Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
The O' Club / Re: Victoria Nuland or how we started the Ukraine war in 2014
« Last post by Eagler on May 04, 2024, 09:53:27 AM »
... I would argue that the universal truth that weakness encourages aggression is playing out yet again.

What is the key "weakness " do you believe triggered this?

Was the previous relationship of this "weakness" and Ukraine just coincidence?

Some of us in the states still need to have clarity on what went on in Ukraine from 08 to 16 between world leaders and their relatives...but those investigations don't have the backing nor priority other investigations seem to have..

Eagler
Savage

Do you believe there will be absolute victory against Russia through this Ukraine war?

What does that look like to you?

I don't see it myself,  not with Iran and China supporting one side and the US with some help from others supporting the other..

I see a unwinnable war slowly expanding into something no one wants or can control let alone afford..

I don't know the area or it's people, that is why I find responses from rabbit and others from the area valuable

Hoping for peace here on all fronts...we seem to like killing each other just as much sadly

A cease fire would be a great start...

Eagler

I'm not sure I expect absolute victory, I don't, really. Obviously, absolute victory would be Russia returning to its original border. It's more a matter of containment, and not showing the weakness of appeasement, which guarantees more expansionism.

I'm not sure I see a radical expansion. I don't think anyone wants that, despite the threats of nuclear weapons from time to time from various Russian forces.

I don't know how long Russia can keep going without running out of money. I'm not sure China is willing to make the investment, their economy isn't that great, and there's limited return for them unless there's total collapse in the west. China wants Taiwan a lot more than they want Russia to have Ukraine. Their relationship is one of convenience, not of actual kinship.

The rest of Europe does not want Russian expansionism to continue, at some point, many will invest more.

Putin does have an expiration date, he is human, best we can tell, and not immortal. The question is who is his successor, and are they cut from the same cloth?

Again, I do not like war, but there are things I like less.

And yes, I'm concerned with our problems here. I'm not even sure we have not reached the point of no return. Our government is horrifically corrupt, and I'm not sure it can be reversed. It's full of huge numbers of corrupt life long unelected bureaucrats, in every government agency. It will take a president willing to act, with a solid majority in both houses in congress led by people willing to act. I'm not sure we can ever get that, and get it in time. If we cannot return to a government that is actually within the Constitution, and properly restrained by it, I doubt my grand sons will enjoy true liberty all of their lives. You have no idea how that angers me.
The O' Club / Re: Prebuilt PCs
« Last post by icepac on May 04, 2024, 09:36:08 AM »
The problem building your own is the heaps of industry specific product knowledge required to not be led up a blind canyon by the hardware sellers.
Another applicable thought would be he didn't do it because it would be easy.  He did it because he thought it would be easy.

He now owns it and will keep doubling down until it becomes clear that continued aggression will have less results than other options.  The weaker the west is the more likely that he will continue.  I would argue that the universal truth that weakness encourages aggression is playing out yet again.

Probably correct.
Friday Squad Operations / Re: Frame 1 Southern Penetration
« Last post by A8balls on May 04, 2024, 09:31:58 AM »
I haven't flown FSO in decades, until last night. How do I view the logs?
The O' Club / Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Last post by icepac on May 04, 2024, 09:29:27 AM »
Funny how one unaware dolt blames the loss of players on former players.

True.  Most new players leave before they get a taste of the forums.
The O' Club / Re: ISP in North Carolina
« Last post by icepac on May 04, 2024, 09:27:03 AM »
If you’re coming from comcast/xfinity, don’t expect spectrum to be as good. 
The user interface for spectrum and the fact that they will eventually go to 100% streaming content by herding customers away from the common set top boxes.   
If you’re lucky, you can get the super rare dvr box instead of the 101T box. 

They will claim the xumo stream box will give you the best experience even if you can only stream content included with your tv package.

That said, a properly configured network i just installed at the new home with capable enough components will only be limited to whether your service to the house will be coax (spectrum) or fiber (htc, comcast….etc.).   
Custom Skins / Re: Lt. Thomas R. Wels - P-38 (B7-W) - 82nd FG, 96th FS
« Last post by Greebo on May 04, 2024, 09:26:56 AM »
Very nice job Vraciu, looks just right.
The O' Club / Re: Victoria Nuland or how we started the Ukraine war in 2014
« Last post by rabbidrabbit on May 04, 2024, 09:20:59 AM »

He invaded because he knew he'd face weak responses.

Another applicable thought would be he didn't do it because it would be easy.  He did it because he thought it would be easy.

He now owns it and will keep doubling down until it becomes clear that continued aggression will have less results than other options.  The weaker the west is the more likely that he will continue.  I would argue that the universal truth that weakness encourages aggression is playing out yet again.
Custom Skins / Re: Lt. Thomas R. Wels - P-38 (B7-W) - 82nd FG, 96th FS
« Last post by oboe on May 04, 2024, 09:12:17 AM »
Great job, Vraciu.  Sharp-looking Lightning!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]