Author Topic: Do - 335  (Read 6455 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
Re: Do - 335
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »
You're doing it again...Define "seen service"

!!! :rofl !!!

HT says : "There is no hard and fast rule. But generally we want planes to have seen service."

He does NOT say- Service in WWII ...
He does NOT say - COMBAT
He does NOT say - In Squadron Strength
He MOST notably does NOT say - NO DO 335

The problem is that certain individuals seem to feel that since rules DO NOT EXIST, they are free to MAKE THEM UP. AND this has mislead a lot of well meaning folks who really have no malicious intent. Evidently AH is not enough of a game for some folks and they feel the need to make this forum into one too.

If it interests anyone ... The reference I mentioned regarding a do335 night fighter participating in Operation Gisela MAY refer to German Night Fighter Ace Heinz Wolfgang Schnaufer (121 kills) who commanded the 4th night fighter wing (ju88G). Documentation is VERY incomplete, but it is verified that Schnaufer was delivered a DO335 night fighter in Jan of 45 and that he was ENTHUSED about the plane. It suspected that the plan was to re-equip his wing with the DO335 NF Varient, but this remains undocumented. Given the state of affairs in germany at that time, it's unlikely an operational aircraft was allowed to sit idle if a pilot was available. Operational use of this DO-335 is completely in keeping with Schnaufer's character and reputation. He Was Germany's youngest wing commander and led his men from the cockpit.
:cool:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
!!! :rofl !!!

HT says : "There is no hard and fast rule. But generally we want planes to have seen service."

He does NOT say- Service in WWII ...
He does NOT say - COMBAT
He does NOT say - In Squadron Strength
He MOST notably does NOT say - NO DO 335

The problem is that certain individuals seem to feel that since rules DO NOT EXIST, they are free to MAKE THEM UP. AND this has mislead a lot of well meaning folks who really have no malicious intent. Evidently AH is not enough of a game for some folks and they feel the need to make this forum into one too.

If it interests anyone ... The reference I mentioned regarding a do335 night fighter participating in Operation Gisela MAY refer to German Night Fighter Ace Heinz Wolfgang Schnaufer (121 kills) who commanded the 4th night fighter wing (ju88G). Documentation is VERY incomplete, but it is verified that Schnaufer was delivered a DO335 night fighter in Jan of 45 and that he was ENTHUSED about the plane. It suspected that the plan was to re-equip his wing with the DO335 NF Varient, but this remains undocumented. Given the state of affairs in germany at that time, it's unlikely an operational aircraft was allowed to sit idle if a pilot was available. Operational use of this DO-335 is completely in keeping with Schnaufer's character and reputation. He Was Germany's youngest wing commander and led his men from the cockpit.
:cool:

Please post the records of any Do 335 that saw any service with any active Luftwaffe squadron.  The fact is that the Do 335 never saw any service with any squadron nor did it encounter any combat save one unconfirmed report by a French ace.

Like I said earlier, keep grasping for those straws.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
Please post the records of any Do 335 that saw any service with any active Luftwaffe squadron.
WHY? HT also DID NOT SAY he requires any kind of PROOF. Are you under the impression anyone cares what YOU think?
:rolleyes:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2012, 02:46:23 PM »
WHY? HT also DID NOT SAY he requires any kind of PROOF. Are you under the impression anyone cares what YOU think?

you obviously do because of your pathetic attempts to convince us all that you're right despite the absence of any verifiable facts to back up any of your claims.

Just to clue you in because you seem to lack any...when someone says "must have seen service" then that means there must be some sort of evidence to show that it saw service or it wouldn't qualify.  You've failed to show the necessary proof.  Basically, you've failed and dramatically at that.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »

Why do you insist on arguing with people who've been in the community far longer then you that might know the answer?

JG 52

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »

I care what Ack-Ack thinks he is a very knowledgeable person. :salute

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:22:46 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2012, 03:22:20 PM »
See Rule #4

That just proved to me the immaturity you have been displaying this whole thread.

Goodbye sir.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:23:00 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
I see no point in this continuing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com