Author Topic: Gay Parenting  (Read 4122 times)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2004, 07:34:11 PM »
I think people should get over the " a family consists of a father and mother " bull****...I know plenty of families (including my own), where a father should've been more than the guy who impregnated your mother.

People should be more concerned about the makeup of a parent...whether they're simply good people, rather than that ridiculous notion whether they're ok with God.

Like MT said: People used to make the exact same argument against mixed race marriages

then the problem is society, not those who are deemed different inside it.

Being teased at school doesn't take much effort...glasses, overweight, not being athletic etc etc..so having a minority as parents hardly qualifies you for special staus does it..

perhaps the real problem lies in the "traditional god fearing" families who teach their children intolerance

Tronsky
« Last Edit: February 14, 2004, 07:36:53 PM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2004, 07:43:29 PM »
I remember being mercilessly teased at school due to my bronze Adonis physique, my superior intellect, and my telekinetic powers.  If it weren’t for my superior emotional strength, my politically connected family, (dad had several judges in his pocket, and a couple of congressmen) my girlfriends, and my Ferrari, I don’t think I would have made it.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Gay Parenting
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2004, 07:54:49 PM »
Fact of the matter is, society thinks it's wrong, therefore it will be wrong. Not even laws will change it. Some think it's ok, most think it's not. Since the majority of our society sees gay marriage is wrong, morally or religiously, it will remain that way because our society will not and can not accept it.

There's no point in debating...no matter what your opinion is. Our society says it's wrong, so it's wrong. Unfortunatly, it'll always be that way.

Same thing with race, too.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2004, 07:59:18 PM »
Tronsky, if you're inferring I'm a "traditional god fearing" person, that's pretty much a swing and a miss.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2004, 08:22:57 PM »
this thread is now lol

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »
I believe the best a child can have is a loving mother and father.

To have two loving fathers or mothers is better than not having any love at all but I would add that I think homosexuality is a deviant sexual behavior.  Just my opinion.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 08:37:59 PM »
perhaps the real problem lies in the "traditional god fearing" families who teach their children intolerance

Add my name to that list of "traditional God-fearing families". I'd also like to add I won't be handing rubbers to my daughters for their dates, sexually repressed as I am.

Some of you guys talk a pretty good show while you don't have kids. Things change when you grow up.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 08:39:27 PM »
My opinions on homosexuality will change after I breed?  Why is that?
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 08:41:31 PM »
There's no point in debating...no matter what your opinion is. Our society says it's wrong, so it's wrong. Unfortunatly, it'll always be that way.

That's more of a problem than you think. There is no absolute right or wrong as far as secular society is concerned, so everything is open to vote, over and over. The farther we sink, the more behaviors become acceptable. It won't be long folks will be arguing "genetic disposition" for every evil they commit. Then what can we do? Can't find a guy guilty for following nature, now can we?

Moral Relativism, here we come.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2004, 08:44:22 PM »
Yep, the end of the world is upon us. :rolleyes: <---damn haven't used that retarded thing in a while.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2004, 09:11:15 PM »
Pretty much, yeah. Wait'll you have kids, SOB. I hope you remember all of this when you do. Of course by then the age of consensual sex ought to be 10-12 years old, Michael Jackson will be hailed as a visionary, and we'll be talking about whether or not pedophiles can really sense the sexual orientation of infants.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Gay Parenting
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2004, 09:25:13 PM »
So kieran how do you think a country should be run?  A taliban-esque regime that has a very clear and strict ethos?
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2004, 09:41:41 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Pretty much, yeah. Wait'll you have kids, SOB. I hope you remember all of this when you do. Of course by then the age of consensual sex ought to be 10-12 years old, Michael Jackson will be hailed as a visionary, and we'll be talking about whether or not pedophiles can really sense the sexual orientation of infants.

Ok Kieren, I'm still trying to understand where you're coming from here.  As much as you can "know" a person on an internet BB, you seem like a good guy.  I'd be glad to have you as a neighbor.  When the time comes, I intend to raise my kids in much the same way that I bet you raise yours.  

That being said, I still can't see why you're so opposed to a marriage between two consenting adults, whatever their sex may be.  I understand that you probably interpret the Bible in a fairly literal fashion (excuse me for jumping to a conclusion here); but some of us do not.  Some people don't even recognize the Bible as anything more than a significant historical document.  While allowing gay marriage may be against the Bible, you seem to believe that it will lead to the moral downfall of society.  There are universal morals IMO, but there are ways to teach them that don't involve the Bible.  People that don't necessarily believe the literal interpretation of the Bible aren't automatically murders because they do not believe in the Ten Commandments.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2004, 09:44:39 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
So kieran how do you think a country should be run?  A taliban-esque regime that has a very clear and strict ethos?

I guess you got me there, big guy. Anyone religious is taliban, right? Does it really matter what justification I'd give to you?

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 09:49:40 PM »
Tarmac, I know not everyone accepts the Bible as the truth, that's obvious. I live in the world, and I have to accept my morals cannot be forced upon others. Sadly, the reverse cannot be said.

It used to be I could count on common sense and a system of law to at least slow the inevitable. Sadly, that's not the case anymore. Massachusetts is about to send us all down the path, willing or not. I don't view it as a victory as some might. It makes me sad on two levels, first because it goes against my God, second because it goes against my system of government. Two branches of the government have just been rendered moot, and everyone thinks it's just great. Even if you don't care about the religious aspect of what is happening, the secular aspect should be scary enough.