Author Topic: Unbalanced Just Not Fun  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Horn

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2003, 04:01:58 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
sooo how many people are in the Damned now 300

lol, Krusher--would that be a problem?

h

Offline AHGOD

• Nickel Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2003, 04:26:06 PM »
I logged on and said wow what an bellybutton whoppin.  Then noticed we had 2-1 over both countries.  And to be honest we did find some good fights when the bish were in force and most of the rooks were crushing the knits.  I think the suffering only lasted about an hour, and then the rooks were swamped again.  DUnno gave me 20 perks I was happy.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2003, 04:59:28 PM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
The only problem I have with a beautifully executed plan was that towards the end of the struggle, instead of attacking the Rooks, the Bish helped them get the reset by attacking knights.

I guess they just wanted to end the misery faster.

Frankly, I had a good time. I had no idea what was going on, but I was able to take up a 262 at 95 perks, and sawing some Rook Bombers in half.

This must have been an organizational nightmare to get this done.

Where as the knights would turn over bases to the Bish to stop the reset. Ya thats a lot better. Cant believe a MAW came on here to whine about numbers. Christ. Its the whole modus operandi of the MAW. Instant obediance from incompitant masses, best thing that could happen to most of your pilots is to have to fight for thier lives for a few months. Its amazing what it does to your abilitiys in the games

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2003, 05:28:31 PM »
Originally posted by TW9
DIdnt know 1 post good reflect on an entire country..  But what do i know? Im an american.. :rolleyes:

TW9  Im not saying every american says it. Its just throughout my entire 32 years as a citizen of the UK I have never felt censored in any way.Its just not an issue for us. Im trying to now remember any event where freedom of speech was brought up over here with regard to my country and not some foreign regeme.A news bulletin or item in a paper? nope sorry cant think of one example. But apparently according to bfreek its something i should be concerned about?  

Im sure you like me dont even think about freedom of speech until you see some country like Afghanistan where it IS important and denied. Bfreek is obviously another 'living in a dream world' AH'er. He even suggested the Canadians are censored in another thread. Sheesh they aint censored, its just no one listens to them hehe ;) (JOKE JOKE)

I meant no offence to the average American I assure you.I know too many ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 05:31:10 PM by hazed- »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2003, 05:57:01 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Last night might not have been so bad if the rooks had not bravely decided to change course and bully the already smallest and overwhelmed country.  (I suppose the chances of success must have looked a lot better.)

Sorry, ma'am, but you suppose wrong.

The idea was to piss off as many enema as possible. We already had all the Bish strat WAY porked (all under 20%, most under 10%) and had captured a wad of Bish fields that were secondary targets of the main raid - so Grimm made the call that it was the Nits' turn to suffer :)

Honestly. It was discussed on channel 2 that reset was a secondary consideration last night. The quote that sticks in my mind was "No, we don't wanna reset, its more fun to play with our food" ;)

culero (member of the Rooks Equal Opportunity Terrorfleigers)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2003, 06:36:02 PM »
A single player can piss of as many as he wants to, that's like a natural right.

Many pissing of few isn't respectful towards the few.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2003, 06:38:54 PM »
Originally posted by culero
The quote that sticks in my mind was "No, we don't wanna reset, its more fun to play with our food" ;)

culero (member of the Rooks Equal Opportunity Terrorfleigers)

That was the unsung Hero of all this.   GunrCAF!
Thats a line that sould long be remembered ;)

Gunner was at my side here in the Command Center in Wisconsin.   He keep me upto date on what squads were moving were,  of course the big white board had everyones squad posted on it.  

If I wavered for a moment, Gunner was there to help me keep focus.   He relayed Orders and caught questions I might have missed.   When I was evaluating what target was next, he was right there with solid suggestions.  

Another Unsung Hero would be BulletHead (BH3841)   BH put together all the data needed to assist the rooks.  

FlashCAF worked with BH getting the squad ready for this.   The entire Cactus Air force had a part to play.   Its really an honor to work with the men of the CAF.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2003, 07:21:19 PM »
Originally posted by Horn
lol, Krusher--would that be a problem?

h

Not to me, but I think Zanth is against large numbers :)

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2003, 07:31:30 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
A single player can piss of as many as he wants to, that's like a natural right.

Many pissing of few isn't respectful towards the few.

In whose opinion?

This game is all about breaking each other's toys and taking each other's places. Team play is emphasized by the design.

So, therefore, it could be as easily said that a few whining about many engaging in team play aren't respectful.

Or, it could easily be said they're just plain whiners ;)

culero (get a clue! ya want a fair fight, go to the duel arena!)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Krusher
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2003, 07:44:27 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
sooo how many people are in the Damned now 300

Krusher its actually 299 but only 5 can actually be considered any good in AH:}

Say hi to the wife:}

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Lamby :}
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2003, 07:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by AHGOD
I logged on and said wow what an bellybutton whoppin.  Then noticed we had 2-1 over both countries.  And to be honest we did find some good fights when the bish were in force and most of the rooks were crushing the knits.  I think the suffering only lasted about an hour, and then the rooks were swamped again.  DUnno gave me 20 perks I was happy.

Is that how you spell " Leutnant"? :}

:D
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2003, 07:54:01 PM »
sry didnt read the whole post but ....

Grimm... IMHO alerting the other countries to RJO would be a bad idea.

the MA would turn into the same it always is but with bigger #'s. thats defeats the whole purpose of RJO. i though it was for us to get together and crush the enemy.

oh well my 2
<>
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2003, 08:01:24 PM »
Hazed---ya have ALL the freedom of speech ya want in US & UK....until the speech in question becomes poilitically left of center;
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2003, 08:06:24 PM »
JB73,  

Sort of reminds of that Conan movie....

"Conan... What is good in life"

"To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of thier women"

Doesnt that sorta of sum up last night???  ;)

I do agree, losing the element of suprize would perhaps put a damper on things.   But with RJO,  If the Lead Squad and CiC wanted to put out a challage to the enemy.  Thats good too.  I will go where ever my countrymen need me.

Ghostdancer had an interesting Idea on an RJO vs _____ would be interesting diversion in the SEA.  

Its Good to be a Rook :)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2003, 08:07:53 PM »
hmmm freedom, censorship?  the US????

Come on!!  tune into some canadian tv channels sometime!!

legal for women to go topless in public in Ontario... Canada...  find me a state (or states) that permit that +)

SKurj