Author Topic: Marines war criminals?  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2004, 10:44:02 AM »
easy to determine after the fact (bad reply try above)

Offline Blue2

• Zinc Member
I'm afraid
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2004, 11:03:56 AM »
All this debate and sometimes vitriol  spouting out of some keyboards just tells me one thing.

The Iraq situation is a huge mess that neither Blair nor Bush should ever have got involved in. Violence only breeds violence.

The 20th Century was violent enough, lets not make this one as bad.

The whole thing stinks and its turning people into biggoted idiots witness some of the posts in these forums!

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2004, 11:31:43 AM »
Originally posted by YTSSGTD
Umm, 1st of all I'm not trained to take POWs, Im trained to make KIAs.

Besides the guys on the ground know that some northeastern pointy-headed liberal-activist judge on some appelate court would just set them free by applying some tenent of the habeas corpus to a non-citizen and free that bastard.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2004, 11:51:13 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
People as ignorant as you should be put down for the greater good.

This quote here is very telling Vidkun. It certainly states your position very clearly. It is very close to the rational used for eliminating the untermenschen. (sp) You need to go away for a while and calm down, this was totally uncalled for.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2004, 11:55:56 AM »
a soldier shooting a wounded enemy soldier (or terrorist, call him what ever you want) after a gun fight...

this happens all the time throu out history, and has been done by all nations taking part in warfare, anyone who say it aint so is either a firm liar or a very naive person.

the only difference is that this time it was cought on tape...

ofcourse im in NO way trying to justify what has happend. im just saying.. War is Hell, there is no such thing as a claen war.
make up with that fact.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2004, 12:48:53 PM »
My point remains...   if wounded or surrendering fighters are faking it and continueing agression then it is perfectlt acceptable to assume that all wounded fighters are a threat... if they move then they need to be shot ded.   the call is up to the guy on the ground and is not our call.  

I don't care if someone from another unit was there yesterday.  I don't know what was done at that time nor would I care.   There were no marines guarding those prisoners... the prisoners were unguarded and free to have been up to anything.   No one knew if they were reaching for a prayer book or the fuse on a sachel charge.

the marine did the right thing.   I hope that he does not have second thoughts about it the rest of his life.

But next time.... make the camera crew check on wounded or surrendering "freedom fighters".

lazs

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2004, 01:00:27 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
My point remains...   if wounded or surrendering fighters are faking it and continueing agression then it is perfectlt acceptable to assume that all wounded fighters are a threat... if they move then they need to be shot ded.   the call is up to the guy on the ground and is not our call.  

I don't care if someone from another unit was there yesterday.  I don't know what was done at that time nor would I care.   There were no marines guarding those prisoners... the prisoners were unguarded and free to have been up to anything.   No one knew if they were reaching for a prayer book or the fuse on a sachel charge.

the marine did the right thing.   I hope that he does not have second thoughts about it the rest of his life.

lazs

agreed
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2004, 01:13:40 PM »
People as ignorant as you should be put down for the greater good.

True as usual to my nickname for him, nazi boy.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline YTSSGTD

• Zinc Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2004, 01:15:39 PM »
No I don't think so. Not if the US keeps filling its armed forces with murderous morons like YTSSGTD here.

Hay oscarhole yes he did have a gun the news even said he did you Fu(K.

I can tell that you have never been in combat. you have no fu(king
clue.  you are the type of guy that when the 1st round goes down rang you will pi$$ you paints, So STFU

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2004, 01:22:17 PM »
Is it really neccessary to create a new account to be critical of someone who honestly deserves little more than a pathetic glance in the first place?  I hope not.

If there is to be even a remote glimmer of this bsb having any value to anyone anywhere whatsoever then we need to keep our IDs up front and honest.

imo

correct me if I misunderstand
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline YTSSGTD

• Zinc Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »
And one more thing oscarhole you do not have the balls to say that to my face, B!t(h.

Offline YTSSGTD

• Zinc Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2004, 01:25:43 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Is it really neccessary to create a new account to be critical of someone who honestly deserves little more than a pathetic glance in the first place?  I hope not.

If there is to be even a remote glimmer of this bsb having any value to anyone anywhere whatsoever then we need to keep our IDs up front and honest.

imo

correct me if I misunderstand

what are you talking about?

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #252 on: November 17, 2004, 01:26:13 PM »
In

B4

Lock!

:D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 01:30:39 PM by AWMac »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #253 on: November 17, 2004, 01:27:25 PM »
Originally posted by YTSSGTD
And one more thing oscarhole you do not have the balls to say that to my face, B!t(h.

You are a funnay intardnet tough guy.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Marines war criminals?
« Reply #254 on: November 17, 2004, 01:41:56 PM »
what are you talking about?
====
Forgive me.  6 posts just seemed a little short to be so taken aback by a regular flunky like gshmoltz.

Figured you were alt'ing with a new account to avoid recrimination with harsh intent in the body of your post.

In any event, Im in agreement with you.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns