Author Topic: Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report  (Read 4262 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Aces HIgh II: 1st Camp After Action Report
« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2004, 12:28:55 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Again, these stats do not reflect the skills of a player.  I fly aggressive, my intent is on the kill, not to 'simulate' the day in the life of a fighter pilot.  I don't play for rank or 'stats', I play for the kill and killing is what I'm good at.  If you really think you can take me or pretty much anyone else in this thread 1v1, time to back up your claims.  After all if the Rookies are such masters of the air, you should have no troubles with us little folk.

ack-ack

You don't get very many kills, you are slow at killing in a great climber and your aim is mediocre with a plane that is really easy to aim with. I have looked up your performance since you began playing Tour 21 October 2001. There is nothing beyond poor to mediocre in there. You fly only one plane, and you don't even outperform people with similiar experience in lesser planes. Whether you fly with score in mind or not is not the point. You admit you fly to kill, but you don't do that very well. Do you fly to aim?

You are a self-proclaimed master of the P38 who is mediocre at best even when compared to other P38 drivers, undoubtedly of lesser quality in your mind.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 12:37:56 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2004, 12:31:03 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
See, that just shows how poorly those stats represent what you want them to.  AKAK flies the majority of his time between 1-5AM EST.  It would be expected that his k/t and k/s would be lower than average since he flies off peak times.  In my experience during those times those that are on usually stick together, so you either end up spending alot of time trying to find a secluded fight or go to the hot area, and be put in the position of being picked.

No need to make excuses for AKAK, I know EXACTLY what he's all about ;)

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 12:33:58 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2004, 12:38:24 AM »
Originally posted by SLO
I have, not taking anything from the guys you've mentioned. But I'd put my money on WILBUZ anyday.

I had the privilege of flyin WITH and mostly against Wilbuz, and that boy can make a 109/190 dance like no others business. In the DA it's a whole new ballgame though.

Wilbuz is a great pilot, I try and wing with him whenever he's on.  Our 190/109-P38 mix is deadly.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2004, 12:39:54 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13

You are a self-proclaimed master of the P38 who is mediocre at best even when compared to other P38 drivers, undoubtedly of lesser quality in your mind.

Zazen

Then you should have no troubles against me in a P-38 :c)

ack-ack

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2004, 12:43:41 AM »
No need to make excuses for AKAK, I know EXACTLY what he's all about ;)

Zazen
Whatever, site the stats and then brush off the factors that mold the stats.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2004, 12:49:08 AM »
Whatever, site the stats and then brush off the factors that mold the stats.

I'm not brushing off anything. You take 100 pilots, they all fly at different times. Giving someones' poor performance undo credence because he only flies late-night on weekdays is a lame excuse. He flies on weekends all day long and during prime-time, that more than makes up for any late night issues. Someone who logs 70+ hours just in a fighter per camp is getting enough trigger time to make up for any time-slot issues.

I fly during the day alot, with a scenario  not unlike AKAK's during late night when I also fly regularly, do you see me peddling that around as an excuse? Nope.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 01:16:26 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2004, 12:55:31 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Then you should have no troubles against me in a P-38 :c)

ack-ack

I dislike the P38, it's big, it has a glass tail, it compresses too easily and I have no desire whatsoever to micro-manage trim settings. Planes that climb great and dive like crap have always made my head spin in bewilderment at the ironic paradox, the P38 and the 109s are examples in AH.

As far as duelling is concerned, I am estimating I've been asked, cajoled, threatened, coerced, manipulated, goaded and pleaded with to duel egomaniacs of various shapes, colors, sizes and descriptions at least 86,752 times in ten years for the purpose of adolescent, ego assuaging, noodle measuring.

Guess what? I grew out of that in High School...

I'll tell you like I have told the 86,751 before you. If you want to duel in fun, for educational purposes, we'll discuss it privately and perhaps set a time amicable to both of us one evening. Otherwise, the only duel you will get out of me is when you have the misfortune of coming across me in the MA. The improptu duels in the MA, where you only know who popped your cherry when you see, "You Have Been Killed By Zazen", is more my style.:aok

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 01:14:32 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2004, 01:23:25 AM »
I am not peddaling excuses.  Just pointing out what I have actually seen and you have not.  You have been reading tea leaves from the get go.  The tea leaves dont tell all.  They wont tell you who would win a mass 1v1 tournement because many of the top contenders dont give a rodents posterier about the stats they post for you to review.  This isnt baseball where even playing is contingent on posting good stats.  Your analisis of individuals only applies to those who put a priority on stats.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2004, 01:34:44 AM »
Your analisis of individuals only applies to those who put a priority on stats.

That's not necessarily true at all. There are many pilots who consistantly rank in the Top 100 in fighter who also, purportedly, do not care one wit about their statistics. They just happen to rank highly by virtue of their innate ability to kill efficiently and effectively. I think it was Todd who ranked in the top 100 (45th or so  if memory serves) a year or so ago who did not land a single sortie. Shane does it on a regular basis while surviving less than 10% of his sorties, and he even has a mediocre hit % like AKAK, which makes ranking i nthe top 100 even harder.

I myself ranked 68th in fighter not too long ago on my wife's account just goofing around, yankin' & bankin'  in TnB planes while learning the F6F. I made no special attempt to live, or in any way enhance my K/S, K/T or Hit %. I ranked in the top 100 accidentally, strictly by virtue of whatever innate skill and ability I possess, all the while flying aircraft I was totally unfamiliar with relatively early in my AH career.

The fact that AKAK fails to do this with his experience in an aircraft he is the self-professed master of, even incidentally, speaks volumes.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 02:07:31 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2004, 02:32:30 AM »
Ok so if I got this straight, AKAK is a "mediocre at best" pilot supported by statistics that dont mesure up to where you think they should be for someone who is ignoring statistics.

Zazen is a "timid flyer" supported by a refusal to back up his 'Im better than you are AKAK'  statistical interpretations with a direct demonstration 1v1.

And if posting stat comparisons isnt "adolescent, ego assuaging, noodle measuring" then I dont know what is.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2004, 02:42:22 AM »

And if posting stat comparisons isnt "adolescent, ego assuaging, noodle measuring" then I dont know what is.

Not at all, scroll up and read what AKAK wrote, the post I quoted when I replied with the statistics comparisons. AKAK, with no tangible evidence whatsoever draws all kinds of conclusions about me as a pilot and as a person. He drew these conclusions with zero empirical evidence and zero personal, first hand knowledge. My posting his statistics as compared to mine and drawing my own conclusions based on some hard data was an act of self-defense, nothing more.

I realize he is your squaddie and you have some kind of moral obligation to go to the mat for him but, this is nothing new. AKAK makes it his personal agenda to attack me in just about every thread I post in on this BBS, even when completely out of context with the thread. I have a right to defend myself as I see fit when he does this.

I don't recognize your name so am not sure if you are aware of this, I suspect you are, but I have some bad blood with your squadron. I was a member of your squadron maybe ten or eleven years ago, I left on very bad terms. There is alot of very old animosity between me, Reemo, Noamo, and some others that will remain nameless. AKAK's personal attacks on me are a symptom and constant reminder of this 'ancient history'. His constant abuse and attacks on what he assumes is my flying style, actually has nothing whatsoever to do with the game of today. It's a personal vendetta with origins a decade old.

I think it best for the well-being of the community if from this point forward I simply ignore any and all posts by any member, past or present, of the 479th Raiders. I started this thread to encourage discussion about some of the finer points of AH, not to get into a pissing contest with you, AKAK, or any other 479th Raider.

I wish you all the best! May all your sorties be fun!

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 03:19:45 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2004, 05:32:43 AM »
[

I fly during the day alot, with a scenario  not unlike AKAK's during late night when I also fly regularly, do you see me peddling that around as an excuse? Nope.

Zazen [/B][/QUOTE]

its twice as easy to survive the MA in the daytime

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2004, 05:37:20 AM »
I dislike the P38, it's big, it has a glass tail, it compresses too easily and I have no desire whatsoever to micro-manage trim settings. Planes that climb great and dive like crap have always made my head spin in bewilderment at the ironic paradox, the P38 and the 109s are examples in AH.

Zazen

someone posted stats on planes the other day

the planes u fly were all over 1.5 kill ratios. Some because they were blue ack bunnies some because they were runners.

the 38 had a .82 k/d ratio. so anyone who has a ratio in a 38 thets higher thsn that is above average 38 pilot.

You fly a 38 around awhile and you will see its a BFT
But you just said  its too hard to fly.
And ur a daytime weenie

I fly night and day and day is more than twice as easy
:D

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2004, 05:40:54 AM »
. The improptu duels in the MA, where you only know who popped your cherry when you see, "You Have Been Killed By Zazen", is more my style
Zazen [/B][/QUOTE]

translation...
"the only fight u get out of me is i cherry pick you in the MA"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2004, 06:21:52 AM »

Zazen

Dives crappy?  P-38 is excellent in the dives, the only ones that have troubles are those that don't really know how to fly it.  

Micro-manage trim?  P-38 doesn't have torque so you really don't need to adjust the trim.  Again, micro-managing trim just shows inexperience.

Never thought I'd see the day that I rise up to defend a Luftwhiner plane but the bf109 also had very good dive characteristics.

Personally, it sounds to me like you've never even taken a flight in either plane and just spewing up the stuff you read in the boards.

What is making your head spin in bewilderment is that you actually need to know what you're doing in either plane to be successful and that is something that's beyond your abilities.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 06:29:03 AM by Ack-Ack »