Author Topic: Gay Parenting  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Gay Parenting
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2004, 09:26:27 AM »
You don’t choose to be gay.

If your kid was gay Kieran, then how do you approach that?

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Gay Parenting
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2004, 09:58:43 AM »
I'm an atheist, but I'm married.  Marriage is about love and commitment, not religion.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2004, 10:18:57 AM »
Damnit, it wasn't about marriage.  We all know its only a matter of time before gay marriage becomes the law.

Think of the children!

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Gay Parenting
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2004, 11:04:39 AM »
If it causes someone's head to explode citing biblical references, hellfire and eternal damnation, then that entertainment alone makes it all worth while.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2004, 11:44:39 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Gosh, if marriage is defined as something that is church driven, does that mean that my atheist, non-religious wedding is invalid as well?

If you married another man it is......

Offline Connection

• Copper Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2004, 11:45:50 AM »
MRBLACK: As far as God sees It Yes.
But that dont matter to you anyway right.

But what if I am agnostic and do believe in God, just not in religion, and certainly not the same hoopty vengeful God you believe in?

JB, the bible is writen by men. There is not a bit of holy or supernatural wizardry around it; the only paranormal lore that influenced it was purely in the drugged-up mind of some of its writers.

I have nothing against the bible and I believe it is a nice work of fiction with some good references for better living - but its not a rulebook on how all of humanity HAS to live. In fact, believing it is a rulebook that has to be enforced is  downright dangerous and has caused QUITE a bit of suffering through history.

So if you wanna bring an argument against gay parenting, or any topic whatsoever, for your sake dont just bust in and say "BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS SO" cause that is just as retarded and dangerous as saying "BECAUSE THE CORAN SAYS SO".

Irrational thinking?

Believing in something written by man proclaiming it to be the word of God sounds irrational to me.

Not to be argumentative, but when you say "God" and "church", exactly which god and church are you talking about?

We have a number of good citizens who don't worship your god or go to your church.

Furthermore, the majority of the founding fathers of this country certainly weren't christian -- they were deists.

It seems to me that decisions about how society works should be based on rational rule based systems. Since a belief in god is irrational (belief in a supernatural being), why don't we just agree to discuss this based on whether it's good for society without raising irrational and unprovable issues.

curly

All quoted for emphasis.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2004, 12:37:57 PM »
Creamo-

As far as I know, people don't choose to be axe murderers either. Yet we still have people arguing against the death penalty because of home environments and the impact they have on
the perps. So it appears we believe environment can contribute to something as extreme as murder, but can't possibly be involved in
sexual orientation. Interesting viewpoint.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2004, 01:21:44 PM »
What?! People that are gay are usually happy, normal, and not murdering Psychopaths with axes.

To compare them that way is insane, justified by only by your blind faith. Lol, you dip****.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
Gay Parenting
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2004, 02:14:04 PM »
According to my Church of the Firm Boobie, all marraiges to ugly chicks (even those that become fat after marraige) are invalid in the eyes of God.

Homosexual marragies between non-believing men outside of the church are encouraged but not recognized, as that leaves more firm boobies for those within my parish.

We are currently working on a constitutional admendment to make our beliefs the law of the land, but at present there are still some obstacles to overcome.

It doesn't really matter because in the long run all non believers are cursed to an eternity of saggy breasts in the afterlife anyway.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2004, 02:24:41 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo
What?! People that are gay are usually happy, normal, and not murdering Psychopaths with axes.

To compare them that way is insane, justified by only by your blind faith. Lol, you dip****.

Won't matter what I compare them to, you were prepared to rip me on it regardless. I just made it easy to do what you planned to do anyway.

You're welcome.

Notice you didn't comment on the environment aspect of the post, but then... didn't really expect you to.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2004, 02:34:08 PM »
Oh please. I don't **** and load on your posts, this took me by surprise.

(Coock is a bad word here I guess)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »
Well, examine what I was trying to say instead of focusing on a comparison I really wasn't trying to make.

When the argument suits a certain camp, everything a person does seems to be attributed to their environment growing up. When it does not suit this camp's agenda, environment has nothing to do with the issue. I'm suggesting it cannot be  both ways. No, I'm saying it straight out, it cannot be both ways. Either environment matters, or it doesn't. I think it does.

Stiehl claims, and Thrawn agrees, it's not as if gay parents will turn their kids gay. That's a pretty absolute statement that suggests gay parents couldn't if they wanted to. Perhaps sexual orientation can be influenced, perhaps it can't, but behaviors certainly CAN be influenced.

Seems to me we need to decide which way it is. If environment matters, we cannot allow gay couples to raise families. If environment doesn't matter, we need to start pulling switches on some death row inmates pronto, because there isn't anything we can do to save them. Notice the common thread here isn't homosexuality/murderer, it's the issue of the impact of home environment on behavior.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2004, 03:09:55 PM »
I solved my own problem.  It was partially thanks to someone who called me a racist early on.  But I've got it figured out now.

Thanks for the arguing.

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2004, 03:18:30 PM »
I know not everyone accepts the Bible as the truth, that's obvious. I live in the world, and I have to accept my morals cannot be forced upon others. Sadly, the reverse cannot be said.
 Kieran<~~very well said!!

most of my freinds grew up athiest,,and use to make fun of me for my beliefs once and a while,,because some teacher forced there beliefs on them,,one of them in perticular,,use to really laugh at me for my beliefs,,and about 3 years ago i hooked back up with him,,he now has kids and a family,,and he told me he was going to church,,i looked at him in shock,,and said really?,,he said ya,,alot of things have happend over the years,,and changed his mind on things

he use to be a hell raizer,,allways in trouble,,allways in jail,,because he didnt care about his life,,now he has kids,a family and a job,,has turned his life around for the better,,im proud that he did it on his own,,i never once preached to anyone who didnt wanna hear,,its useless!! the bible says dont preach apon death ears!! pretty much saying,,save your breath for those who will lisin

i dont beleve in gay marriges,,i think it will make alot of messed up kids,,i seen so many kids get made fun of because of there last name or picked on because of the clothes they wear,,you dont think they will get made fun of for having 2 dads that kiss? if you beleve that,,you didnt go to public school,,lol

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2004, 03:19:45 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
If environment matters, we cannot allow gay couples to raise families.

Why not?  Because they might choose to raise their kids as gay and lead to the downfall of humanity and the reversing of the polarity of the earth's magnetic field or whatever other calamity they'll bring?

What if, like many reasonable parents would want to, they simply give the kid the emotional/mental tools to decide for him/herself if he or she is gay or straight?  Those people shouldn't have a chance to have a family, because a few in their demographic group might raise their kids as gay?

By that logic, straight people shouldn't have families either since they might raise their sons to beat their wives.