Author Topic: Unbalanced Just Not Fun  (Read 2097 times)

Offline canadagoose

• Zinc Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« on: July 10, 2003, 10:27:43 PM »
Tonight for at least 5 hours I was in the MA when the Rooks had a numerical advantage of better than two to one. At times the combined numbers of Knights and Bishops did not equal the number of Rooks. I don't mind dieing, my stats show that, but when every field is covered  and you can not even get to a point of fighting a battle this game loses its appeal. If Hitech is going to continue to get numbers of players like this on they need to do some forced parity in the countries as far as memberships. Also using a small map like the one this week just does not work with the amount of people, you get reset and immediately your overwhelmed again with the numbers because all the players on the winning side remain on and hammer you as soon as the new map is up. I know there are going to be times when one group has the advantage, but if it goes to the level of what happened tonight the game loses its appeal. I thought the idea was to have battles between the countries not just revised versions of the Little Big Horn. When it is so lopsided people jump to the winning side even more just because they are tired of being clubbed, and that makes the mess even worse.  
This may be whinning, and I am sure the Rooks think it is but I know if the play is like tonight on a regular basis it will drive some away the game, myself included. Don't know how it can be fixed but something needs to be looked at.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 10:49:32 PM »
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wtg, first time somone whine about too many rooks!!!

I never would expect something like that:cool:

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Re: Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 11:01:52 PM »
Originally posted by canadagoose
This may be whinning, and I am sure the Rooks think it is but I know if the play is like tonight on a regular basis it will drive some away the game, myself included. Don't know how it can be fixed but something needs to be looked at.

...or you might say we (Knights) fly in a lush, target-rich environment--dunno 'bout you, but lately I've had no trouble at all finding fights...:cool:

h

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 11:05:56 PM »
Thank You... Thank you very much!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 11:07:23 PM »
it's called "Reset is imminent"

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »
Tonight the Rooks launched a long planned RJO (Rook Joint Operation). We mustered almost 300 Rooks, and got the reset a few minutes after midnight east coast time.

Usually, we Rooks are hard pressed to achieve parity with either the Bishops or Knights, seldom having a numerical advantage.

So, take a break and log on later, things will be back to normal shortly.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 11:11:29 PM »
LOL!  I love this!! canadagoose you have become the ROOKs new hero:)  Awesome whine my friend.

WTFG Grimm and well done.  I had the best of nights in AH and as a Rook!!

To All

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 11:12:03 PM »
It's like Aces High is chess, and the Rooks are the chessmasters!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 11:23:21 PM »
Rooks!

I only logged on to see the end of it, from a Knight's perspective, but good work.  I hope you guys had a good time on RJO night.  I know it can be frusterating being a Rook as I was one for the first two years.  I'm glad you guys got to dominate the Bish and Knits for a night.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 11:28:39 PM »
Cool Rooks had numbers.  Atleast it wasnt the bish

Im a knight and during the day bish have way more then knights and rooks. I really want all the knights and rooks to go bish someday so they cant gang us :D

Offline bfreek

• Copper Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 11:31:17 PM »
Stay in canada,  ya never been really free so you don't know what it is to have a free choice in selecting where,when and who you play with.

and stop whinning , just join the unbalanced side and sit down.

god i'm awful.

actually i like canucks, i've riden a few of them when i was at Whidbey Island.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 12:04:49 AM by bfreek »

Offline bizket

• Copper Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2003, 02:12:28 AM »
LOL I love it!!!! I've only been in AH for about a year in a half, but I've never seen the rooks with such a huge numbers advantage.

A bit hearty to Grimm and the CAF and the rest of the RJO squadrons. I had a blast:D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2003, 02:48:36 AM »
Someone actually whining about Rook numerical advantage?  Someone better call the Weather Channel to see if Hell froze over.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2003, 02:54:12 AM »

palef
Retired

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2003, 03:22:56 AM »
Originally posted by canadagoose
Tonight for at least 5 hours I was in the MA when the Rooks had a numerical advantage of better than two to one. At times the combined numbers of Knights and Bishops did not equal the number of Rooks. I don't mind dieing, my stats show that, but when every field is covered  and you can not even get to a point of fighting a battle this game loses its appeal. If Hitech is going to continue to get numbers of players like this on they need to do some forced parity in the countries as far as memberships. Also using a small map like the one this week just does not work with the amount of people, you get reset and immediately your overwhelmed again with the numbers because all the players on the winning side remain on and hammer you as soon as the new map is up. I know there are going to be times when one group has the advantage, but if it goes to the level of what happened tonight the game loses its appeal. I thought the idea was to have battles between the countries not just revised versions of the Little Big Horn. When it is so lopsided people jump to the winning side even more just because they are tired of being clubbed, and that makes the mess even worse.  
I thought this was quite a good post. I take it that it took place in US Prime time because I didn't see it myself.

All the steamrollering hordes like this that are to be found on maps like Mindano go a considerable way to explain why I like the Pizza map. And Trinity of course.