Author Topic: Please return open channel  (Read 12575 times)

Offline GaBBeR

• Zinc Member
Please return open channel
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2004, 12:50:48 AM »
HTC is a fairly small company, and they have much to do. However, the suggestion that I and slapshot talked about would be a very, very easy fix. I have some background in programming, and I know adding a checkbox to automatically keep Ch1 off or on would be a one lined code. That's how simple it could be.

Agreed about moderators, it is a large game now, and you don't need to pay moderators, just get volunteer players with an upstanding record. That's how most games do it. (I.E., gamestorm when AW3 was around)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2004, 01:34:59 AM »
Originally posted by Seeker
Range vox next, please by all that's holy let me turn range vox OFF!

YEAH!  I'm getting tired of hearing Seeker tell his 'dancing during Oktoberfest' story.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2004, 01:37:49 AM »
That's ok .... everytime he starts it I'll start singing "Burning Love."

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2004, 11:03:47 AM »
Hitech say's "I will not operate by polls."
Fine so be it, but we are still customers, and customers dont like to be treated with contempt. I dont appreciate being treated with the scorn of the higher authority because a few bad apples went off on Chn 1.
Chn 1 has and should continue to be part of the game. Obviously others share a different opinion. But the option has and is still in place to squelch the channel or persons involved. For me I feel like I have been punished and givin little option here.
To set in motion policy by decry is belittling to the entire community.
Many of you are going to jump all over me for this but I do not really care. I still think that if you dont like what you see on chn1 you could easily turn it off. But to take it away from me and the others who want it is punitive, for no reason other than to satisfy the minorities moral compass.

ZZ3

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2004, 11:42:13 AM »
Thanks HT
There are way too many kids that play/see or hear this game for the stuff on 1.
 Think about it, you guys complaining.
 If You had a 8 or 9 year old running around the house would you expose him to some of the talk on 1?
 I'll wager the one's doin the trash takin don't have "junior" looking over their shoulder watching every word.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2004, 11:52:47 AM »
I realy Like the Idea of Having NO Chanel 1, one of the first things I kinda mised from AH when I fist dabbled in WW2 online was Chanel 1, but in time I realised that despite the number of people playing WW2 online thier was hardely any,,,like None of the BS and bickering you see in AH. I got so tiered of seeing the poofests in the buffer I simply stoped looking at anything on Chanel one, and only pay ataention to Green or squad anyway now, this is a good idea imo.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2004, 12:29:31 PM »
Holy Cow Brady!!!!!! 8800 posts???!!!!! How is that possible?:D

Anyway, what some people have missed is that there is no reason for it to be to have it or not to have it completely. The solution is to have it be an option. Simple really.

If you dont want it...turn it off.
If you do want it, turn it on.   Cool huh?:eek:

FBRaptor

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2004, 12:31:47 PM »
Went to a few parties up at UCONN though, those were fun

haha yeah parties panties parties.:D  

So many parties so little time :p
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »
Well, 2,000 or so were Name this Posts:)

I think I made 1,000 or so on the Operation watch tower CO/CM forum as well:)

And the CT Staff Forum, took a couple more thousand...

And the Okinawa CO/CM Forum took another.....

:)

I also have never changed my name since I signed up, many on the BBS have doen so, so they have realy made more posts than it would seam, and despite some incedents whear I came close to being booted from the BBS I managed to get a grip and come back to reality, so I was never booted.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 12:40:45 PM by brady »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
One of the most freeing realizations I've had in this life is that I can only control me (and thats a full time job). People, companies, administraions, etc. are going to do things that just don't make sense to me, and 99.9% of the time, arguing the point is just a waste of oxygen, as rhetoric is more common than logic.

If the game is good enough to make up for the competition I felt on Ch1, I'll play. If not I won't. Right now it isn't, so I won't.
It just isn't worth arguing about.

But the next time someone asks "why aren't you playing AHII?"
the answer will be clear. Because of its knee jerk "features" (like no ch1). And thats my understanding of how the decision was made - a knee jerk reaction. A decision made over a capsule of bad conversation on ch1 on a certain day. Not over weighing pro's and con's of ch1, but an emotional response to what was going over ch1 on a certain day.

Doesn't make sense to me, but the older I get, the less does.
Again, your nickle - hope it works for ya. Maybe I'm just burning out - 3 hours last camp :eek:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 11:17:03 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2004, 11:12:53 PM »
Despite the open channel being disabled, my brother received several nasty private messages for whacking guys not accustomed to being shot down by a newb. He has a two-week account and has to fly using my machine as the frame rate on his old laptop isn't up to it.

He's getting pretty proficient in the 109G-10. He sucked in a pair of Tempests and made short work of them, keeping the fight in the vertical. This got him a private message stating "sandbagging A-hole".

Later he and another guy double-teamed a P-47D-30. He nailed it with a flawless deflection shot. That earned him a "ganging loser" message. Hey, at least he wasn't flying a perk plane.

So, if guys feel compelled to send a nasty-gram, they can and do use private messages. Therefore, why bother to enable the open channel?

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2004, 11:22:23 PM »
Widewing, raises an interesting point, why not just elemanate all com's between aposing sides? Or the idenity of the one who killed you/or the one you killed?

In short a system like they have in WW2 Online in this regard.

This would elimanate a ton of negatives.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2004, 11:24:38 PM »
Guess it's that or go the other way where we have window in window vid capability with cameras on the monitors. That way we can dial up somone direct and wave our peepees back and forth.

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2004, 11:39:47 PM »
Here is something that happened to me today in beta that brings up a point.

I was flying and fighting and doing whatever. Then I recieve a private message asking me a question from someone I dont know. Being the kind of person that doesnt like to be rude, I quickly looked at my radio for a quick way to answer the question. I realized.......there is no quick ez or simple way for me to respond to this person. I know I know I could have gone to the roster and clicked on their name and clicked tune to. Or I could have hit the ~ key and looked up to see the exact spelling of their name and then opened the radio and then typed it into a channel and then when finished re-opened the radio and cleared their name. But cmon, give me a break, it really bothered me to be rude to this person or for them to think I was being rude but geez I was trying to fly a mission and watch my surroundings.
I do not have time to fiddle with all of that just to answer a question or return a >>S<<.

And as far as for this use channel 200 thing, well this person must not have known to tune to 200 for open channel because they were not there.

They then pm'd me again and again I did not have time nor the desire to go through all of the trouble to tune to them and respond.

This kind of thing is going to happen allot. To allot of people and they are going to get frustrated. To have to tune to someone to talk to them is rediculous.

There have been several good ideas brought up on this post to give HT a chance to keep everyone happy. I surely hope that he and his staff decide that keeping the paying customers happy is a worthwhile thing to do.

If nothing is done, it will show only that there is no concern for what the players want and only a concern for what that admin wants. Basicaly, to hell with us would be the taken response.

Please HT help us with this issue and help us find a middle ground so that all can get what they want (pay for).

Thanks, FBRaptor

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2004, 01:01:56 AM »
Much better now... I can SING on Ch200 vox :D

*clears voice*...
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.