Author Topic: main arena changes  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2003, 10:16:39 AM »
yeah, Rutilant, the DA is the place to go for furballers.  I swear there are 50 people in there every night for the glorious furball!

oh yeah...  killshooter being off and free everything makes for a good furball.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
main arena changes
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2003, 10:22:50 AM »
the solutions are all pretty simple and will eventually happen.. if they don't, the vets will leave in boredom and when the slow thinkers eventually figure out that they are on some hamster wheel of building battling they will wander off with a whimper too.  sadly... they won't even figure out why the game isn't fun anymore.
lazs

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Re: okay
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2003, 10:33:36 AM »
Originally posted by sqwigly
well thats all really interesting but since you guys dont seem to care about the game format much,can some one at least tell me what the point of the game is now?

Umm...to have fun?

What do I win?

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
main arena changes
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2003, 10:37:47 AM »
Nifty - No one's gonna go in there if no one does anything to attract attention to it.. Take your squad, tell the MA, "Hey, my squad is goin to the DA for a furball, anyone wanna join us?"

If you (the furballers) are so desperate for a strat-free environment  then if the opportunity arises, they should jump at it - unless they just like to complain. Want Killshooter on? tell HTC! It takes all of 5 seconds for them to turn it on.

Lazs2 - Just because you don't find it fun doesnt mean it isnt fun to others. The 'building battlers' in the war were absolutely nessacarry (excuse my spelling), and some of us actually do play for the bit of historical accuracy that there is.

You may be disillusioned but it isnt your duty to do the same to the rest of us.

But why bother? You can't change anything, right?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2003, 10:40:44 AM by Rutilant »

Offline Tara52nd

• Zinc Member
main arena changes
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2003, 11:07:36 AM »
Originally posted by SixxGunn
Why couldnt they just go back to the old format (Win the war the terrain auto rotates).

But also do a manual terrain reset on Fri like now.

That way you win the war the map rotates, but no map will be up for longer than a week.

That makes perfect sense. Please don't let us be stuck on the Uterus Map for a week when it comes up in the current rotation. I know there have been a lot of complaints about the Trinity map and I know it takes significantly longer to capture and rotate out, but I also believe there has been a great deal of exaggeration as to the average length of time that it takes to win Trinity.

I like Trinity, but I think SixxGunn has offered a good compromise to make sure we don't stay on any map for longer than a week.

Offline snocone

• Copper Member
the answer to all your problems
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2003, 12:00:03 PM »
its called the Combat Theater

FLAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2003, 12:09:31 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
'winning the war" has allways been pointless...
It's all relative, Lazs. If winning the war is pointless because the map just resets and/or we get a new one right away, then surely getting kills is pointless. The guy you shot just re-ups in a new plane right away.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2003, 01:11:23 PM »
of course when all else fails you can just muck about offline or in ur own hth arena...always funny to be taking down cvs with 1 ping from a .303... can change almost anysetting...

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
main arena changes
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2003, 02:26:33 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
the solutions are all pretty simple...

At least your solution is, which is to play Lazs's way or no way.

The reason why the game isn't fun for you is that you let it be that way, not from anyone else's style of play.  Stop whining about how others play and maybe you might just have some fun but I doubt you will wish leaves me to believe that your fun is derived by sitting in the corner and pouting.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
main arena changes
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2003, 03:01:09 PM »
The whole purpose of AH is the change the map???

I must be stupid in the head.  I thought it was to engage real live humans in virtual ww2 aircraft.  

Personally, I like the 256 maps best.  The increased level of player density make for more action.  More fights in the same amount of time.  Many times these smaller maps were reset without alot of folks even seeing they were up.  HT's change is a good thing.

...and guess what?  If I kill a whole bunch of bad guys and then the bad guys reset the map, I still win.

Offline sqwigly

• Zinc Member
okay,1 more thing
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2003, 05:59:44 PM »
everyone is saying the goal of the game is to "have fun" like its some frikin revalation.well,thats not the goal.thats the"reason"to play.in fact there is now no goal to the game.so if its all supposed to be about haveing fun,and thats such a great thing,then lets do it to all games.in football,theres no more touch downs,no feild goals,heck no points.just get out there and have fun guys.in soccer,no more goals just kick the ball around and have fun.baseball,no home runs,if you hit it out you gotta do it over.when you get to home theres no point just get in line to go again.sounds fun huh?sounds like practice to me,so whens the big game?
 yes it is a big hamster wheel,but so is life.the only thing that makes it worth running is feeling like you accomplished something when its done.for those of you that think just flying around shooting at things is fine for this game,thats fine.most likely you only play a few hours a week so your not really even part of this game.but many who love games like i do,play alot(and still get some sun).and were not happy to see our favorite game turn into a huge furball.i know i know,go to the ca or tods or go here or go there.i dont wanna go anywhere.there was a pefectly good game in the ma and now its gone.thats what this is about.now maybe seeing the map change was a small prize, but at least it resembled a goal.when you came on and saw a different map,everyone asked"who won?"now they dont.thats the difference.
 Ive read alot of replies from people who think the game is fine,but all your saying is that the games about fun,and just go shoot people,its fun.but i have yet to see anyone offer a  response based on actuall gameplay points?ive stated whats wrong with the game,so tell me why im wrong.but i dont need to hear"its all about fun".from the sound of your replies,id say ive been having more fun with it than most of you.lets hear some real gameplay points?

this book will soon be available through pressman publishing

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Re: okay,1 more thing
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2003, 07:20:56 PM »
Originally posted by sqwigly
everyone is saying the goal of the game is to "have fun" like its some frikin revalation.well,thats not the goal.thats the"reason"to play.in fact there is now no goal to the game.so if its all supposed to be about haveing fun,and thats such a great thing,then lets do it to all games.in football,theres no more touch downs,no feild goals,heck no points.just get out there and have fun guys.in soccer,no more goals just kick the ball around and have fun.baseball,no home runs,if you hit it out you gotta do it over.when you get to home theres no point just get in line to go again.sounds fun huh?sounds like practice to me,so whens the big game?
 yes it is a big hamster wheel,but so is life.the only thing that makes it worth running is feeling like you accomplished something when its done.for those of you that think just flying around shooting at things is fine for this game,thats fine.most likely you only play a few hours a week so your not really even part of this game.but many who love games like i do,play alot(and still get some sun).and were not happy to see our favorite game turn into a huge furball.i know i know,go to the ca or tods or go here or go there.i dont wanna go anywhere.there was a pefectly good game in the ma and now its gone.thats what this is about.now maybe seeing the map change was a small prize, but at least it resembled a goal.when you came on and saw a different map,everyone asked"who won?"now they dont.thats the difference.
 Ive read alot of replies from people who think the game is fine,but all your saying is that the games about fun,and just go shoot people,its fun.but i have yet to see anyone offer a  response based on actuall gameplay points?ive stated whats wrong with the game,so tell me why im wrong.but i dont need to hear"its all about fun".from the sound of your replies,id say ive been having more fun with it than most of you.lets hear some real gameplay points?

this book will soon be available through pressman publishing

So, I guess what you are trying to say is.....****, I can't figure out what it is you are trying to say.

In your mind, is winning:

A.  Victorious in A2A combat
B.  Blowing up buildings
C.  Winning the war
D.  Making the map change

I think you are trying to say that for you its D.

If I am correct, and pardon me if I am not, that's kinda silly.

F.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2003, 07:53:29 PM »
in my mind winning is getting up there and doing the best damn job you can do doing whatever you do best...even if you get shot down...miss the target...or dont make any real difference in the end you still win because your getting YOUR 15 dollars worth (30 if your canadian...)

Offline Drex

• Nickel Member
main arena changes
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2003, 08:13:26 PM »
We don't need a map....Just a big blue box to fly in.

Drex

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
main arena changes
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2003, 08:19:10 PM »
Good post, Sqwigly.