Author Topic: None, Zero, Nada...  (Read 3967 times)

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2004, 08:11:30 PM »
Tell us nash since he wont release his military records,why not ,

Whats he got to hide. Or in your opinion only repubs. have to

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2004, 08:15:59 PM »
Okay I looked for O'Dell, but all I could find was this:

"John Kerry lied to get his Bronze Star," says one, Van O'Dell."

Throw me a bone, here.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2004, 08:23:12 PM »
face it nash... he's as big a sissy boy as you are.

lazs

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2004, 08:23:18 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
What's that whole CO mess got to do with anything?

That was one screwed up war... On any angle you look at it from. A complete mess...

So maybe Kerry went there, and was like, wtf IS this?

Maybe he pissed off his COs... but I can guaruntee you if questioned at the time, his COs were a hell of a lot more pissed off about much, much more than this Kerry guy.

Do I fault anyone for being non-PC over there about it? Nope.

I seen alotta movies (which qualifies me as an expert btw) that has some dialogue along the lines of "Anyone who tells you this is about God, country and apple pie is full of 5hit. It's about my unit and that's all"

Well, his unit stands behind him.

These other bozos are unwitting pawns.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2004, 08:23:47 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Okay I looked for O'Dell, but all I could find was this:

"John Kerry lied to get his Bronze Star," says one, Van O'Dell."

Throw me a bone, here.

What more do you want?    You can't find much about ANY of the vets who served with Kerry on either side.

You just have to face the facts, which is something you aren't willing to do.

A:  Who knows what happened on the boats.  People who were there are on both sides of the story.  Every one says they aren't politically motivated.  Regardless, they are motivated somehow.  We will honestly never know the truth.  You just believe what you want.

B:  Maybe Kerry DID stretch the truth to get out of swift boat duty.  Again, who cares, and who can blame him.   Lots of people would.  Does it reflect on him as a person if he did?  No, but it does reflect on him as it relates to qualifications to be CIC.

C:   Does what happened 30 years ago have anything to do with this election?  Not really.  The part it SHOULD play is miniscule.  They both have records in politics that should be discussed.  Why aren't they?  Because you have to have an understanding of political relationships and the issues to discuss them intelligently.  The vast majority of people don't.  It's much easier to just dump on issues that are easy to understand, and don't take any analysis.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2004, 08:24:44 PM »
Hi Lazs!

That was a short reply.... Put another quarter in it and git yerself 15 more minutes.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2004, 08:26:47 PM »
Nice Grun but it's been pointed out several times that I'm missing a big piece of the puzzle if I don't know about the one guy who was on his boat.

I just wanna know what his deal is? What he say?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2004, 08:29:58 PM »
That was one screwed up war... On any angle you look at it from. A complete mess...

So maybe Kerry went there, and was like, wtf IS this?

Maybe he pissed off his COs... but I can guaruntee you if questioned at the time, his COs were a hell of a lot more pissed off about much, much more than this Kerry guy.

Do I fault anyone for being non-PC over there about it? Nope.

I seen alotta movies (which qualifies me as an expert btw) that has some dialogue along the lines of "Anyone who tells you this is about God, country and apple pie is full of 5hit. It's about my unit and that's all"

Well, his unit stands behind him.

These other bozos are unwitting pawns.

The COs ARE important, though.  They are the ones tasked with evaluating Kerry.  They view his actions, how he does his job, his attitude, the attitude of his men, his results, etc and rate it.  That's their job.  I'd take their word even before his men.  Here's an example.

When I was first assigned to MIF my team leader was loved.  He was easy on us and avoided hazard zones.  Unfortunately, military bearing went out the window and he wasn't accomplishing his mission as well as he should have.  We loved him, but as a team leader he sucked.  He was replaced.  The COs evaluated him, realized he wasn't the best for the job, and dumped him.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2004, 08:35:11 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
Every single one of Kerry's COs say he isn't fit to be CIC.

Arriving late, sorry.  (Nash, youre a poopy head) There.

Do you have a link for this I can read?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2004, 08:36:41 PM »
I get the sneaking suspicion that John Kerry was in fact the very first person in Vietnam ever to realize how shrecked up things were. This irritated his seniors, who thought THEY were the only ones allowed to ***** at their seniors, which pissed off THEIR seniors and next thing you know we have The Pissed Off Swift Boat Operators.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2004, 08:40:33 PM »
I get the sneaking suspicion that John Kerry was in fact the very first person in Vietnam ever to realize how shrecked up things were. This irritated his seniors, who thought THEY were the only ones allowed to ***** at their seniors, which pissed off THEIR seniors and next thing you know we have The Pissed Off Swift Boat Operators.

I presume to know nothing about what Kerry was actually like in Vietnam because I wasnt there, but if his attitude was anything like youre describing above he's lucky he wasnt fragged.

Junior officers have a job to do and if they're worrying about how "shrecked up" the war is, they're not doing it.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2004, 08:41:38 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
Arriving late, sorry.  (Nash, youre a poopy head) There.

Do you have a link for this I can read?

Here's the report  from cns, you can't take the info from there and look further if you'd like.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2004, 08:42:28 PM »

Ahhhh yes, Kerry the intellectual.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2004, 08:43:33 PM »
I worked for a guy once who was an ex-swifty.  I was mate on his boat,  sweet little 32' custom sportfisherman.  We ran charters on the weekends, and he would drink with the charter party, and about 2 in the afternoon, pass out at the helm.  This was not usually a problem, as I sat on the bridge steps to get a good view of the baits, and would just run the boat too.  One time he did it while we were circling a rig about 70 miles offshore, though, and I was in the cockpit.  We missed tangling a rigger in the leg of the platform by about 2 feet, and that was the last time I worked with him.

He wouldn't talk about his time much, but he did say that the boat handled just like his swift boat.  He had Stewart and Stevens double turbo'd intercooled detroits in it, and that boat would fly!

Not in relation to anything, just my experiences.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
None, Zero, Nada...
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2004, 08:47:11 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
I presume to know nothing about what Kerry was actually like in Vietnam because I wasnt there...

Shoulda stopped there. And welcome to the club.