Author Topic: Fighter Town  (Read 4034 times)

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: Fighter Town
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2003, 01:27:30 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
There's a damn tank town on trinity, why can't we have a fighter town on any upcoming maps?

I've been working on one for the last month or so. I do have to admit that the constant whine coming from Lazs about trinity does make it a bit discouraging.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Fighter Town
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2003, 01:35:29 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
I've been working on one for the last month or so. I do have to admit that the constant whine coming from Lazs about trinity does make it a bit discouraging.

Awwww don`t let Lez discourage you. He only has one line of thought, he just can`t remember where he put it. :p
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2003, 05:57:49 PM »
NB, if trinity reset in a couple days like the rest of the maps, I don't think lazs or myself would complain a whole lot. Three weeks of it is slightly unreasonable.
Army of Muppets

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2003, 06:05:52 PM »
Well hopefully you can see that some people would really like to see that map.

It would be much appreciated.

Trinity was much appreciated by many.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2003, 10:18:54 PM »
I've been working on one for the last month or so./QUOTE]

Can you post a pix of what u got going?..Would love to see it.

**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Fighter Town
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2003, 11:17:34 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
NB, if trinity reset in a couple days like the rest of the maps, I don't think lazs or myself would complain a whole lot. Three weeks of it is slightly unreasonable.

WRat...

I realize that and told Lazs the first time that he complained about it that I would do my best to address the problems he has in the future. Obviously to no avail.

Originally posted by SirLoin
Can you post a pix of what u got going?..Would love to see it.

SirLoin...

I'm not really ready to go public with it yet. HT has approved the concept (which means I'm not wasting my time working on it :D). I will tell you what I am going to try to do.

The central area will be similar to tank town. Large city in the middle and each country starting with a gv field within driving distance of it. Instead of having secondary gv fields behind the primary ones, I plan on having airfields. I want to disable bombers and ordinance at these fields (have to talk to HT and make sure it's possible to do both).

For the rest of the map, I want to try stacked zones with a progressively greater distance between fields. The idea being to make field captures progressively harder.

The terrain I am using is real world based. Unfortunately, the real world average alt for this area is only about 650 feet (but, it has really great water :D). At this point, the base terrain is done (though I still have a lot of smoothing and coastline tweaking to do). Right now, I am trying to determine where to add some mountains (average alt will hopefully be 10k or less). When I finish with that and decide how I am going to lay the zones out, I will be ready to post a graphic.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2003, 11:27:33 PM »
A plea before it is finalized.

Without bombers or ord, the GV's are essentially safe from air attack. That is absolutely fine by me. Let the tread guys have their fun.

Please put a bloody moat around the Tank Town however, so that the GV's don't pork the Fighter Town aspect. I would also disable GV's at Fighter Town bases and keep all spawn points for GV's off the Fighter Town side of the moat.

Something for everyone, eh? Tank Town free of air attack, Fighter Town free of GV's and the world outside this Shangri-La a free for all that includes all features for the rest of the players.

Just my .02. Thanks, NB.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2003, 05:27:07 AM »
Sounds great! I'm all for it, would love a good constant furball as an escape from all the.. annoying stuff that wouldnt be in FT :D

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2003, 05:44:39 AM »
YES!

For fighter town.

With luck, AH2 will mean the death of strat in AH classic.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2003, 06:11:46 AM »

For the rest of the map, I want to try stacked zones with a progressively greater distance between fields. The idea being to make field captures progressively harder.

Good idea!If this map is a huge Isle's map with FT center isle and lots of CV's...I'm sending you over a case..:)
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2003, 06:20:40 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
With luck, AH2 will mean the death of strat in AH classic.

Just curious, how do you figure that?
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2003, 06:34:42 AM »
"Just curious, how do you figure that?"

Because the "misshun lemmings" and the "it's a war!" hamsters will more than likely all be in the shiney new mishun arena where they can score lots of valuble points and win stuff.

I've been doing this for five years now. I don't fly around in a virtual spit because I think I can win a war; or earn loads of points, I do it because I actualy enjoy the act of virtual air to air combat in of and by it's self; and strat, field capture, field porkage and assault by overwhelming numbers get in the way of that.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2003, 07:41:37 AM »
*Mishun Lemmin*

Death to the hamsters!

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2003, 08:14:01 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
"Just curious, how do you figure that?"

Because the "misshun lemmings" and the "it's a war!" hamsters will more than likely all be in the shiney new mishun arena where they can score lots of valuble points and win stuff.

I've been doing this for five years now. I don't fly around in a virtual spit because I think I can win a war; or earn loads of points, I do it because I actualy enjoy the act of virtual air to air combat in of and by it's self; and strat, field capture, field porkage and assault by overwhelming numbers get in the way of that.

IMHO I just haven`t seen anything mentioned  that would interest the majority hardcore MA pilot planned for ToD (mission arena). I don`t think most of the MA players will get into the "jump through the hoop for a bone" format. I do believe it will interest the "gamers" and 2 weekers, which would be great for the MA. Not even gonna go into the "virtual spit" thingy. :D  I`ve been doing it a might longer than 5 years. I`m looking for to the new graphics engine for classic.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Fighter Town
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2003, 09:55:04 AM »
"Awwww don`t let Lez discourage you. He only has one line of thought, he just can`t remember where he put it. "

yeah jakal... and your whole line of thought is dependant on mine.  without me... you don't even have anything to say....  now that must really suck for you.

no baddy.... don't even know who you are... real drag that I effect you so much tho.   You may have noticed that more than a couple of people have "mentioned" that the fields were a "little" far apart and that there was no place for early war planes and... well... that... infinity is stale as hell and so is every big map that comes out... seems the bigger the map... the less there is for early war planes... doesn't that seem a little odd?  

like I said... don't know who you are but if you  are the guy responsible for infinity then you deserve to have somebody who flys furballs get under your skin.... heck... if you didn't have a guilty conscience it wouldn't bother ya.   If I was wrong it wouldn't bother ya.   If it slows you down that I comment .... then.... I don't know what to tell ya bud...  It sure can't be that yu spend so much time countering my whines..  Maybe you could hire ol "one track jakal" for that chore and free up some of your time?
lazs
lazs