Author Topic: Iraq: A Federal Judge's Point of View  (Read 2536 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Iraq: A Federal Judge's Point of View
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2003, 12:00:09 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
hans blix said there were no WMD's.

So why did he wait so long to reveal these "facts"? Besides, we know how reliable he has been in the past.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2268819.stm

"'Fooled by Iraq'

As director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) from 1981 to 1997, he was in charge of overseeing inspections of the country's nuclear programme.

During that time, the Iraqis managed to hide an advanced nuclear weapons development programme from the IAEA.

It was only discovered after the Gulf War in 1991."
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2003, 12:03:47 PM »
Unless your real name is ee cummings, I would suggest you crack an english book before trying to argue world politics.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2003, 12:07:33 PM »
I liked the part where gadfly couldnt respond to my arguement with a counterpoint. GOOD FOR YOU!

I also liked the part where we have commited ourselves to the mid- east for the next 10 years, while N Korea gets more and more scary.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2003, 12:10:32 PM »
Oh I could, but even if I post the quotes verbatim, you would say they were false.  And, as I said above, I generally refuse to argue with children, being that it is a pointless exercise.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2003, 12:12:43 PM »
I also liked the part where we have commited ourselves to the mid- east for the next 10 years, while N Korea gets more and more scary.

In case ya haven't noticed, China has stepped up to the plate where North Korea is concerned. While our relations with China have been strained from time to time, I don't think they want a loose cannon on their doorstep.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2003, 12:13:01 PM »
I'm remembering all the threads talking about those horrible Iraqi towel heads etc prior to the war.  At that time it was all about the WMDs that existed "for sure" in Iraq.

Now some of those same towl head haters are lining up behind the arguments presented in that article.

I find it kinda amusing.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2003, 12:13:26 PM »
No, no i would like to see this. For you see, how would i ever learn i am wrong unless you give me some information. And if i can dispute your arguement we both learn. Thats why i enjoy debates.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2003, 12:15:34 PM »
Will you promise to clean your room and use capitals?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2003, 12:17:12 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
I'm remembering all the threads talking about those horrible Iraqi towel heads etc prior to the war.  At that time it was all about the WMDs that existed "for sure" in Iraq.

The only ones saying there are no WMDs in Iraq are the same ones that were so against the overthrow of Saddam to begin with. Nothing wrong with a little self amusement though, I've indulged from time to time.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »
no capitals. btw his promise for a clear exit plan if he sends troops over sea's , is yet another broken promise from bush's campaign.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2003, 12:37:17 PM »
I liked the part where gadfly couldnt respond to my arguement with a counterpoint. GOOD FOR YOU!

I also liked the part where We have commited ourselves to the mid- east for the next 10 years, while N Korea gets more and more scary.

We?

Are you in the Military? If not then STFU pissant.  It's easy to sit there and whine about chit, than to do something about it.  And if you have such a BIG DAM problem about the way Bush is handling things then MOVE your childish arse out of America until a sorry prettythang Democrap is elected!

My 2 cents.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2003, 12:42:57 PM »
And you expect iraq to go somewhere anytime soon? BTW Bush's approval rateing 49 percent. I guess it was a fun ride for him while it lasted.

No,  I expect we'll be there for at least 10 years.  At least I hope and pray we will finish the job.  God bless the president.  Finally a man in the office who will do what's right reguardless of his poll numbers.    I expect that's a concept you don't understand.

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2003, 12:50:20 PM »
In hindsight, this was unfortunate, for with more frequent inspections, we might have deferred Iraqi authorities from the nuclear weapons effort.

Statement by IAEA Director General Hans Blix on IAEA Inspections in Iraq to the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee

It disclosed that there had been three programmes for the enrichment of uranium with a great deal of equipment and material related to it, and that a quantity of about half a kilo of 4% enriched uranium had been produced.

Inspections in Iraq

Now to be honest, after these statements were made, subsequent inspections revealed no evidence of continuing nuclear development, although they(Blix) would not commit to the fact that there was no further development, only that they were unable to find any proof of it.  

In this regard, it must be recognized that Iraq retains, in its core of scientists and engineers, nuclear-weapons-related expertise and relevant documentation.

STATEMENT TO THE FIFTY-SECOND SESSION OF THE UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY

In regard to chemical weapons:

(VX)

UNMOVIC, however, has information that conflicts with this account. There are indications that Iraq had worked on the problem of purity and stabilization and that more had been achieved than has been declared.  Indeed, even one of the documents provided by Iraq indicates that the purity of the agent, at least in laboratory production, was higher than declared.

(Mustard Gas)

I might further mention that inspectors have found at another site a laboratory quantity of thiodiglycol, a mustard gas precursor.

Biological weapons:

There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared, and that at least some of this was retained after the declared destruction date.  It might still exist.

THE SECURITY COUNCIL, 27 JANUARY 2003:

Is that enough for you?

Offline Gadfly

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2003, 12:53:24 PM »
Note that none of this is from the media, all of those statements were made in offical reports.  He can spin it any way he wants, but those are Government documents, read by him and signed by him.

edit-spelling
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 12:56:01 PM by Gadfly »

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2003, 01:15:16 PM »
Lizking,

You didn't take into account the total detachment from reality that a liberal suffers from.  I think most of that will go right over his head...........