Author Topic: War  (Read 6089 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2003, 04:39:24 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Yes the 12 years of heavy sanctions, overflights of no fly zones, repaeted bombing raids and missle strikes, diplomatic pressure and support of opposition groups had nothing to do with US policy of wanting to see Saddam either change his attitudes or be gone from power...  We gave him 12 years to figure it out, how much longer do you think we should waited?

All of which have absolutely nothing to do with what I typed. You have succeeded in proving that you are incapable of understanding what is typed out in plain english.

Saddam needed to be dealt with, but it seems we rushed to war there. The plan of action after the cessation of organized (as much as they could have been) military hostilities to date seems to be a miserable failure.

That second sentence explains why I believe we rushed to war, because the plan of action after it isn't working.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2003, 04:42:35 PM »
Oh so you would wait for the perfect plan... :rolleyes:

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
Uhm... I just don't know how to respond to that one. So I'll give you some carpentry advice:

Measure twice, cut once.
-SW

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2003, 04:48:01 PM »
I hate the post,

Thought you would like to know:)

one sided and with an adgenda , and ...  boring

have a good day:aok

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2003, 04:49:54 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
Uhm... I just don't know how to respond to that one. So I'll give you some carpentry advice:

Measure twice, cut once.
-SW

The wonder of hindsight, you are truly wise - perhaps the Pentagon should have called you back in March. :)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2003, 04:56:58 PM »
I'd evidently be just as effective with their intel... strike outs on all accounts to date. Either fabricated or outdated data.

Great thing about America, you can criticize the government without being jailed as an enemy of the state and even vote out the president if he screws up enough.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2003, 05:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by kappa
I drive a Honda Accord and love it..  On the interstate I can drive 90mph and still get 27mpg.. 8)

Well, I guess you can't be all bad. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
War
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2003, 05:08:23 PM »
I am saying that we created the Saddam the world knows today through supplying him with weapons and WMDs. -SW

You have to have a really nice imagination or a black helicopter complex to make a statement like that.  That particular point of view has been proven to be an exaggeration at best and a lie at the worst.  Again if you have not read the 1993  Congressional  Report on just that subject, I suggest you do.

The CDC sent samples of SOME biological samples that could have been used to create a WMD but there is no evidence it was ever used for anything but vaccine research.  The commerce department approved the transfer that violated no US or International law at the time.

Several companies from better than a dozen countries sent dual use equipment to Iraq.  The US, France, Japan, Britain and Germany to name a few. Germany was the biggest supplier and two men were convicted of violating German laws.  

BTW the only WMD ever used (on the Kurds) by Iraq were not developed from materials and assistance from any US company or government agency.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2003, 05:09:24 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
I fly mostly LW planes because they have qualities which the unperked US/UK planes simply don't possess.

Even without the swastika? Ok, low blow.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2003, 05:16:33 PM »

Measure twice, cut once.
-SW

Hey SW,

I am building an Irish Taum using Hickory for the legs, and American Cherry for the seat and back.  The seat and back will have cyprus inlays in a mohican motif.  The legs attach using a mortise and tenon. My question is which species should I use for the pins to hold the mortise and tenon joint, and can you recommend a proper glue? I prefer a organic glue reminiscent of the colonial period.

Thanks,

Holden
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2003, 05:31:03 PM »
Holden, I would recommend an organic protein compound that comes free of charge and is readily available to you at 15 minute intervals.

Krusher, according to this article 24 companies were on the list of companies that Iraq submitted to the UN as to who helped their WMD programme.
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/unmovic/2002/1217comp.htm
-SW

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2003, 05:31:44 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Hey SW,

I am building an Irish Taum using Hickory for the legs, and American Cherry for the seat and back.  The seat and back will have cyprus inlays in a mohican motif.  The legs attach using a mortise and tenon. My question is which species should I use for the pins to hold the mortise and tenon joint, and can you recommend a proper glue? I prefer a organic glue reminiscent of the colonial period.

Thanks,

Holden

I've always preferred Ash pins, but Elm is really the best -- it literally will not twist apart.  Hide glue is good, but yellow wood glue is great.

I have approximately 400 board feet of 5/4 walnut FAS.  Want to buy it?

curly

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2003, 05:34:08 PM »
A cattle rancher needs a bull to service his cows but needs to borrow the  breeding fee from the bank. The banker lends him the money and comes by a week later to see how his investment is doing.

The farmer complains that the bull just eats grass and won't even look at the cows. The banker tells the farmer that he knows a great  veterinarian and that he'll send him out the next day to check out the bull.  The next week the banker returns to see if the vet helped.

The farmer looks very pleased and tells the banker, "The bull has Serviced all my cows, broke through the fence, and has even serviced all my neighbor's cows."

"Wow," says the banker. "What did the vet do to that bull?" "Just gave him some pills," replies the farmer. "What kind of pills?" asks the banker.

"I don't know," says the smiling farmer, "but they sort of taste like peppermint."

curly

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2003, 05:42:28 PM »
The Brits certainly accumulated more wealth and influence up to early 20th century than any nation seen before or since.  It was imperialism on a scale never seen before.

But alas, the Brits had a sense of fair play.

Let's roll it back a few centuries and we can accuse the Vikings of murder, rape and pillage on a scale never seen before (but alas, equalled and exceeded by a few of our modern day nasty guys.)

So now, we have a modern day viking (Gscholz) berating us for a few ill-conceived adventures.  

Ok you Nordic types, I insist, explain the behavior of your ancestors and rationalize it for us please. :)

curly

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2003, 05:59:24 PM »
Holden, I would recommend an organic protein compound that comes free of charge and is readily available to you at 15 minute intervals.-SW

I would have tried that, but the mortise is too small (and too shallow)

>edit: and splinters!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 06:05:11 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!