Author Topic: May I be a voice of calm and reason? (long but give it a read)  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Originally posted by Airhead
Uh.... right Steve, the WW2OL Fanbois who piled it on- guys like AHSUXXORS- were more than gracious. :rolleyes:

Dont you roll your eyes at me young man. Now go wash your eyes with soap.

Three observations
1) Even mr ahsuxxors never thrashed AH in his two posts...you did read them...right?

2) You seem to have forgotten to adress my other observations on your "oh but this is my house"-analogy.

3) Reread the locked thread. Notice anything when it comes to lanugage used, arguments used and general attitude? Some people in this community behave horribly bad, it is a disgrace really.

Offline chaunsey

• Zinc Member
May I be a voice of calm and reason? (long but give it a read)
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2003, 08:35:03 PM »
the fact is ring simply informed you guys about a free trial.

some of you folks decided you wanted to flame wwIIol and even go as far as to personally insult the devs.

the only reason any of us came over to defend the game is because many of you were posting complete lies,or you were talking about bugs or problems that have been gone for months.

if you want to talk about the pro's and con's of either game atleast know your facts,dont lie,and keep it civil.

on our forum just about every interesting game to be released is talked about,even aces high is talked aobut.

i learned about your free trial long ago on our forum and signed up about a week ago.

sadly tho my computer is locking up when i try to play tho that is not due to the game its due to my damn video card fan crapping out:mad:

i really dont understand why you guys could be so angry about a simple post about the game,if it sucks then let players find that out for themselves,dont go polluting thread with lies about it.

to those of you that kept things civil S!,to those that had to hurl insults,grow up.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Originally posted by Hortlund
Dont you roll your eyes at me young man. Now go wash your eyes with soap.

Three observations
1) Even mr ahsuxxors never thrashed AH in his two posts...you did read them...right?

2) You seem to have forgotten to adress my other observations on your "oh but this is my house"-analogy.

3) Reread the locked thread. Notice anything when it comes to lanugage used, arguments used and general attitude? Some people in this community behave horribly bad, it is a disgrace really.

LOL YOUNG man?? Flattery will get you everywhere:)

1) Steve, the clue is in AHSUXXORS' handle. Let's break it down- AH stands for Aces High, and SUX means SUCKS. Thus his handle is a put down of Aces High- AH SUCKS. Get it now?  

2) It's not MY house- it's HTC's house. If it were mine I'd toss pimps for competitive Sims off as soon as they opened their mouths instead of waiting until they spread false information about MY game- especially in light of the fact we aren't allowed to post on their bulletin board.

3) Yeah, some people took the promotion of WW2OL as a slight against AH and yeah, some people were over the top in their rebuttals. Maybe it's because the perception was that we were being "invaded" by a whole bunch of WW2OL Fanbois. Seems like another typical day in The O'Club to me though. FWIW I hope Imsneaky gives AH a shot because he'll find out just how helpful the VAST MAJORITY of AH Vets are when it comes to helping out Newbies.

At any rate I wonder what kind of reaction  the WW2OL Fanbois were expecting. Did they expect us to quit AH en masse and defect to WW2OL? Not going to happen because we have an older player base intrested in flight dynamics, and the fact that planes can land on water ruins the simulation for some of us.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2003, 08:44:33 PM »
Imsneaky,

Please realize that the ones who post here are a small fraction of the playing community.  Most who post are friendly, but it would be unfortunate if certain individuals were considered the voice of AH, due to these few represent the negitive aspect of the community.  You will always detect the same people over and over again posting just to cause hate and discontent.  They have no motive in mind other than to stir the pot hoping to get a reaction to their rampant mumblings.

Overall the AH community is a positive thinking crowd, but there are always bad apples in every bunch.  Just like a bad apple that smells the worst out of the batch, these tend to voice the loudest in a relatively fine community.  

So please do not let a few possibly ruin your participation in a combat flight simulation.  Give it a try.  At least for two months.  

Hell, e-mail me and let me know when you are going to be on.  I'll fly a few missions with ya!

Swager

Oh BTW,  Have a Nice Day    :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 08:48:40 PM by Swager »
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 08:50:59 PM »
Swager,  "Hate and discontent?" Outside of the political threads (which I avoid) I don't see that at all. Really, some of you guys take yourselves far too seriously.

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2003, 09:01:32 PM »
I just dont appreciate the fact that the wwIIol folks can come over here and express their feelings on our bbs but we cant do the same on theres. I wanted to try wwIIol cus I wanted to get the experience and see for myself... But since all your little friends came over here trying to break up a happy home (even tho our happy home is disfunctional) Im not even gonna bother. Plus being new to your game and not in a squad or whatever I doubt anyone would help me anyways. Thats coming from multiple sourses plus reading your bbs awhile ago. With that said...being a military man myself I hope to see you in AH imsneaky but the rest of the punks can............

!!!!!MOVE OUT AND DRAW FIRE!!!!!!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2003, 09:10:49 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
I don't know Sun King, I prefer Mini's posts over your stuffy drivel. Maybe if you removed that stick from your ass...

Hmm don't you live near me.... why don't you come remove it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 09:14:02 PM by SunKing »

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2003, 09:19:57 PM »
Well Airhead, since I did not mention any names and you seem to believe I was implacating you in my comments, it may be that you take yourself more seriously than you imagine.

Sometimes it is best to just sit back and relax.  It actually does wonders.

Have a Nice Day.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline ZeroAce

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2003, 10:00:12 PM »
You dont see any AH'r heading to WW2OL forums and posting a page-long tribute to Aces High and all the wonderful new features every single patch that comes out offers do you? (well, those AH'rs that have WW2OL accounts, CRS does not allow free posting on their forums

I can recall a few times where Ace's High has been talked about. Mentioning the latest patches, or the latest offer...
We welcome discussion about other games relating to WW2 and the simulation market in general.

There were no flames. no resentment.
There was just normal discussion about the game, even a few "hey thanks for letting me know, I fired it up and seems interesting".

In fact, the WW2OL hanger forums is what first got me convinced to give Ace's High a try so long ago.

I hazard to guess that a discussion about IL-2's latest patch would not have garnered the same kind of animosity as Rings post did. It's not just the idea of talking about another game on this forum, it's the fact that someone had the gaul to mention WW2OL, something which many feel a deep seeded hatred for it's bad launch.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 10:19:46 PM by ZeroAce »

Offline Cabby44

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2003, 10:11:20 PM »
This thread is very funny.  And ironic..............

Cabby

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2003, 10:24:30 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Btw. Imsneaky, you guys picked a bad time to visit, after 6 months of arguing over politics, war, terrorism and God knows what. If this had been a real O'Club we would all be carrying guns and half our number would be dead by now ... if not more.

Not so....we'd all be digging our trenches deeper for the coming winter, and waiting for the summer offensives to begin in earnest again

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline chaunsey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2003, 10:44:05 PM »
1) Steve, the clue is in AHSUXXORS' handle. Let's break it down- AH stands for Aces High, and SUX means SUCKS. Thus his handle is a put down of Aces High- AH SUCKS. Get it now?

thats one *******,dont go generalizing over one person.

2) It's not MY house- it's HTC's house. If it were mine I'd toss pimps for competitive Sims off as soon as they opened their mouths instead of waiting until they spread false information about MY game- especially in light of the fact we aren't allowed to post on their bulletin board.

so let me get this straight,you'd outright ban us because we play a different game and mention it once or twice?

like i said aces high has been mentioned on our forums many times and no one ever gives this kind of hostile response,its completely retarded.

in the other thread i already mentioned the very good reasons only subscribers can posto n our boards.

the mods are already over worked,just during this free trial there have been a few dozen free trial accounts made for the sole purpose of disrupting and spamming.

if anyone could post this would be non stop 24/7 and our forums would be shut down or be rendered comepletely useless.

i wish we'd atleast have a single forum though where non subscribers could post.

3) Yeah, some people took the promotion of WW2OL as a slight against AH and yeah, some people were over the top in their rebuttals. Maybe it's because the perception was that we were being "invaded" by a whole bunch of WW2OL Fanbois. Seems like another typical day in The O'Club to me though. FWIW I hope Imsneaky gives AH a shot because he'll find out just how helpful the VAST MAJORITY of AH Vets are when it comes to helping out Newbies.

it started out as just a simple "hi there hey wwIIol is offering a free trial".

you guys started to spew lies about wwIIol and insult our playerbase and the devs directly,so we felt the need to put forth the facts so a player can make his own decision.

also notice that we kept it civil while many AH players were using obscenities and personal insults rather then maturely discussing it.

At any rate I wonder what kind of reaction the WW2OL Fanbois were expecting. Did they expect us to quit AH en masse and defect to WW2OL? Not going to happen because we have an older player base intrested in flight dynamics, and the fact that planes can land on water ruins the simulation for some of us.

there you go with that only 1 possible game mentality,i mean no one can play both right?
no one expected you to all quit,but maybe ring was hoping some people would find it interesting.

you are assuming some sinister intent.

if your game is so great why do you feel so threatend about us stating the facts about our game?

the landing on water is that big a deal to you?

i never even noticed that you could because ive never tried,the only reason its not fixed yet is cause its not important right now,it doesnt effect the game in any way.

Offline chaunsey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2003, 10:51:30 PM »
I just dont appreciate the fact that the wwIIol folks can come over here and express their feelings on our bbs but we cant do the same on theres. I wanted to try wwIIol cus I wanted to get the experience and see for myself... But since all your little friends came over here trying to break up a happy home (even tho our happy home is disfunctional) Im not even gonna bother. Plus being new to your game and not in a squad or whatever I doubt anyone would help me anyways.

see my previous reply as to why you cant post on our forums,a company of 20 people with only 1 guy to deal with issues on the forums and such cant afford all the extra problems.

no one came in try to break up anything,we simply came to state the facts and dispell the lies about our game.

also most players are very helpfull with new players,squad or no squad,we've got tons of non squad players.

i myself am one yet i have never had a problem joining assaults or getting towed or rides.

although squad play is more fun usually.

in a few months brigade spawningi will be implemented meaning all the old problems of not finding action and not having anyone around to help you out will be gone.

give it a try,the trial is free,no credit card needed,make your own opinion,but give it a fair shot,dont logon and not see anyone for a little bit and quit.

if you join its best to ask on the forum for some advice on radio channels or groups to tag along with.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2003, 10:59:31 PM »
Originally posted by Swager
Well Airhead, since I did not mention any names and you seem to believe I was implacating you in my comments, it may be that you take yourself more seriously than you imagine.

Sometimes it is best to just sit back and relax.  It actually does wonders.

Have a Nice Day.

No Swager, not at all. You're bright enough to know true venom when you hear it and I hope I am too. As far as seriousness goes I consider this to be the Toy Department of Life and I'm not willing to invest any emotion here other than a laugh or an occasional joke. If you see Hatas then I guess you see Hatas- I don't. All I see is Sun King soliciting me to come over to his house for some bellybutton play and really that's not my bag man. ;)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2003, 11:06:45 PM »
Originally posted by chaunsey
it started out as just a simple "hi there hey wwIIol is offering a free trial".

How delusional you must be to actually believe this.  Let's look over Ring's original post again in order to dispell your intentional misperceptions of innocence.

First he writes:

"if you interested in more then just air to air.. it offers the LARGEST MMPOG continous map with no "zones" and some of the unites you can play are
infantry
air
boats
tanks
scout cars
trucks
AA guns
AT guns "

And then he posts this silly map:

Wow!  Look at the size of that map!  w00t!  pwned!  I'm there, dude!  So let's see... rather than simply noting that WW2OL offers a free trial, Ring then posts advertising slogans such as "LARGEST MMPOG continous [sic] map" and then a helpful map to show how it compares to the competition.  If it looks like crap, and it smells like crap, it's probably crap.  Don't patronize us by pretending that this wasn't some sort of advertisement.

-- Todd/Leviathn