Author Topic: Comparison: Berlin 1989 vs Baghdad 2003  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Comparison: Berlin 1989 vs Baghdad 2003
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2003, 11:39:34 AM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Like I ALSO said, that's not our style.

Quit rattling your sabre.  I agree, USSR was a proud and powerful nation.

Russia is a 3rd world dung heap.  Their military sucks.  Their equipment sucks.  They can't even beat the Chechs.

Surely, with "the land of free" helping Chechens (they are Chechens, and the province is called Chechnya, try to remember it) and protecting their shelters it's hard to find all the mercenaries left there. Remember, Russia doesn't want it's oil companies to suck Chechen oil and "liberate' them. We just want to stop terrorism, murders, robberies, kidnapping and slavery.

I don't care what you call us, we can be the fourth-world backwards barbarians, but at least we don't bomb independant countries to support drug-dealing gangsters. It is not OUR style.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2003, 11:43:22 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda

I don't care what you call us, we can be the fourth-world backwards barbarians, but at least we don't bomb independant countries to support drug-dealing gangsters. It is not OUR style.

Nope, you just bomb "Chechen" villages and towns.  You have no problem killing women and children, as long as you think noone is looking.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2003, 11:48:21 AM »
Nope, you just bomb "Chechen" villages and towns.  You have no problem killing women and children, as long as you think noone is looking.

Numbers and facts please.

2500 Chechen civilians were killed or are missing after 2 campains.

About the same number as Yugoslavs "pacified" by your glorious aerial bandits in 1999 in a matter of weeks.

I just wonder how many of Chechen civilians were the victims of Evil Russians who eat little children for breakfast. Surely, terrorists cutting fingers from hostages and cutting throats of Russian civilians for fun can not be blamed.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2003, 11:50:06 AM »
MiniD, do you really think that US forces are in Europe only for charity?... :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: all you want boroda.  Rhetorical questions are not going to make you look any less foolish on this one.  You used the term "occupying".  Please, find a single country in Europe that uses that term to describe our forces over there.  And please, once again, provide me with ONE SINGLE POLICE ACTION INVOLVING THE US MILITARY IN ANY SOVEREIGN NATION IN WESTERN EUROPE.  Europe is not an American province.
Americans are practical people. I doubt they act out of altruistic motivations in this case.

In fact I wish our "Kremlin dreamers" could use 10% of American practicism. :(
We all do.

MiniD

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2003, 11:54:46 AM »
About the same number as Yugoslavs "pacified" by your glorious aerial bandits in 1999 in a matter of weeks.
Damn boroda... this is the best you can do?  I'm sorry that the mean ol U.S. got involved with the good ol Eastern European tradition of genocide.  My God... look at all the innocent casualties that resulted from us stopping one population from whiping out another.  Oh my... the horror.

If only we'd let things be like Russia, we could have just patiently let things work themselves out.  Eventually, one side would have completely killed off the other and the situation would have subsided.

MiniD

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2003, 11:58:17 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
:rolleyes: all you want boroda.  Rhetorical questions are not going to make you look any less foolish on this one.  You used the term "occupying".  Please, find a single country in Europe that uses that term to describe our forces over there.  And please, once again, provide me with ONE SINGLE POLICE ACTION INVOLVING THE US MILITARY IN ANY SOVEREIGN NATION IN WESTERN EUROPE.  Europe is not an American province. MiniD

I didn't use the term "occupant" towards American forces in Europe. "Occupation" is a term clearly defined in International laws.

I can use this term only if you say that Soviet Army occupied Europe, because your understanding of it means that American forces fall under it too. Hmm. I have hard time explaining what I mean. ;)

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2003, 11:59:38 AM »

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2003, 12:02:21 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Damn boroda... this is the best you can do?  I'm sorry that the mean ol U.S. got involved with the good ol Eastern European tradition of genocide.  My God... look at all the innocent casualties that resulted from us stopping one population from whiping out another.  Oh my... the horror.

If only we'd let things be like Russia, we could have just patiently let things work themselves out.  Eventually, one side would have completely killed off the other and the situation would have subsided.

MiniD

The number of victims of Kosovo "conflict" has reached 300 from both sides when NATO started an agression killing 10 times more and turning a province of an independant state into a terrorist anclave.

Can you tell me how many Serbs are left in Kosovo now?

JFYI: in Autumn 1998 US Senate declared KLA a terrorist organisation. Less then half-year later US starts an operation to help it fight Yuoslavian police forces.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2003, 12:03:58 PM »
http://www.hrw.org/reports/2002/russchech/
http://www.kafkas.org.tr/english/Ajans/ekim%202001/26.10.2001%20Russia%20kills%20civilian%20population.htm
http://www.amina.com/war/brunostevens.html
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/chechnya991127.html
http://www.warblogging.com/archives/000289.php

etc etc.

I also threw the last one in there, because I thought it was interesting that you'd kill your own people as well.

Nice job collecting terrorist propaganda.

Martlet, unfortunately you have chosen the wrong side in a "war against terrorism".

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2003, 12:05:29 PM »
Nice job collecting terrorist propaganda.

Martlet, unfortunately you have chosen the wrong side in a "war against terrorism".

Since when is ABC "terrorist propaganda"?  

AND

Any side opposing the Russian's is bound to win.

Offline mauser

• Nickel Member
Re: What price, Freedom?
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2003, 12:05:39 PM »
This is something that never changes... saying goodbye to your
loved ones and not seeing them for six months or a year.  
Folks missing the birth of their child, or their child's first words...
baseball games, recitals, etc.  That's a pretty big sacrifice to me.  
Sabre, good post.

mauser

Originally posted by Sabre
But I spoke of other sacrifice as well, sacrifice that stops short of death, but is nonetheless real and measurable.  Ever pull a yearlong remote tour above the Arctic Circle, or spent years away from everything familiar and dear to you?  Ever bivouac in barren desert wastelands, or stare through barbed wire across a no-man’s land at a hostile army?  Do you know what it’s like to stand on the ice-encrusted bridge of your ship, tossed about the waters of the Barrent Straights, and wonder if you’d be home in time to see your child born (and wondering if your wife would get tired of waiting and leave you before your six-month long deployment ends)?  Ever sit a 24-hour watch, deep in the bowels of the earth, and wonder if the world you knew when you rode the elevator down to the missile launch control capsule would still exist when at last your shift was ended?  

What know you of the sacrifice made by others, so that democracy and freedom would not fade from this earth?  Little, I should think.

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2003, 12:08:57 PM »
damn hijackers...

oh well.  Nice post Sabre

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2003, 12:09:01 PM »
you guys quick picking on poor Boroda... he's frightened enough already.

let him watch his own "comfort" propoganda if it makes him feel safer.  What do we care?
we sure as hell don't give a crap about Russia, or it's lands, or it's (ahem) "riches"....

LOL he still thinks America is a country full of Cowboys from Hollywood, or we're all Evil and practice the occult and plan on eating his children when we take over the world.

I'd be willing to be he still belives Iraq's minister of dis-information was telling the truth

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2003, 12:14:38 PM »
I didn't use the term "occupant" towards American forces in Europe. "Occupation" is a term clearly defined in International laws.
LOL!

OK.. you used the term "invade" in defense of your country and our military.  Tell me how there can be invasion without occupation boroda.

Then... go back to hiding behind technicalities.  Act as if the governments of Eastern Europe were not puppet governments held in place by the threat of military response.
I can use this term only if you say that Soviet Army occupied Europe, because your understanding of it means that American forces fall under it too. Hmm. I have hard time explaining what I mean. ;)
No... you can't.  American presence in Europe and Soviet presence in Eastern Europe are in no way the same thing.  Not even remotely Boroda.  The fact that you even try to draw similarities is simply ludicrous.

Let's put it this way...

How many governments in Europe completely changed when American forces were pulled out of their country?  Please, find one.  We do not have troops in every European nation.  We do not have sovereign rights in any European nation.  Surely you can see the difference boroda.  You can't be that obtuse.

MiniD
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 12:30:44 PM by Mini D »