Author Topic: The Passion  (Read 1934 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
The Passion
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 04:18:22 PM »
so, there's no proof, but its well known?

:rolleyes: <------- :rolleyes:

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
The Passion
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 04:21:41 PM »
Hey, it's another exciting adventure in 'Proving the Negative'!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Passion
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 05:05:01 PM »
Hollywood conservative Jerry Doyle has four short words for Tinseltown whiner Tim Robbins, who tried to conjure up visions of the old Hollywood blacklist days last week by complaining that he and partner Susan Sarandon had been banned from a Baseball Hall of Fame ceremony commemorating their old movie ''Bull Durham.''

''Give me a break,'' says Doyle. ''These people aren't going to be blacklisted.  They're being lauded in Hollywood as heroes.''

Instead of liberals being blacklisted, it's conservatives who suffer the most because of Hollywood's one-sided political proclivities, the emmy award winning actor claims.

''After I ran for Congress in 2000 [as a Republican], I was about as busy as a deodorant salesman in Paris,'' Doyle told WABC Radio's Monica Crowley on Saturday. ''It was a great way to lose $100,000 and put your career on hold.''

Asked pointblank if he'd ever been blacklisted because of his politics, Doyle said, ''They don't come right out and say, 'Don't hire him.' But after I ran for Congress my manager got calls from people saying, ''What is this?  What--is he nuts?  I can't work with him.' ''

The Hollywood conservative also cited the experience of his conservative Hollywood colleague, Michael Moriarity, who he said ''came out against [Clinton Attorney General] Janet Reno and they slammed him and he went into never-neverland.''

Certain casting directors who ''don't like your politics just don't bring you in on certain projects,'' he told Crowley.  ''There's a great deal of fear in the industry that if you tick off the people who are in the position to give you a job or to make your next movie connection, that you want to stay in their good graces.''

Doyle said that when it comes to Hollywood's politics, the herd mentality reigns supreme.  ''I'd be willing to bet that if Spielberg and Geffen and Streisand and Sheen switched their registration to Republican that you'd see 90 to 95 percent of the industry switch over to Republican because they're sheep.''

There is one benefit, however, to Hollywood's conservative blacklist, the GOP actor admitted.  ''I'm certainly [not] gonna miss going to that 'Save the Gay Gray Whale' meeting.''

Look for Jerry Doyle's latest film "Lost Treasure," due out in June on HBO

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
The Passion
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 05:20:30 PM »
Lol, he's blacklisted from ever working again and he's in an HBO movie this summer?   I guess the dixie chicks aren't the only ones that can whine about getting knocked around for their political views.

Mel Gibson is a movie money maker.  He'll get work as long as he is.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
The Passion
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 05:37:21 PM »
was it gibson or costner that was in "radiers of the lost ark' i get them guys confused.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
The Passion
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 06:06:53 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
was it gibson or costner that was in "radiers of the lost ark' i get them guys confused.

NO THATS HANK SOLO

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
The Passion
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2003, 09:29:28 PM »
Originally posted by Animal
NO THATS HANK SOLO

Hans Solo perhaps? Harrison Ford for those who don't remember :).
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Passion
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2004, 09:55:31 AM »
heard this morning that a sub titled film hasn't made over $15 million ever

Mel's has made over $10 million and it hasn't even opened yet ..
set to make up to $40 million this weekend

very big film, life changer from what I've heard/seen
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The Passion
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2004, 10:03:18 AM »
The Brits oughta be happy, he's not bashing them for a change, unless the Jews and Romans have English accents. ;)

Eager to see this one.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
The Passion
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2004, 10:08:25 AM »
What is the signifigance of the film to xtians?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
The Passion
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2004, 10:10:05 AM »
lol AKIron :D

"Awright, lads. Wot do ya think of this Jesus, fella? If my name ain't Pontius Pilate, I'm buggered if I know what to do wiv 'im."

The New Testament according to Guy Ritchie!

Nah, I'm waiting for the Hollywood interpretation of the Battle of Britain with the 'The Few' or whatever that Cruise thing promises to be. Stay tuned for some more rape of British history at a screen near you!
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
The Passion
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 10:10:55 AM »
Here is what I don't like about the film:

1.  Mel Gibson is a member of a sect of Christianity that refuses to hold Jews blameless for the death of Jesus.  

2.  The film is billed as being "the truth" by Christians, including the Pope.

As to point 1.  

This is bound to create anti-Jewish feelings in some (possibly alot) of movie goers.  

Hating Jews because they "killed Jesus" is about the stupidest thing any Christian could do.  If they didn't there would be no Christianity.

As to point 2.

Did Mel invent a time machine with all his money and travel back in time to find out what "the truth" is?  Doubt it...but you never know.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
The Passion
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2004, 10:21:52 AM »
There were actually cases of assault by Scottish nutcases on English people after Braveheart, where the perpetrators said "This is for William Wallace."

Gibson believes his own hype.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
The Passion
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2004, 10:22:05 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Hating Jews because they "killed Jesus" is about the stupidest thing any Christian could do.  If they didn't there would be no Christianity.

Agree 100% Curval and I think most Christians do too. Anyone that would argue need look no further than US support for modern day Israel.

As to blaming Jews for killing Jesus, every true Christian understands that every person is responsible for his death.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
The Passion
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2004, 10:22:26 AM »
Jeez why be so profound about the film...

I'll go see it because:

1. It's a movie
2. It's got Monica Belucci in it!

Daniel