Author Topic: Spit 16 observations (much ado about nothing)  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Spit 16 observations (much ado about nothing)
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2009, 04:06:09 AM »
lol yarb's post made me check my k/d. It is 3.7 (most all in the 38)

Comparing k/d to your previous months may be ok, but don't try comparing to others as it is a poor way to compare unless you know if they fly like you do or in the same aircraft.

Doesnt k/d give and indication of their style of flying as in gung ho or like to land kills.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »
Doesnt k/d give and indication of their style of flying as in gung ho or like to land kills.

Not necessarily. One can fly "timid" and in a pure picking mode and get a K/D of only 1.5 because he sucks, while someone else can fly gung-ho all the time and still get 5.0
To get a indication about there flying style from stats alone you have to look at the whole picture, particularly k/s and k/h. And even that can sometimes be misleading. For example if you fly at non-peak times, it's more difficult to get a very high k/s and k/h.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 07:14:59 AM »

Not necessarily. One can fly "timid" and in a pure picking mode and get a K/D of only 1.5 because he sucks, while someone else can fly gung-ho all the time and still get 5.0
To get a indication about there flying style from stats alone you have to look at the whole picture, particularly k/s and k/h. And even that can sometimes be misleading. For example if you fly at non-peak times, it's more difficult to get a very high k/s and k/h.

Yes agreed the data needs carefull interpretation and one flyer may like to fly a p40 another a tempest but all this is buried among the stats.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
...and?

Your 95% figure was understating the case. No offense, I just like for the actual numbers to be out there.  :salute
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 01:01:22 AM »
I was wrong, it was IX I saw. Apparently it had pwned the XVI somewhere over the Cook Strait and pile-it had a recording of Ann Coulter chanting, "It's not the plane it's the pilot" swamping all available radio frequencies.
Retired