Author Topic: Some reactions from the arab world about Nick Berg's gruesome assassination  (Read 7092 times)

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Originally posted by Toad
There's no moving goalpost.

There's very little in the way of "broadcast news" from either the "leading authorities" of Islam or the "Islamic governments" condemning this act.

Yes, the Islamic states most closely allied with the US have spoken. Yes, one or two Islamic sources have spoken.

There has not, however, been the widely publicized condemnation of this act by the general leadership of Islam/Islamic states that it's going to take to end this sort of barbarism.

Toad there never will be!

They will allways stick together against the eveil Ameerikins even if they know they are wrong .

And there lies the definition of ignorance.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Kweassa
but rather what has become of the Middle East during the long years of Western intervention (not necessarily only the US) for the last 200 years.

Although there has been a cultural schism for a millenium, I think your time table is a bit long. The reason Columbus sailed west to get to the east was to bypass Arab traders of spices and other goodies from Asia. This was not intervention, it was trade.

The Ottoman Turks ruled huge areas of the mideast from about 1450 until WW1 and pretty much limited European intervention to Egypt.  The Versallies treaty gave the remnants of the Ottoman Empire to France and UK.  

Before that Salidin pretty much cleaned out the Crusaders.

Us intervention started in 1933 with oil companies.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Ok I found last night another version of the video, 5+ mins long and with much bigger pictures than the first that I saw (which was just a little bigger than a thumbnail, without sound and lasting only 40-50 secs: the beheading in itself).

I have to admit that a lot of my questions are answered now (sorry for the disgusting details to follow): Nick Berg does move during the reading of his 'condemnation' (which he fortunately doesn't seem to understand). It's not a corps nor a doll. The blood is hard to see because the terrorists seem to have covered the ground with a dark brown mat, maybe to absorb the spilling. At some time I think it is possible to see the flow of blood.
And the time stamps are coherent with the hypothesis of 2 cameras recording simultaneously, the first with a 12:00:00 format time stamps, the second with a 24:00:00 format. One of the cams is 1 hour off, which is quite frequent with the daylight saving changes.

If I looked like an arnold to some of you, I'll accept it. It is only about me. However, I want you to know that my questions weren't meant to be disrespectful to the memory of Nick Berg but only a legitimate search for some truth during an era when images are potent weapons.

I'll also confess that, even after having been witness of some violent deaths or very serious accidents, I was much more upset by the second video than by the very first I saw. It suprised myself, because I knew what was going to happen, and what I was going to see, and I thought that I had learned over the years to rationalize such situations to avoid to be sucked into the emotional aspect of it. Bigger, clearer images, and sound were enough to shatter my resolve. I still don't assimilate Moslims with terrorists, and I'm still against the death penalty in most cases, but such a complete show of inhumanity only deserves the ultimate punishment.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

storch

I don't think you look like an ***,  I think that your typically euro pro Arab anti American/Israel view shows through.  What you guys fail to realize is the Arabs are barbarous because they were created that way.  But of course since you don't believe in creation that last statement to you is folly. I quote Genesis Chapter 16 verses 11 and 12 from the New International version of the Bible.

"The Angel of the Lord said to her:

You are now with child
and you will have a son
You shall name him Ishmael
for the Lord has heard your misery.

He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone's hand against him,
and he will live in hostility toward
all his brothers."

This applied to the person of Ishmael and also to his progeny.  Take an open minded view of the verse and see if it is not so.

Read a little before and after as well.  genesis is a great read.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 08:35:20 AM by storch »

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Sorry Storch, but the kind of BS you're quoting is used by the Allah freaks (this is not an insult to Muslims) to justify the above discussed beheading.

People like you scare me.

And screw this (painfully if needed) through your thick skull until you find what remains of you brain: I'm not an arab lover nor a US hater.
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

storch

BOO

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Originally posted by storch
What you guys fail to realize is the Arabs are barbarous because they were created that way.

I presume you're a member of some american national-sosialistic party? *cough*nazi*cough*

storch

Apparently you're not too big on literacy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 10:56:13 AM by storch »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nah, it's just that his best argument is calling someone a *cough* nazi*cough*.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Originally posted by Toad
Nah, it's just that his best argument is calling someone a *cough* nazi*cough*.

Funny argument, considering I haven't used it until now.
Can't say your best 'argument' was anything special...

Storch,

Literacy? theres lots of material to read and each claims their own stuff..
Surely theres material which claims the same of christianity or americans.

Somehow you just seem to forget your kind view of literacy is a double edged sword.

What about the arabs living in US? some of them are in better jobs than you are and hardly hostile.
What about all the arabs? heck, if all arabs would be like that, coalition would been already drove out of Iraq.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 11:19:26 AM by Fishu »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Well, actually, I've never really seen you frame a cogent argument.

So, this is your first and best I guess.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline lada

• Silver Member
Originally posted by storch
What you guys fail to realize is the Arabs are barbarous because they were created that way.  

hehe may be you should check reality about barbarous

http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html
http://www.kvinnonet.org/war/WarCriminals3.html

Btw. have you ever been abroad ?

Or you were scared that Europians will take skin of your body ?

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
I travel extensively abroad, both Asia and Europe.

I'm pleased to say that you, lada, are not representative of the Europeans that I have met and of my European collegues that I have the pleasure to work with.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Nope, Lada isn't representative at all of the Europeans I've met as well.

More in the "unique" category, I'd say.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
thanks for respond guys, but silly question were for storch