Author Topic: AH loses a subscription..  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
AH loses a subscription..
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2003, 12:28:04 PM »
LMAO @ Fishu.

You should see his ranting and raving at CRS in the Axis forums.

Fishu you are a two faced liar, I've seen some of your posts, especially the ones about Panhards, and aircraft balances, in the WW2OL Axis forums.

Sit down and STFU.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2003, 12:44:09 PM »
Reason I fly aces high,

The pilots, most of the pilots here are nice, and use teamwork, and then there is the ability to up a big mission, and a beach invasion, oh how I miss the combat theater...
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2003, 12:44:21 PM »
Originally posted by Fishu

Amazing how AH community has became so enclosed during the years.
Some people in here can't even accept the fact of someones preferring WWIIOL over AH... nor an another sim for that matter.

"There can be only one true god, it is paganism to believe in existance of other gods" - AH community 2003.

Its a damed good think that this comuntiy doenst care about your opinion of the game we play or this comunity. Why not stay over there and build your own comunity and forget about this one that you have abandoned? What gain to you to post here?

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2003, 01:40:24 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Its a damed good think that this comuntiy doenst care about your opinion of the game we play or this comunity. Why not stay over there and build your own comunity and forget about this one that you have abandoned? What gain to you to post here?

You going 3rd world on us Pongo or have you taken up coding?

Possible answers:

A) See Senior

B) 1

:D

Offline hardcase2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2003, 03:25:29 PM »
There are 5 lift points along each wing(may be more) they are damaged, flight surfaces are damaged. Props, oil, water, hydraulics can be damaged. Fire damage spreads correctly now. You can lose flying ability by simply taking hits along the wings. There is more damage than that which is seen.

Assumption number 3 is in error.

Some leave,  some arrive. Seems that the player base is growing.

The test netcode was just that, a test. They did not add bandwidth to run it. I don't think money is the problem..

assumption 5 is debateable since neither of us knows for sure.

Trilla..it at least does have trucks. Someone lagged out driving.

I have yet to see the post where someone say ww2ol is better than AH. WW2OL flight portion is still that, only a portion. Things lacking will be fixed.

HC^2

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2003, 03:42:46 PM »
Originally posted by Lizard3
You going 3rd world on us Pongo or have you taken up coding?

Possible answers:

A) See Senior

B) 1

:D

I is a coder..been one for over a decade.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2003, 05:56:01 AM »
Originally posted by hardcase2

The test netcode was just that, a test. They did not add bandwidth to run it. I don't think money is the problem..

Actually that net-code doubled the trafic and IIRC Killer himself said it would be too expensive for CRS to use it.

Offline Walker42

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2003, 07:45:29 AM »
Hardcase2,

Sorry about forgetting the lift points on the wing.   I don't know why I forgot them.  I have limped home playing allied with half a wing missing lift.  

Actually damaging them with out a 20mm cannon is very debatable.     Some have put over 300 .303 rounds into a wing with no adverse effects to that wing.  

If anyone wants to look up the old posts that have fallen off of the wwii Online forums.  Here's the rather hard to find search page.    http://www.ww2olsearch.com/

Staga's right on the money too.   The Rats did verify that the beta netcode was too expensive to add to the game without increasing subscription price.     Also there was a pretty big difference in the way Aircraft took damage with that netcode.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2003, 05:26:46 PM »
different stroke for different folks.
there's no way to please everyone...some will gravitate to eye-candy, some want game play, some don't care as long as they can blow toejam up.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2003, 06:35:54 PM »
My perfect world would be both eye-candy AND gameplay....in Virtual Reality...

With troops!....Oh real ground warfare!

I guess what I'm asking for is Everything WWIIOL promised, but did not deliver, with all the things AH has delivered.

Does that make any sense? I think I just confused myself!

Offline Walker42

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2003, 08:46:22 PM »
Ya, it makes sense.

Sounds to me like AH2 with some Infantry, and more ground vehicles.

Why is it every time I see a WWII Online player on here promoting WWII Online.  I want to say "Please read the AH manual, and find all the things that you've been dreaming of being added to WWII Online. "

Probably, because I was in shock when I read it.   I was like,  "No way!",   "These are features to be added SOON right?"    I seriously did not believe it, and had to test them out.   Then I read about AH2.