Author Topic: P-47m  (Read 1770 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
P-47m
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 05:53:05 AM »
Originally posted by Major Biggles
yes, but the numbers aren't official, and without official data HTC can't model it, it would be unfair.

P-47 officially beeing approved for 70" boost June 44:
http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/24june44-progress-report.pdf

They were being overboosted by the squadrons way before that though and with the support of P&W engineers. Johnson repeatedly stated that his jug "lucky" was boosted to 72" and he finished his tour and went home about June 44. Of course, that was un-official.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
P-47m
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
Here are the rest of the Benny versus Biggles films.  Score was three for Benny, three for Biggles.  To be fair to me, my controls keep locking up for "moving them too rapidly" when I fly the Me-109, because I tend to fight the slats when I'm about to stall.  In the second Me-109G-6 fight, they locked up just as I was using rudder to prevent a spin, resulting in a fatal spin.  They also locked up in the first Me-109K fight, although it did not cause a loss.

The results of the aircraft matchups were as follows.
P-38L versus P-47D: P-47D won.
P-38L versus P-47D: P-38 won.
Me-109K versus P-47D: Me-109K won.
Me-109G-6 versus P-47D: P-47D won.
Me-109G-6 versus P-47D: P-47D won.
Me-109K versus P-47D: Me-109K won.

[Link]

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
P-47m
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 01:38:53 PM »
first three i was drunk and too tired ;)

the third three are much more representative.

jugs can handle it's own against many other planes, but once it gets slow something with a good climbrate like a 109K4 or spit16 will get away, even if the 47 manages to out turn them, as in our fights benny.

it's a tough plane to fly though, and needs some experience. i myself suck in the jug, i don't fly it much, so i'm sure that if it was 'your' ride and you flew it often, you could do much better than i did ;)

but thanks for the films benny, i hope perhaps that people might learn from them :)

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC