Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 28173 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2004, 02:21:51 PM »
Ooooh! :eek: I'm being TAS gangbanged. :D

But it's TRUE! Just look for yourself. Pick any pilot in the top 10 last tour, and they all flew the Big Three. There's no flaw in that statement.

Tarmac said "There are many other good pilots out there that probably do it without really trying as well." I wish there were a way to download the information more easily - I've even checked with MiniD to see if there is a way to do it but there isn't. So to derive the data, the stats of each player has to be checked individually. And I haven't found any (except Tarmac) who are exceptions to the rule that I spoke of in the above posts.

Slapshot: I believe the P51 is faster, climbs faster, and turns better than the F4U1C/1D. And the elevator response is perhaps not as good above 400mph. But the F4U does roll well. I like that.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2004, 02:29:47 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Ooooh! :eek: I'm being TAS gangbanged. :D

But it's TRUE! Just look for yourself. Pick any pilot in the top 10 last tour, and they all flew the Big Three. There's no flaw in that statement.

Tarmac said "There are many other good pilots out there that probably do it without really trying as well." I wish there were a way to download the information more easily - I've even checked with MiniD to see if there is a way to do it but there isn't. So to derive the data, the stats of each player has to be checked individually. And I haven't found any (except Tarmac) who are exceptions to the rule that I spoke of in the above posts.

Slapshot: I believe the P51 is faster, climbs faster, and turns better than the F4U1C/1D. And the elevator response is perhaps not as good above 400mph. But the F4U does roll well. I like that.

[size=8]SO WHAT !!![/size]

Geesh !!! Get off your EasyMode™ soapbox ... get a pair of nads ... and fart in the direction of the EasyMode™ planes.

Yeah ... me and Rude ... quite the gangbang ... wimp !!! ;)
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2004, 02:35:30 PM »
Whaddya mean, "so what"? Read the thread title again. It's about how to get a high rank. Rod367 has made some good points, and I am exercising my right to make some observations of my own. That is all. Do you have a problem with that?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2004, 02:42:45 PM »
You berate lazs about his constant "closer fields" mantra, yet you must pollute just about every thread with your "EasyMode™ plane" mantra ... its not an observation ... its a whine. You want to discredit some becuase of an occasional sortie in certain planes ... bollocks.

Bottom line beet1e ... Every time you die, its because you screwed up ... simple as that ... nothing more ... nothing less.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2004, 02:45:52 PM »
I'm sorry Beetle....I didn't understand that this thread was about scoring.

Slapshot....as your CO, I order you to stand down and cease any further hostilities directed towards Beetle.

there...how's that Beet?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2004, 05:00:50 PM »
Finishing in top 100 without flying the big 3 isn't that hard. Check the camps I've finished in top 100, not one mission in any of those planes or the niki for that matter. People overrate the impact of the planes versus the person flying them. I'll wager Stang or someone of his calibre could finish in the top 100 in just about any fighter.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #231 on: January 08, 2004, 05:25:05 PM »
The point is that no-one gets into the top 100 fighter ranks, without resorting to the EasyMode™ plane subset, ie P51/LA7/Spit ix.

Ah, you appear to be saying that the stats support your assertion.  However you fail to mention the number of those 100 players that flew the big 4 so little, it could not impact their score enough to remove them from the top 100.  So under closer examintation you are putting a false weight of statistics behind your claim.  You are not a political spokesperson are you?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2004, 07:04:23 PM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Ah, you appear to be saying that the stats support your assertion.  However you fail to mention the number of those 100 players that flew the big 4 so little, it could not impact their score enough to remove them from the top 100.  So under closer examintation you are putting a false weight of statistics behind your claim.  You are not a political spokesperson are you?
I said what I said, and I was very careful in what I said. Read what I said, then try to understand what I said. You'll see that I was right - in what I said.  

All this angst seems to stem from the fact that I used the term "EasyMode™". And why shouldn't I?

And by the way, Murdr, I see from your stats that you are an LA7 dweeb.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2004, 07:16:14 PM »

i see from yours you're just a plain old dweeb.

:aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2004, 07:29:14 PM »
Hehe Steve.  Try not to get too upset. You're no longer talking in the O'Club

I'm not upset Beet, I'm just 100% convinced you don't know what you're talking about.  You've never done anything at any time in this game for any length of time to indicate that you are an authority on the  P51 as an "easymode" plane.  Therefore you have no business commenting on it as such, you simply don't know.

Cat got your tongue in there - quite literally in your case.

Hee hee hee... good one.      :lol

I got 27 kills in an evening session, and never even got pinged once.

One night's flying does not an expert make you.

But there came a time when I felt I was seal clubbing.

When? Since you love to argue numbers, let's.  you never did better than 4/1 K/D in a pony..  I dunno about you, but I hardly call that seal clubbing.  Also, during much of this time, you averaged less than 1 kill per sortie.  Cmon, do you really think you are an authority on the pony?

You imply you don't care about rank, but here you are reading and spouting in a thread all about rank.

I read most of the threads in here, and enjoy discussing lots of things. I rarely rank very high in the game, so if I do care,  I suck  :)

I'll give you time to calm down, and then we can resume our customary spirit of cordiality on Voxx.

Beet, I don't mean my tone to be less than cordial, I simply  strongly disagree with you here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 07:34:10 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »
umm, Beet, check my stats and please show me where i was in a ezmode  spit9/la7/p51...etc,  as you put it, last camp.  so it is possible to get top 100 fiter, and for that matter top 20, not really trying, just having fun.  :p :)

Edit:  ok. i had 8 la7 kills and 5 spit9 kills out of 1065 total kills.   without them i woulda been ranked 101 fiter.  :o
And i in no way, shape or form think that rank really means everything.  :aok

~S~
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 08:25:37 PM by killnu »
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2004, 08:13:48 PM »
Yet another thread gone all beetle bailey :aok

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2004, 08:17:30 PM »
The point is that no-one gets into the top 100 fighter ranks, without resorting to the EasyMode™ plane subset, ie P51/LA7/Spit ix.

Ok Beetle, I’ll bite.

I pretty much left the MA for the CT when it came into being, about MA Tour 23.

Here are the fighter/attack planes that I flew in Tour 21 to get a fighter rank of 11 and overall rank of 2:

Plane > # of kills in
109F-4 > 254
Typhoon / 87
109G-2 > 49
F4U-1C > 47
A6M5b > 34
Il-2 > 28
Mosquito > 14
C.205 > 12
Fw 190D-9 > 11
F6F-5 > 8
109G-10 > 5
SeaFire > 5
P-51D > 3
P-38L > 3
F4U-1D > 2
P-47-D25 > 2
Spitfire V > 2
P-47-D30 >1
109G-6 > 1

I guess those three P-51D kills at the expense of three deaths really boosted my rank.

eskimo

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2004, 08:35:41 PM »
Eskimo Just wanted to mention that avatar is awsome.

we now return you to your regularly schedualed poopfest.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Re: Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2004, 10:49:17 PM »
I said what I said, and I was very careful in what I said. Read what I said, then try to understand what I said. You'll see that I was right - in what I said.

Kind of like when they say George Herbert Hoover Bush.  He has presided over the loss of over 4 million jobs.  The Bush economy has produced the most unemployment since the great depression.
Also very carfully said.  Omiting the parts about 3.6 million of them went to new jobs, another portion became self employed, and the unemployment rate being within a couple tenths of a percent of what Clinton declared as "full employment", "Everybody in America that wants a job, has a job"

All this angst seems to stem from the fact that I used the term "EasyMode™". And why shouldn't I?

You read the board as well as you read stats then.  You can scream EASYMODE all you want and you will be ignored.  However if you make an erronious statement...

See above. :)