Author Topic: SSOP 7-12-03  (Read 4166 times)

Offline lucull

• Nickel Member
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2003, 02:36:57 PM »
After reviewing 5 snapshot designs, where always one side attacks and the other defends, I'm sure you misunderstood me. I meant that if every side has to defend and attack one objective, which makes 2 objectives per side, is boring. (also adding for me fromt tactical point of view, now ;)).

If I read you correct, we agree that a certain kind of event design requires a minimum number of players.
Then I would say, that Friday designs (each sides attacking and defending at the same time) can not be scaled down for 60 players, if you follow skernsk's numbers of 15-20 per objective.

If you want a minimum of 15 players per objective and 3 objectives per side (1 attack out of 2 and 2 defend, but only 1 will be attacked; you get what I mean? didn't find the right words), so that every side attacks and defends at the same time, you will need a total numbers of 90 players.

Last but not least, I agree with you, that SSO is on the road to recovery. :)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2003, 02:59:16 PM »
If I read you correct, we agree that a certain kind of event design requires a minimum number of players.
Then I would say, that Friday designs (each sides attacking and defending at the same time) can not be scaled down for 60 players, if you follow skernsk's numbers of 15-20 per objective.
Depending on the write up you could have one side with 2 or 3 targets to defend and none to attack. If you had 2 or 3 targets to defend and attack that would obviously be too much for 80 players.

One of innate problems with numbers this low for Squad Ops is if one or two squads have a low turn out it really can adversely affect the whole event. When you have 200 per week it would not matter so much if 3 or 6 guys did not make it to the event.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2003, 05:35:16 PM »
Originally posted by jordi
To me it seems the EXPERIENCED CIC's from Sunday should be helping out the NEW CIC's.

If a NEW CIC makes a plan that does not seem to "WORK" the experienced CIC's should help out even if it is a "Subtle" Suggestion to the CIC.

You can not just say, as an EXPERIENCED CIC , I will just go with plan no matter how flawed it may be without speaking up either in an email or on the forums.

Just my 2 cents worth at least.

holly words Jordi
you know best how hard is do so many job for AH events as you do.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2003, 05:40:34 PM »
Originally posted by Suave
Admin CM should allways review the CO's plans and OK them  before they are sent out. Yes this is micromanagement to an extent, but if a frame sucks even if it was the COs fault, ultimately who's responsibility is it?

More than two objectives per side is too many for 60 participants.

In my experience a lot of sqops players don't  know how to bomb, don't want to learn, and generally view being assigned to buffs as a negative thing. Are there any bomber squads that play sqops ?

well i thought admin CM did it
i got spanked couple times for not walking with rules and expectations from admnin cm. Before and after event

At last somone agree sunday should not be by copy of friday.

And no, here is no dedicated bombers squadrons (as far as i know). Somone remember JB squadron who not show up when was assigned to bombers mission?
From my expirience i can say bmbers are not fun for me. Noone of my pilots flying SOPS like to be sitting duck

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2003, 05:50:36 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
Depending on the write up you could have one side with 2 or 3 targets to defend and none to attack. If you had 2 or 3 targets to defend and attack that would obviously be too much for 80 players.

One of innate problems with numbers this low for Squad Ops is if one or two squads have a low turn out it really can adversely affect the whole event. When you have 200 per week it would not matter so much if 3 or 6 guys did not make it to the event.

Daddog, here when even half squadron not show up is big problem. Cuz its 1/4 of forces. In this case as CiC i just cancel strike actions.

Since year we have problem with sunday. And still same errors repeat. Good is, problem with setup and time of start was fixed when 2-3 new setup cm's was assigned to sunday. And they did great work so far. SO no more whine about late start of mistakes in setup.
But still is not fixed problem with design of frame.
I hope it will be fix soon, and when  (if) we get back to large numbers. Same xhema f design can be used for sunday as for friday. Till we not reach 100, is no way to work with current scheme.

Ah one more  about moderate forum, ........... i hope head of cm;s read that

ramzey
« Last Edit: December 10, 2003, 05:52:42 PM by ramzey »

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2003, 07:20:21 PM »
Originally posted by ramzey
Ah one more  about moderate forum, ........... i hope head of cm;s read that
I have access to (and try to read!) all the forums..... Allies & Axis, Friday and Sunday.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
SSOP 7-12-03
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2003, 09:38:14 PM »
flossy send me your mail please, i will wrote what im writing about

ramzey

Offline Flossy

• Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website