Author Topic: May I be a voice of calm and reason? (long but give it a read)  (Read 4930 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
May I be a voice of calm and reason? (long but give it a read)
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2003, 11:10:29 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
All I see is Sun King soliciting me to come over to his house for some bellybutton play and really that's not my bag man. ;)

Thats what I thought. Sit behind your PC and insult players, another internet tough guy. Like I said before ,you truely choose the right name.

Offline ZeroAce

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2003, 11:21:20 PM »

Wow, that's a pretty impressive map. Maybe I should give that game a try.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2003, 11:22:39 PM »
I just find it funny that "imsneaky" posts 12 "can't let it go" posts in a row ala... hmmm... thinking of a name here.  His very first post... a critique of a community where he has not posted a single message previously.  Yeppers.  Shear honesty there.

Pigeons and idiots.  Guess it takes all types.

MiniD

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2003, 11:27:16 PM »
Originally posted by ZeroAce
Wow, that's a pretty impressive map. Maybe I should give that game a try.

You find that impressive?  I guess you haven't played the Combat Theatre with an accurate ETO map lately.  At least there Britain fits on the map in case you want to do late war matchups.

Hey, speaking of late war matchups, how are those WW2OL P-47s coming along?  Or Tiger tanks?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline ZeroAce

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2003, 11:41:59 PM »
At least there Britain fits on the map in case you want to do late war matchups.

FYI - "Their", not "There".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 11:47:36 PM by ZeroAce »

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2003, 11:45:54 PM »
Originally posted by SunKing
Thats what I thought. Sit behind your PC and insult players, another internet tough guy. Like I said before ,you truely choose the right name.

"Airhead"... More than a name, it is a title. I wear it proudly.

Gee Sun King, is that a stick up your bellybutton or is that the Harry Potter Battery Powered Broomstick like the one my wife is so fond of? Do you realise how truly pathetic making threats of physical violence over the Internet is? All that is is mental mastrubation bud. Whatever, if you really wanna beat me up then head up to the North onramp at Camp Far West Lake out of Lincoln at 4 PM every Wednesday, or early most weekends, and look for a cream colored 19 foot Sea Ray with burgandy trim pulled by a 1992 white Ford F-150 extended cab with blue pinstriping. That's where I hang out in my leisure time, so c'mon down and if you're nice I'll take you wakeboarding and if you're not nice...well... I think you'll be nice...if you show up. ;)

Be there or be square.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2003, 11:48:25 PM »
Somehow, in the grand scheme of things... the ww2ol map looks inadequate...

Not that there's anything wrong with it... except for bragging about it.

Offline chaunsey

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2003, 11:49:24 PM »
Hey, speaking of late war matchups, how are those WW2OL P-47s coming along? Or Tiger tanks?

still aways off,lots of other stuff to add long before that stuff,even as it is we've got over 50 units.

actually right now we have r&d,so the HC's can choose what vehicles are developed and even what vehicles CRS develops.

so once we reasearch that far we'll develop the tigers and p-47's and put them into production.

unless of course the factories are bombed wich will slow down the development.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2003, 12:27:17 AM »
Oopsy sorry to butt into this thread for a competely unrelated inquiry. You can have your thread back in 2 secs, I promise...

"Dont you roll your eyes at me young man." - Hortlund

"LOL YOUNG man?? Flattery will get you everywhere." - Airhead

I asked this a while back... am simply curious: Hortlund - I vaguely remember reading you saying that you're 28ish or 29ish...

This so? How old are you?

Offline Sparrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2003, 12:28:11 AM »
Y'all get upset at Ring? Eh, take him with a grain of salt and a have a spell checker handy. But yes the thread should have been in the O'club to begin with, but it's Ring we are talking about. :p

#1 wwiionline crazy Macchi demanding fanboy. ;)

ps
Yes I fly the MC.202 and 205 in WB and AH every so often. But I want my SM.79!!!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2003, 12:34:08 AM »
Well Airhead, obviously you have something against me. This thread and my cable thread kinda prove that. Funny how I agree with Hortlund yet you bash me and not him. Afraid of insulting the vets are we?

*I don't read Harry Potter so I'm unfamilar with your current insult.*

I never wanted to "beat you up". That is actually quite funny along with this childish exchange. You can call off your dogs.

I've met alot of Aces High players and actually thought it would be cool to meet another in our hobby even if you must insult me.

I thought about hosting a NorCal mini Con when I had access to a T3 line.

Anyway Lincoln is the other side of town for me and bit outta me way. When ya gonna be in Sac?  

PS: I used to JetSki all the time at Folsom Lake until Wineman ran me down me with his boat years back. *Dont ask* :D

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2003, 01:32:01 AM »
Originally posted by ZeroAce
FYI - "Their", not "There".

FYI- If you are going to correct someone's spelling, make sure you understand the sentence.

Offline Bluedog

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2003, 01:48:34 AM »
I object to the kicking of dogs, particularly sleeping ones.
Thats just rude.

Offline ZeroAce

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2003, 02:01:48 AM »

FYI- If you are going to correct someone's spelling, make sure you understand the sentence.

FYI - if you are going to correct someone for correcting someone else’s spelling then make sure you understand the the sentence in the first place.

Here it is again for ya:

At least there Britain fits on the map in case you want to do late war matchups.

The context is possessive, hence, Their is the correct grammar.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 02:05:53 AM by ZeroAce »

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2003, 02:31:10 AM »
bzzzt wrong.

How could it be possesive?

Here's the quote in full:

"I guess you haven't played the Combat Theatre with an accurate ETO map lately. At least there Britain fits on the map in case you want to do late war matchups. "

Using "their" would make absolutely no sense. The Combat Theater is an arena here in AH - not some other game. If it helps at all, imagine a comma after the word "there". Or put the word "over" just before it, so it becomes "At least over there, Britian fits on the map..."

It's gay, in the first place, to point out a spelling error. Especially if that's the sum total of your reply. But to point out an error that aint even an error.... that's really really gay.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 03:02:49 AM by Nash »