Author Topic: main arena changes  (Read 1770 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
main arena changes
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2003, 07:53:38 AM »
I don't want to stay on any on (or two) maps most of the time.  We should have equal time for all maps.   If that means a 3 or 4 or 5  or 7 day rotation that is fine with me.
lazs

Offline Torthaos

• Zinc Member
main arena changes
« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2003, 09:47:42 AM »
Everyone has their idea of the perfect setting and as such no one can aggree. I do enjoy furballs but i also enjoy missions which there arent enough of. PPl are to busy furballin to land and take a base. With the map rotation set to a week I see fewer missions cause ppl tend to say well if we win whats the point the map resets and thats it. Last night i flew missions to strafe dar and bases and flew troops and supplies problem was no one would help take a base cause they would rather fight by themselves or would have 6 ppl to a fighter. One way or another I dont think switching to a week was a good thing it gets dull and the game is now less team work and more of go on ur own and if a buddy is there u may get help.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
main arena changes
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2003, 02:23:18 PM »
The biggest downside to come of all of this is that the players no longer control resets. For a lot of people, this seems to make the game pointless. But, the reality of the situtation is that all of this means precisely what it meant before the rotation thing....nothing . It is all perception. Alter the way you view the game and you will have a lot more fun :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Don

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2003, 11:28:16 AM »
>>does anyone know of a good "realistic" online war game?<<

Define "realistic"
:rolleyes:

Offline Don

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2003, 11:42:28 AM »
>>everyone is saying the goal of the game is to "have fun" like its some frikin revalation.well,thats not the goal.thats the"reason"to play.in fact there is now no goal to the game.so if its all supposed to be about haveing fun,and thats such a great thing,then lets do it to all games.<<

Sqwigly:

Fun is important for me. I like ww2 combat flight sims. It gives me something to do after work, or when I have some free time; which is practically never. I don't fly for 12 hours, I may fly for 2 or 3 hours every couple of days.  I enjoy defending or, attacking along with other Rooks and my squadmates.  We make the "goals" up as we  go along, and the goals change every day; depending who is logged on.  But, for me it is fun to participate in an effort or, depending on the day and how I'm feeling, I just wanna go up and get a few kills.
A game is a GAME, and whoever plays will have fun or get some other kind of satisfaction, which they view as a kind of fun.
My oldest son plays basketball. He has grown addicted to it; it is practically all he thinks about. He has fun when he does well at it, and will be bothered when he doesn't do so well. Fun is also when he can dominate his opponents and win. Yes, winning is fun. He doesn't have to play basketball, he can play something else but, he chooses to play basketball while, many of his friends don't play.
If you like AH or ww2 air combat sims in an online environment, I suggest you choose the kind of FUN you want to have with the game, and go after it. Hell man, enjoy yourself.