Author Topic: Sight tactic for Mossies, 163s...ect  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Sight tactic for Mossies, 163s...ect
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »
TrackIR is not what I'm discussing.   Again, that is yet another example of "grasping at straws" in defense of the exploit.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 08:35:50 AM »
TrackIR is not what I'm discussing.   Again, that is yet another example of "grasping at straws" in defense of the exploit.

Huh..
Well I'm specifically thinking of moving the view over to look through the front window pane on the other side of the frame in the P-47D-11 so you can pick up a plane that had disappeared momentarily. Or scooting the head position way forward to help get those monstrous frames out of the way in 190 cockpits. In neither of these planes can you raise your head position enough to see a plane that you should be "belly blinded" to during an in-plane deflection shot. If you think using the snapviews like this to get around an unfortunate artifact of flying in sims is just awful and ruining the game... :rofl And doing the exact same thing by moving your head with TrackIR instead of thumbing a hatswitch is *not* an exploit? What, are you a TrackIR's sales rep or something?

EDIT: I've probably sampled a half-dozen combat flight sims...Il2, CFS, some of ThirdWire's stuff, etc. I'm telling you, the choice to *not* lock the head positions in the snap views in as rigidly as it is in Il2 or CFS was a brilliant choice on HTC's part. The ACM level in AHII is probably higher than in any other sim in large part because even with simple equipment you can easily keep eyes on the bandit and get around unfortunate artifacts of  sim flight (like not being able to lean your head 2 inches to see around a frame). AHII lets you concentrate on the flying, instead of the looking.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:31:00 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
Gents,

Moot and I have had a few arguments, but he is correct about shooting 30mm. A few years back Platano taught me to fly the K4. I flew it almost exclusivly for a month to learn how to aim the 30mm. By the end of the month I knew where the 30mm round would impact. It screwed up my timeing with MG and 20mm. But I could land 2-3 kills in the K4. The best advice he gave me on the 30mm was to learn how to fire one shot to kill one plane. Moot flys the 152 so much he can't help but hit other planes with it's 30mm. In the K4 I reached the point that I stopped tracking the con and pointed my pipper where it was going to be and pull the trigger. It's like skeet shooting with a pumkin ball round.

You guys should feel lucky Moot dosent start using an M8 as an Osti. That would raise gamey to a new level in AH.   :lol
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2009, 06:37:05 PM »
Gents,

Moot and I have had a few arguments, but he is correct about shooting 30mm. A few years back Platano taught me to fly the K4. I flew it almost exclusivly for a month to learn how to aim the 30mm. By the end of the month I knew where the 30mm round would impact. It screwed up my timeing with MG and 20mm. But I could land 2-3 kills in the K4. The best advice he gave me on the 30mm was to learn how to fire one shot to kill one plane. Moot flys the 152 so much he can't help but hit other planes with it's 30mm. In the K4 I reached the point that I stopped tracking the con and pointed my pipper where it was going to be and pull the trigger. It's like skeet shooting with a pumkin ball round.

You guys should feel lucky Moot dosent start using an M8 as an Osti. That would raise gamey to a new level in AH.   :lol

and my post is more on topic.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2009, 09:36:04 PM »
So what if you belive you are or are not. My point about Moot and 30mm is 100% dead on.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.