Author Topic: Unbalanced Just Not Fun  (Read 2100 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2003, 08:39:49 PM »
I flew quite a few sorties in a 163. Too many inbound from all directions to up a spit to do the pilot thingy.

I flew REALLY fast.

I had fun flying REALLY fast.

That about covers it.

..then I went to bed.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
I flew quite a few sorties in a 163. Too many inbound from all directions to up a spit to do the pilot thingy.

I flew REALLY fast.

I had fun flying REALLY fast.

That about covers it.

..then I went to bed.

NoPoop,  Sounds like a different kinda night..  At least you made the best of it.  :)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2003, 09:34:45 PM »
Hey you guys had a blast. Believe me it was a different map to look at from the Knights side as time went on.

Different, different is good.

And flyin around in a rocket was fun too.

Would I like to see it every day ?? Nope, but it was almost epic in it's size.

Main thing is a WHOLE lot of people had fun doing something of a magnitude that isn't seen very often.

That's fun.

Went to the CT and had a few fights, that was fun too.

Yesterday I was a FUNGUY...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2003, 12:38:01 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi
A single player can piss of as many as he wants to, that's like a natural right.

Many pissing of few isn't respectful towards the few.

Gawd, how did this limp PC crap come into this den of cut-throats?  :eek:  Wait, I know.  It began when AW got onto AOL and people who Hated each other and tried everyday to kill each other as often as possible suddenly had to start acting polite to each other on the message boards or be banned.  From there it spread to company-sponsored boards like this one, and even to the point of having a "bad word filter" on ch 1, of all things.  

But I digress.  Still, it just makes me sick to see so-called fighter pilots whining about a lack of respect, like their nmes are supposed to feel their pain or something.  Geez.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, ever since it became standard practice in MMP flightsims to "win the war" by taking over the world, there has been a Darwinian imperative to do so or have it done to you.  Especially when the games started handing out tangible rewards for doing so, over and above mere bragging rights.  And naturally, given basically equal skill and organization across the board on an average night, the way to win the war is through numbers.  Which means the outnumbered side gets ground into dust.  That's not being disrespectful, that's just life in the big city.  Get over it.

As to pissing folks off in the process, ain't that the whole object?  This is WAR, after all.  But we can't actually kill each other, and virtual death is pretty painless even in game terms.  Thus, the only way to inflict lasting damage on the nme is emotionally.  If you can get somebody to flame you on ch1 for kicking his bellybutton repeatedly, spoiling his plan, or whatever, you know you done good.  It's even sweeter when the nme logs off in total ego meltdown, and you can imagine him throwing his joystick against the wall :cool:

You might have noticed, us RJO guys have had nothing but respect for all the nits and bish who held out to the bitter end, fighting us every inch of the way for Hate's sake if not in hope of victory.  Having been on the receiving end of resets way more often than not, us Rooks can really appreciate that kind of resolve in others.  But did we want them to go to bed fuming mad afterwards?  You bet we did :D.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2003, 01:05:01 AM »
367th didnt mind a bit, was kinda fun to watch,
 Wtg!

S!
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2003, 01:49:19 AM »
I'm bummed I missed it.  300+ Rookie baby harp seals floundering around the MA waiting to get their little heads bashed in, it's a Knight's dream.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2003, 02:33:11 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
300+ Rookie baby harp seals floundering around the MA waiting to get their little heads bashed in, it's a Knight's dream.

It really kinda was.  It was a statpotato's wet dream.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2003, 08:43:36 AM »
proof that the real strategy in AH is... the side with the most numbers wins.

I wasn't on but I imagine that there were a few places that we could catch 5 or 7 or the timid horde and kill em.... still not as fun as finding real fights tho...

just a novelty act.  Just proof AH needs some work.
lazs

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Re: Krusher
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2003, 09:56:53 AM »
Originally posted by Silat
Krusher its actually 299 but only 5 can actually be considered any good in AH:}

Say hi to the wife:}

:D

She says hi back !
Btw I have the wife (lalust) flying now.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2003, 10:49:21 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Where as the knights would turn over bases to the Bish to stop the reset. Ya thats a lot better. Cant believe a MAW came on here to whine about numbers. Christ. Its the whole modus operandi of the MAW. Instant obediance from incompitant masses, best thing that could happen to most of your pilots is to have to fight for thier lives for a few months. Its amazing what it does to your abilitiys in the games

Oooo .. another expert on the MAW and its pilots.

I had a blast landing multiple 6+ kill sorties. It was amazing watching all these planes fly around in a frenzy with no SA at all to speak of.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Scott E

• Zinc Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2003, 04:52:43 PM »
numbers a problem? switch to the lowest numbered country get a 262 for 100 perks and go terrorize the busiest enemy airfield. rtb with 11-17 kills a sortie. rinse, repeat. stay low and stay at 500mph and dont worry about anything.

numbers mean nothing to a 262. if another 262 comes along... kill it and keep slaughtering helpless prop dweebs

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2003, 05:34:38 PM »
OOPS! meant to say RIGHT of center
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline MOSQ

• Silver Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2003, 06:21:06 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Someone actually whining about Rook numerical advantage?  Someone better call the Weather Channel to see if Hell froze over.

ack-ack

ROFL !

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Unbalanced Just Not Fun
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2003, 08:35:04 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
proof that the real strategy in AH is... the side with the most numbers wins.

I wasn't on but I imagine that there were a few places that we could catch 5 or 7 or the timid horde and kill em.... still not as fun as finding real fights tho...

just a novelty act.  Just proof AH needs some work.
lazs

Shortly after the RJO turned its attention to the Knights, a large group of Knights organized a counter attack aimed at porking the primary Rook staging field. I counted 27 Knits in the main group with several more trailing behind. As I watched their gaggle slowly climb over the high ridge (coming from A60 to A49), I climbed about 3k above them. Most of the Knits were flying P-51Ds, along with a few P-38s, Tiffies, Yaks and La-7s mixed in. After alerting my fellow Rooks of the raid, I rolled in on the gaggle. I got 4 on my initial pass, two more over the field. Then, just like that, they were gone, wiped out by a mass of about 80 Rooks. Only a handful made it to the field. Rough night to be flying as a Knight.

I have been of the opinion that field captures are too easy. That bases are too easily neutralized and ships too easy to kill with HE type bombs. However, I don't see that any of those, be they hardened fields or ships, could have stood up to such an overwhelming number of attackers.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
thread hijack!
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2003, 02:13:13 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing

I have been of the opinion that field captures are too easy.
My regards,

Widewing

I think so too.  I liked the fact that in that defunct game you had to destroy certain percentage of the base (think it was 69%) and get your drunks to the base within 5 minutes of destroying the base.  Or you can increase the amount of drunks needed for capture, so instead of 10 drunks you need 15 drunks for capture, requiring two drunk transports instead of just one.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song