullet that killed the king was a button from a Swedish officers uniform.

As for the whole squadrons and merchant fleets of Norwegian heroes, I take that answer as a "no".