Author Topic: Complete Military history of France  (Read 1995 times)

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
Complete Military history of France
« on: February 06, 2003, 03:55:25 PM »
The Complete Military History of France

Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare: "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians. Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War - Tied

War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu.

Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare: "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »
:rolleyes:

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 04:09:55 PM »
Funked- every time you post a " :rolleyes: ", God kills a kitten.

But there really is no need for these kinds of posts. France may not agree with Bush in regards to Iraq, but I highly doubt they will stand in the way militarily. Same with Germany and Russia. It's their peregotive in what they want to get involved in and what they don't want to get involved in. Just because they don't want to be part of this doesn't mean they are losers or bad people.
-SW

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 04:20:16 PM »
As fun as it is to make fun of the French, you can't dismiss the fact that they were a world power for a few hundred years.  

And as for the American Revolution, I'm grateful for the help they gave us.  We needed all the help we could get.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2003, 04:29:04 PM »
pathetic :mad:

thank for your kind post sw it helped me remember that not all American are french basher (in the same way that not all french are American basher)

I regognise that currently I'm doing more American-bashing than usualy because all that threads about Iraq I read on the BBS are getting on my nerves.
In fact I think I'm a bit embittered and should have left the O'club for at least one week otherwise I'll end writing something I'll regret later.
and thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 04:46:00 PM by straffo »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2003, 04:38:45 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
pathetic :rolleyes:

Yep damn pathetic record there... :D

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: Complete Military history of France
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2003, 04:39:15 PM »
Originally posted by T0J0
The Complete Military History of France
World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

That is funny as toejam man LOL

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2003, 04:39:29 PM »
T0J0, why dont you tell this joke to a French SpecOPS operative, or Foreign Legion soldier, and we'll see how brave You are.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2003, 04:46:15 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
I find the use of the rolleyes smiley idiotic. The poster who uses it is instantly regarded as mindless and incapable of formulating a real and viable argument.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 04:57:42 PM »
The Napoleonic wars weren't just won by one man. He had the best cavalry in the world and the Imperial Guard terrified the bejeezus out of anyone who had to stand and fight them. This is mainly because they would form into a huge column of several thousand men and slowly walk towards the enemy lines, in the face of musket fire, roundshot and grapeshot. They would never stop, just close up ranks and push on, all the while shouting 'Vive L'Emperor!'.

Only once were they actually turned back - and that was at Waterloo, which Wellington himself called a 'close run thing'. If it weren't for the timely, but unexpected arrival of the Prussians on Napoleons exposed flank Napoleon would have won the battle and history would be very different.

Before Waterloo, the French armies destroyed all in their way. Russian, Austrian, Spanish, British - it didn't matter. They threw the British out of Spain in 1809, and only started losing ground because of the partisan war and the arrival of Wellesley on the scene.

The 'joke' about WW1 is particularly stupid. I'm sure if anyone joked about the deaths of American servicemen, there'd be uproar around here. But because it's the French, you can piss all over the graves of nearly 2 million Frenchmen. How very amusing.

Then there's the small issue of Free French voluteers fighting all over the globe in WW2. Funny material, I know. Yeah, those resistance fighters are good material for a laugh too.

Tosspiece.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 04:59:20 PM »
oh, my god... fluffy just rolled over and croaked.

gawddammit, they killed fluffy!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 05:02:51 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
T0J0, why dont you tell this joke to a French SpecOPS operative, or Foreign Legion soldier, and we'll see how brave You are.

It's still funny.  Stereotypes don't work if you break them down person by person.

I am sure there are some really intelligent and thoughtful farmers in the southern USA, but that is no reason to dispense with redneck jokes.

Me, I am just a stupid american and I am sure in the eyes of the french I hold my cigarrettes incorrectly, but to me the french government has always seemed to be a bunch of whiny snots.

France, for all of its accomplishments pretends to a level of prestige I don't believe has been earned.  

Of course like I said, I am just a stupid american.

...it must suck to not be allowed to sell SH exocets and mirages anymore.

F.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 05:07:48 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Everyone already knows you are idiotic and incapable of a viable arguement.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 05:09:56 PM »
Look.. I ain't dancing around the fire, skipping and war whooping and waving my tomahawk with glee over the destruction of the French..

Yet.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2003, 05:12:35 PM »
You don't support my country's war against Iraq and now I make fun of your country... neener neener.

Yep, maturity is at an all-time high in this thread.

Daniel