Author Topic: Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Rooks Win Reset Despite ENY
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2004, 02:23:08 PM »
I've left out the fact that I like ya anyway but that was because I want to look mean. ;)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2004, 02:25:40 PM »
hey Tbolt is that a stick dent i see in your head ?  ;)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2004, 02:37:07 PM »
Originally posted by Goobman
I refuse to allow the eny limiter force me into a decision to switch sides that I normally wouldn't make. To that end, not only am I not going to switch sides but I will fly more than I normally did before eny limiter was put into place. That will be my form of protest until I decide where I will spend my $15 in the future.

100% agree.
I had even closed my account. After 2 weeks I resubscribed. I fly only on rook's side now, and I will do it regardless of any plane set restrictions.

I don't think that FW190A-5 or Mussy matches La-7 or P51D. If anybody doesn't think so it's his problem. May be veterans wouldn't agree with that but I am not a veteran, and, frankly, don't care about what they are talking. So, I don't  worry about my K/D or score, I don't bother about my skills any more, I don't even try to fight in the most cases. Suicide bombing, and intentional crash sometimes - this is my way to play this game now. They will get kill, but at least they won't get perks.
It is my form of protest.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2004, 02:43:47 PM »
And then Vad found out he enjoyed the 190A5 and Mossie and promptly forgot that he was angry about the LA7. ;)

Offline Jasta

• Copper Member
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2004, 02:44:22 PM »
I never thought the imbalance was a problem...

It shifts back and forth with each passing month and year.

Id like the ENY limiter to be repealed just so that I can stop listening to the whining. The ENY has never effected my gameplay, and I wouldnt really mind if it did. But to stop all this retarded whining and moaning, lets just get rid of it. There was a lot less whining from the imbalance crowd.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2004, 02:45:34 PM »
Originally posted by Jasta
I never thought the imbalance was a problem...

It shifts back and forth with each passing month and year.

Id like the ENY limiter to be repealed just so that I can stop listening to the whining. The ENY has never effected my gameplay, and I wouldnt really mind if it did. But to stop all this retarded whining and moaning, lets just get rid of it. There was a lot less whining from the imbalance crowd.

Can I get an AMEN?! :D

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2004, 02:45:36 PM »
Originally posted by Roscoroo
hey Tbolt is that a stick dent i see in your head ?  ;)

Arlo done it.  :(

Well, I'm going back to the arena for a while.  There have been some good ideas that have come out, and I think we can all agree that the ENY-r system needs to be - at the very least - adjusted.

I think it's also obvious to HT now that most of these Rooks aren't going to switch sides or log off.  

In the name of better customer relations, it's my opinion that HT would do very well to disable ENY-r until the next plan can be set in motion.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2004, 03:01:05 PM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
Arlo done it.  :(

Well, I'm going back to the arena for a while.  There have been some good ideas that have come out, and I think we can all agree that the ENY-r system needs to be - at the very least - adjusted.

I think it's also obvious to HT now that most of these Rooks aren't going to switch sides or log off.  

In the name of better customer relations, it's my opinion that HT would do very well to disable ENY-r until the next plan can be set in motion.

There's no need to 'hard-code' solutions to gameplay player balance issues. Players balance themselves over time. The economics of finding good fights and human nature will alone achieve balance if left unmolested. When you start monkey'ing with individual freedom of choice and emotional attachements between friends you're playing with fire. HTC has the good fortune of being able to look back at a rich history of massively multi-player WW2  Combat Flight simulation's trials and tribulations when making game design decisions. HTC knows full well Airwarrior existed 3 times as long as AH has with the same population demographic just on a larger scale and was balanced perfectly for that entire duration by simply allowing complete and total individual freedom of choice. It works, it's been proven, why HTC chose to mess with something as fundamental as this when it works fine on its own if you are patient and allow it to naturally unfold is unfathomable.

Zazen
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 03:17:00 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline TBolt A-10

• Silver Member
      • http://www.picturehangar.com
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2004, 03:06:45 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
There's no need to 'hard-code' solutions to gameplay player balance issues. Players balance themselves over time. The economics of finding good fights and human nature will achieve balance alone if left unmolested. When you start monkey'ing with freedom of choice and emotional attachements between friends you're playing with fire.

It works, it's been proven, why HTC chose to mess with something as fundamental as this when it works fine on its own if you are patient and allow it to is unfathomable.

Zazen

Well penned, Zazen.  I couldn't agree more.  It's an observation that has been made many times, but still goes unheard, apparently.  :mad:   :(

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2004, 03:09:34 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
And then Vad found out he enjoyed the 190A5 and Mossie and promptly forgot that he was angry about the LA7. ;)

No, it will never happen.
To begin enjoy early war planes you have to achieve something in good riders, get bored and want to face new challenge.

New HTC rules have removed very important part of this curve for new players - starting to win, get confidence.

"The most important thing for fighter pilot to get his fisrt victory without too much shock" (Colonel Werner Moelders, Luftwaffe)

May be these new rules would keep some old players on outnumbered sides from leaving this game but they will for sure alienate a lot of new players in a long run.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2004, 03:10:09 PM »
Originally posted by TBolt A-10
Well penned, Zazen.  I couldn't agree more.  It's an observation that has been made many times, but still goes unheard, apparently.  :mad:   :(

Yup, it's as obvious as a dog's balls to any reasonable thinking person who has been around since the old days. How the 'powers that be' at HTC fail to see the 'big picture' is totally beyond my comprehension.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2004, 03:15:20 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
No, it will never happen.
To begin enjoy early war planes you have to achieve something in good riders, get bored and want to face new challenge.

Oh contraire, mi amigo. You can enjoy anything you set your mind to. You just have to have the mindset. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2004, 03:20:22 PM »
Yup, it's as obvious as a dog's balls ...

Not even goin' there .... heh. But it was tempting.

Zaz .... you and I agree on some things and disagree on others. This is one where we disagree. I don't see a disaster. `Course I didn't see one before. I'll sit up here and toss peanut shells from the balcony at the lot of yas. I don't see anything worth squeelin' over and gettin' excited about.

Bring on a good show, folks!

I've been to the P.I. ..... it takes alot to impress or shock me. ;)

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2004, 03:30:44 PM »
There's no need to 'hard-code' solutions to gameplay player balance issues. Players balance themselves over time. The economics of finding good fights and human nature will alone achieve balance if left unmolested. When you start monkey'ing with individual freedom of choice and emotional attachements between friends you're playing with fire. HTC has the good fortune of being able to look back at a rich history of massively multi-player WW2  Combat Flight simulation's trials and tribulations when making game design decisions. HTC knows full well Airwarrior existed 3 times as long as AH has with the same population demographic just on a larger scale and was balanced perfectly for that entire duration by simply allowing complete and total individual freedom of choice. It works, it's been proven, why HTC chose to mess with something as fundamental as this when it works fine on its own if you are patient and allow it to naturally unfold is unfathomable.

Zazen

Except the demographic of the community has fundamentally changed from the type that populated AW's arenas.  

There is too much emphasis in AH about "winning" the reset and less on creating good fights. What is very obvious is the overall degradation of the average individual's technical skills. This combination results in clumping, people don't want to achieve balance..they just don't want to die.

Much has been made about the time Rooks spent in the bucket. I know because I was there. The country at that time was very different in feel than now. A lot of the "furball" groups switched over, a lot of hotsticks came over....basically guys looking to stay sharp by fighting those types of bad odds.

That was a different era of AH both in demographic and player focus than now.

People now do not want side balance, they want to "win". They're smart enough to realize that odds cover a lot of weaknesses and they will never, ever leave that cocoon. As we've seen, people will quit this game before they willingly go balance the odds.

As Urchin said, odds and planetype or the 2 biggest factors in deciding a fight. Since players refuse to give up the safety and stats boost from odds, HT is trying to prod them by affecting plane type.
Hornet

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2004, 03:36:07 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Oh contraire, mi amigo. You can enjoy anything you set your mind to. You just have to have the mindset. :D

It is true if we are talking about mankind in general but it is not true if we are talking about specific man.

Yes, there are some persons who like masochism. But I don't. Shame on me.